Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

Fartbox posted:

I have a question for the class

Clearly the pokemon are sentient and intelligent. In this case we even see the pokemon speaking

Would it then not stand to reason that coitus with the pokemon is in fact fairly acceptable?

it hobbyists are enslaving pokemon to fight why would it be so wrong to teach them to gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Smythe posted:

it takes 2 turns to take effect, my love.. plenty of time for you to enjoy my Hydro Pump

:five:

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
More like.... Speakachu

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
DID THEY DIE?! SPOILERS, OP!!!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Streak posted:

More like.... Speakachu

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Captain Splendid posted:

From a Guardian article on the matter

The original Japanese release of the film contains a similar scene where Pikachu speaks Japanese, but has not prompted the same reaction.

This is the most hosed up part of the story imo.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
It's been a very long time since I watched pokemon, but didn't pikachu loving hate Ash in the first episode and also still refused to go into the pokeball?

Not that I actually care about plot holes in Pokemon.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Didn't Pikachu have a massive animal boner for Ash since forever?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
pikachu used to be fat and cute now look at that fucker

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Didn't Pikachu have a massive animal boner for Ash since forever?

Are Pikachu and Ash gonna gently caress? It's been in the cards for quite some time.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Fried Watermelon posted:

Did they ever have a normal guy just fight pokemon himself?

Like he trained his body and mind to successfully beat a gym using his own skill?

You'll send other creatures to fight for you but you won't fight for yourself? Pathetic.

There's an episode where ash and a fat ninja tackle the poo poo out of an arbok does anyone have a clip of that

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
fans would have reacted better if pikachu was voiced by danny devito

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Captain Splendid posted:

From a Guardian article on the matter

The original Japanese release of the film contains a similar scene where Pikachu speaks Japanese, but has not prompted the same reaction.

Of course not, if Pikachu spoke Japanese it would at least have made sense!

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

a bone to pick posted:

https://twitter.com/broderick/status/930126330615730182

Pikachu loving talks now. Listen to all the upset manbabies cry out in the theater.

I love how pikachu talks to deliver one of the shittiest, cheesiest lines ever lol.

I'm the neckbeard yelling "Nooo" in protest of Pikachu always wanting to be with Ash

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Maybe it's a different pikachu, they all look the same anyway

I can't imagine the average lifespan of a pokemon being very long either

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
how is pokemon still a thing lol

i was WAY, WAY WAY WAY into it when i was 10 or whatever, then when i turned 11 (or whatever) i was like wait this is for literal children its time to grow up. i get maybe maybe a few more years but how are old men going WHAT THE gently caress in a theater when pika pika goes ash i wuv u lets mash pussies aie??

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
They were fun until nerds ruined it by min/maxing their pokemon and now my brother kills all my guys in 1 hit

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

1gnoirents posted:

how is pokemon still a thing lol

i was WAY, WAY WAY WAY into it when i was 10 or whatever, then when i turned 11 (or whatever) i was like wait this is for literal children its time to grow up. i get maybe maybe a few more years but how are old men going WHAT THE gently caress in a theater when pika pika goes ash i wuv u lets mash pussies aie??

I was really into Pokemon when I was a kid, then I got older and decided it was lame, then I got even older and decided the games at least were still fun as hell.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Ashes to ashes.

Pika. Pika pee.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Cnut the Great posted:

I was really into Pokemon when I was a kid, then I got older and decided it was lame, then I got even older and decided the games at least were still fun as hell.

Jimmy Hats posted:

The entertainment industry is harsh on young actors. Look at Cameron Diaz.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
imagine caring about pokemon in 2017 and not being an 8 year old child

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Teikanmi posted:

imagine caring about pokemon in 2017 and not being an 8 year old child

Back when pokemon go came out like literally everyone was playing it.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Imagine making "imagine caring about pokemon in 2017" jokes like it's 2004.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Fredrik1 posted:

Of course not, if Pikachu spoke Japanese it would at least have made sense!

Because Japanese is a powerful, deep language from word to script. Kanji can be used to summon actual supernatural and psychic powers with just a single character. You need an entire paragraph in latin or arabic to do anything that even comes close to the power of that.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
pokemon games are boring and unfun unless you like slogging through a boring rear end game world and grinding through cardboard enemies for 20 hours using a combat system designed for the NES

but regardless of opinions on the games, being a grown rear end adult and going to see a pokemon movie in theaters is objectively shameful

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
At the Children's Museum in Boston, they force all adults without children to leave a photo ID at the desk.

Movie theaters should really be doing this for kids movies too.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Lol at this thread.
Thanks for the laughs GBS.

You guys did it.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

I'm the guy in the top left corner of the last panel.

Pokemon is so crazy that instead of letting Ash age a year, they'd rather have Pikachu talk.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Streak posted:

More like.... Speakachu

Seppukuchu

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mre
College Slice

I'm the guy wearing a Kevin shirt

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Meiers Goldbrick posted:

At the Children's Museum in Boston, they force all adults without children to leave a photo ID at the desk.

that's an interesting fact to know

do you also have a savantlike knowldge of age of consent laws

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

JediTalentAgent posted:

Because Japanese is a powerful, deep language from word to script. Kanji can be used to summon actual supernatural and psychic powers with just a single character. You need an entire paragraph in latin or arabic to do anything that even comes close to the power of that.

Nah i can summon a dude with only 3 words

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
You used to be able to summon jastiger just by saying his name once

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer

maskenfreiheit posted:

that's an interesting fact to know

do you also have a savantlike knowldge of age of consent laws

No, I thought it was apparent that I'm just a parent.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Meiers Goldbrick posted:

No, I thought it was apparent that I'm just a parent.

so you were like why hello front desk person, what if i were to swing by without my pesky wife and kid and then they asked you for an id...

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jimmy Hats posted:

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mre
College Slice