Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I'm in, and I already sent you my info.

Here's my Letterboxd profile and this is my To-Watch list. If a movie on my To-Watch list, there's a 95% chance I don't own it. I also participate in the Shameful thread

Things I love:
Criterion blu-rays, even though I don't have any.
Horror movies (I live in the horror thread)
Documentaries, especially about art, or film, or writers, or weirdos
Animation
Short Films
Weird poo poo
Noir/Detective stories

Directors I love:
David Lynch, Coen Bros., Tarantino, Linklater, Cronenberg, PT Anderson, Herzog, Kubrick, Spike Jonze, Edgar Wright,

Some favorite films of mine:
Brazil
Everything by David Lynch, Kubrick, the Coens, PT Anderson
After Hours
Dead Alive
Stop Making Sense
Adaptation
Synecdoche, New York
El Topo
Dazed and Confused, American Graffiti, and other "he lets wander around in an era for a day"
From Beyond

I'm cool with brand new blu-rays, and I'm cool with used stuff too. I'll gladly take surprises/wild cards/things not on my list that I might enjoy.

I also like books on film theory or really good film criticism/essays.

A Letterboxd list of movies I own on blu-ray or DVD

Franchescanado fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Nov 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Aw poo poo, looks like Santa wants me to cry:

Absolutely love this. I'm a huge Hertzfeldt fan, and I haven't a few of the films included in this compilation. There's a really cool book inside the case based on World of Tomorrow, as well.

This is awesome. These films hit me in a way that I can't describe but love. You did great work, Santa. Thank you.

Now I just gotta find my pipe and my tissues and start feeling existential.

:350: :cry: :350:

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
What crossword book is that?

I need a new crossword book because the one I got is too smart for me.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Timby posted:

This one is incredibly punishing (and oddly esoteric). Crosswords Cum Laude edited by Patrick Berry, picked it up for like three bucks at Half Price Books.

I got a GREAT book of Will Shortz puzzles that were "beginner friendly", I guess. It was above average on the challenge level that were chosen to teach the ways to approach the puzzles. It was difficult, but I could solve them. My friend really liked it, so I ended up giving it to her. Now I forget the collection's title.

I replaced it with this book and I can't even finish one. :(

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Look what came in:

I believe this is the 2nd out of three packages from my Santa, a collection of short films by my favorite director, David Lynch! Awwwwwesome. It also came with a note saying who my Santa is, but I am going to keep it a secret until the last package arrives. The post hasn't come in yet, so it may be today! (Hopefully it didn't get lost. :ohdear:)

My Santee's gifts are on their way and should show up any day now!

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Just got my package, its Blurays of Synecdoche, NY and Endless Poetry. Botb great, but the second one is especially appreciated as Jodorowsky is a big hole in my film experience Ive been meaning to fill. Thanks, Franchescanado!

You wanted weird films with strong cinematography, so I thought you'd enjoy them! Synecdoche, New York is one of my favorites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I just want to say thanks again to Glam Rock Hamhock/axleblaze for setting up the CineD Secret Santa again this year, and for also being an awesome Secret Santa to me! I've been slowly going through the short films and sharing them with friends, and it's been a real pleasure!

I hope everyone has been enjoying the holidays.

• Locked thread