Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

In(fo already sent)

Horror (comics, movies, books, etc.)
Westerns (Classic, Spaghetti, Revisionist, Acid, etc.)
Film Noir and other hardboiled stuff
The occult/paranormal/monster folklore
Filmmaking (so anything informative and useful about any aspect of filmmaking would be very welcome)
Hardboiled/detective/crime books and films.

Favorite directors:
Romero, Coen brothers, Nicolas Winding Refn, Tarantino, Argento, Fulci, Lynch, Scorsese, Agnes Varda, Chan-wook Park, Sergio Leone, Mario Bava (I am a basic bitch)

Jennifer Kent, David Robert Mitchell, and Robert Eggers are also candidates.

Favorite films alphabetically:
Alien
Carnival of Souls
The Evil Dead
Fargo
Goodfellas
Hara Kiri
The Haunting
Possession
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Thing

Letterboxd:
https://letterboxd.com/Gnonn/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Just shipped.

Hopefully my Santee should receive it before the heat death of the universe, which is not a guarantee when shipping from Iceland.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The tracking on the gift I sent my santee tells me it just arrived in the ol US of A so he might even receive before Xmas. Which is as unexpected as it is amazing.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

therattle posted:

Aha! So you aren't my Santa.

Maybe I am but I'm bluffing?

and maybe I am but am really just really bad at geography?

or maybe I aren't

Who knows, I sure as hell don't.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I really hope you enjoy both. I have no idea if either makes sense to anyone outside the strange and inbred bubble that is Icelandic culture. Svartur á Leik ís á fairly basic crime film but it references a few very specific cultural touchstones.

Only after sending it did I realize I should've included some dried fish, rotten shark, and/or sheep's gonads to make it properly ethnic and also smelly. But alas it slipped my mind.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Dec 18, 2017

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

This just arrived in the mail.

I assume it was one of you, there wasn't a note, but both items are from my Amazon wish list and both are greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much santee clause.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

MacheteZombie posted:

Glad your gifts arrived early, but you may keep your eye on your mail box still ;)

I just got a Blu-ray of The Killers (1964) in the mail, I assume it is from you. I've never actually seen a Ronald Reagan film before so I'm pretty pumped.

Thanks a whole bunch, Santa.

• Locked thread