Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Crabs loving own. Good thread OP.

Christmas Island biiiiiiiiitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

ContraBoss posted:

Yissssssss!

I want to visit that island soooooo badly during that time of year. Hell, I think it's also a fair way to pay homage to the goatman :goatsecx:

Godamn right. Original .cx domain. I always wondered if the locals just eat the poo poo out of those crabs during their migration or whatever. Like godamn look at all that crab. Maybe they somehow taste like poo poo or something.

Spinster posted:

Spiders of the Sea

I've always speculated that the first humans to eat a crab were prolly starving before they got around to "Yeah gently caress it I'll eat that spiny water spider."

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

You motherfuckers, CRABS ONLY!!!

(For real though jumping spiders best spiders, they wear water hats)

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I saw this in the gbs discord earlier today.

I actually wrote a story involving monstrously huge genetically engineered war-crabs with armored plated and weapon hardpoints bolted onto their shells. Can't get it published though. I'm prolly a terrible writer but I enjoy doing it.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

myDad posted:

gotta post it dude

No way dude. I'm horribly self conscious about creative stuff. I've thrown away prolly 80% of everything I've ever written and I wouldn't even send anything to a publisher until about two years ago. I hate pretty much everything I write when I re-read it.

But the gist of it is this empire took volunteers from a sentient species of crab that was already pretty huge and juiced them full of poo poo that made them grow huge. They got big fast enough that they had to saw apart their shell to allow the expansion and graft plates into the gaps once it was done. They then mounted crazy rear end manned weapon hardpoints and used them in undersea war. Think WH40k poo poo except not xenophobic and populated primarily by sentient aquatic creatures of various kinds. So basically underwater wh40k crab biotitans.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 16, 2017

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Lol I appreciate the interest but for real I'm cripplingly self conscious about writing. I don't even let people I know really well read anything and keep it locked in a file cabinet unless I'm sending something to a publisher so that I'm less likely to throw it away. And I haven't got anything published yet so odds are it prolly is as bad as I think it is.

I just wanted to write SciFi poo poo about an aquatic empire using dolphin-like lancers and melee battle crabs and whales with artillery on them and poo poo. You never see an aquatic SciFi empire and I really like the idea. Like little tiny animals like shrimps and poo poo being used by a psychic for microsurgery and whales with armor plated noses and metal reinforced skeletons to act as battering rams and poo poo. Fuckin' swarms of bladed fish under mind control to shred enemies and stuff. I just really like the idea.

I just wanted to share my love of the idea of gigantic battlecrabs blasting apart cities and snipping towers in half with their claws and poo poo.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Nov 16, 2017

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

ContraBoss posted:

I can smell your potential from here, man. Creative flow is the bread and butter of all things cool, so I hope you find a way to stop doubting yourself and make your dreams a reality :)

I send stuff to publishers. I just make sure that once I'm done I don't idly reread it later and condemn it to destruction.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Have a spindly creepy rear end SPIDER CRAB

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

The YETI CRAB is in desperate need of a shave.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiwa_hirsuta

For real though this is why Pick threads owned when they were about random animals instead of how she scared a crippled man under a truck by desperately wanting to have sex with him.

Animal threads own good job OP.

Also I tried to find a picture of a gigantic battle crab or something similar because hell yeah but I came up pretty much empty. The scifi world is apparently too hung up on spider stuff to think of the humble crab.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

a real rude dude posted:

crabs are loving disgusting op

Nah. They're cool, tough as hell, and delicious. Like look at that crab gif on the first page. That dude ripped his own arm off and was just like "I DON'T GIVE A gently caress, SCREW THIS GAY rear end ARM" and at the same time he's also prolly delicious to eat.

E: This crab:

We should all aspire to be as badass as this crab.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Nov 16, 2017

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

a real rude dude posted:

they're disgusting crunchy spiders that stink

All arthropods are crunchy dude. It's called an exoskeleton.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

a real rude dude posted:

earth would be so much better if everything with more than four legs died forever

The entire global ecosystem would collapse and everything would die. Including almost all herbivores since most of the key pollinators for plants fall in that group of 4+ legged creatures!

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Nihilism isn't as edgy as the internet has led you to believe, my dude. Most people get over that in high school or college at the worst.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Goonerousity posted:

When i was in grade school i was taught that there are huge crabs and worms, like 10ft large, under volcanic stuff thats cooled by the ocean, but you cant eat them because of sulfur content.

I'm gonna fukkin eat them crabs anyway ain't no godamn element gonna tell me what to do!

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

ContraBoss posted:

Troof. Even in my tank, one crab had been checking out a shell for a while and was prepared to move into it, then a slightly larger crab came by, shoved him out of the way, checked out the shell, and moved in. You could feel the passive aggressive fury boiling over in the smaller crab as it helplessly watched this all take place.

loving chad-crabs...

Lmao owned bitch

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

wait, there's a gbs discord for discussion of crabs?

Nah I just peek in the gbs channel of the sa server occasionally which is basically just the general chat channel and that earlier war crab thing was posted in there.

Mostly I just lurk the Elite: Dangerous channel. There were no crabs of any kind in there, unfortunately.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

scrubs season six posted:

Here's a crab I caught in a shrimpin pot in Alaska. He had poo poo growin on him!

Crabouflage

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

gently caress YES.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Grizzwold posted:

I would not want to mess with this crab.

The most WH40k crab.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

How do they maintain a grip on the inside of those shells?

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

drat that's creepy looking.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Lol this owns

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

ContraBoss posted:

When I die, I want my corpse dropped in the ocean, smack dab in the middle of crab country so that one minute one is daintily picking at my ears, and then then next thing you know three crabs are fighting over my dead balls.

God drat this is an amazing post.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I know we here in CRAB thread enjoy live crabs because they're loving badasses but I wanted to change things up for a minute to how crabs are absolutely delicious sea bugs:

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

drat it now I made myself sad because I want to eat delicious crabs but instead I'm eating grilled chicken and vegetables.

lmfao yesssss

E: this guy has many videos of him loving with his dad and cursing at each other and it loving rules

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Dec 5, 2017

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Knifecrab is my spirit animal and I will always love him.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Mozi posted:

this was posted in a different thread but i thought it belonged in here for some rasin

This kills the human.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

None of us will ever be as cool as Knife Crab or the crab who ripped off he own claw.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

ekuNNN posted:

something clawful :allears:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Debunk This! posted:

the sand bubbler crab. it bubbles sand. for reasons.

According to wikipedia they're eating little bits of something off the sand as they go.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Spinster's work is awesome but I think we all know that knifecrab is the best choice for a tag.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Volcott posted:

Giant enemy crab.

Fuckin hell this is extremely my poo poo.

E: I'm the fat swordsman riding on his crab buddy and trying to figure out how to stab somebody from way up there

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

It's the opposite of cats freaking the gently caress out over dirt cucumbers.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Knife crab rules.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I ate a buncha crab legs the other night with grilled shrimp, a NY strip, and some roasted corn in the cob and god damned that crab was amazing.

So was everything else, but still.

Both crabs and eating them are extremely cool.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Just got done eating crab legs. Thank you, cranky little crustacean buddies, for being so drat tasty.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I can deal with wasps. It's the bugs that're so loving stupid that they just smack right into your face that I have a lot of contempt for. I'm waaaalkin' heeyah!

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

E:

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jul 31, 2018

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Welp, that does it. I'm gonna post a story about a giant scifi battlecrab. Need some time to think about it though. We actually talked about this some waaaaay earlier in the thread and I refused to post what I've already written and I still won't post it (on account of the fact that I'm still workshopping that specific story and trying to get it published), but after seeing all these images of gun-laden crabs I'm inclined to write something more condensed for the thread.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Jul 31, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Mr.Tophat posted:

Need a hand with the writing? I literally have a degree in this poo poo, let's write about crabs

Sinister sideways does the crab bring violent portends, reload his missile launcher, tell a friend.

Honestly I prolly won't go so far as needing a competent editor for the sake of this thread. I just have the urge to pump out a crabby crappy short story about some giant battlecrab. I'm prolly gonna go with something along the line of crustaceans vs. fish/mammals where the giant battlecrab's sole goal is to get close enough to bash down the endotherms' defenses for his littler crabby buddies to swarm into the breach.

But yeah don't go setting expectations, cause I need a little time, but gently caress it I'm gonna post some battlecrab poo poo ITT soon.