Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I'm in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I had to buy my Santee two separate gifts, as the one film is no longer available and I had to get a second-hand version. I don't think it'll mind.

FreudianSlippers posted:

The tracking on the gift I sent my santee tells me it just arrived in the ol US of A so he might even receive before Xmas. Which is as unexpected as it is amazing.

Aha! So you aren't my Santa.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
My gifts arrived today. Which one of you lousy moochers is my secret Santa?

Actually I was really touched by your generosity and thoughtfulness! I'm not posting a pic but I got the complete Thunderbirds (I know what they are but never watched them; my wife liked them and thinks our son will really enjoy them too) and a selection of dozen IPAs. I'm going to have one tonight! (My wife thinks I did very well).

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

feedmyleg posted:

You're welcome! Glad you like 'em. Wasn't quite sure how old the kid was but Thunderbirds works for pretty much any age group - it was developed as one of the first all-ages kids shows that adults could enjoy too. It's also gorgeous 😍. Hope the IPA selection is decent, all the ones in the American selection were pretty mediocre.

The selection looks great, thank you. The craft beer scene here has exploded recently so there is a huge selection of good stuff. Thunderbirds looks great too, and while I would not have thought of it for him, I think he will really enjoy it, so it's an inspired gift.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I ordered 1 of my Santee's gifts on the 16th and 2 on the 7th (one of which should have arrived on the 15th?) - but I've not heard from him, so suspect postal delays. Actually, I've just checked one and USPS seems to have lost it... Another was left in the mailbox on Saturday, and the third is still en route.

therattle fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Dec 20, 2017

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Egbert Souse posted:

Finally shipped! Looks like it won't get there until Tuesday, but it's on the way.

Also got my Santa's gift!

The Wind Journeys, directed by Ciro Guerra. From Colombia! Looks like a neat film, so I'll be watching this weekend.

Didn't see a name anywhere.

Me! I had to get it used as new ones aren't available and there wasn't a gift option. I saw it by chance at Cannes when it premiered and I absolutely loved it. More is to come: one gift should be en route and one seems to be lost by USPS

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Egbert, USPS appears to have lost both your book and DVD that I sent to you separately. That's pretty appalling. I'm following up.

Amazon are sending a new DVD. The book might still arrive; I'll give it another week before contacting the seller.

therattle fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jan 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Egbert Souse posted:

Thanks! You're in England, right? I've had some imports take a whole month or not even show up at all.

Yes, but i ordered from US sites!

• Locked thread