Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Did they say that low control provinces provide less to the market? I missed that. It would be strange, since high autonomy provinces in eu4 still provide full trade value to the trade node

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Frionnel posted:

I think it's more that the locals would still be buying food, importing/exporting goods, moving the economy in some way that affects the market. In this case it seems they don't.

I fully concede that this doesn't matter much and i'll roll with it when playing the game.
Who are these locals? 80-90% of people were farmers or support functions, neither of which would need much interaction with the broader economy to function. Probably even higher percentages in a lot of low-control locations. And it's not like 50% (or 13% or whatever low number you can tumble down it) is no interaction at all, it just means trade is happening more locally.

cheetah7071 posted:

Well, more like the local leaders soaked up the wealth rather than kicking any upstream. The peasants likely aren't seeing any of it either way
If control decreases the estates' ability to extract wealth, then it is the peasants keeping the wealth. Which is historically appropriate AFAIK.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Doesn't ck3 have province Control? IIRC you increased it by sending your marshal there to, idk, be severe with the locals

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

this dev diary in particular is definitely pulling hard from MEIOU where estate and crown control values are very key to how the economy works and every province has an RGO. eu5 feels like it's going to be the sane version of MEIOU and honestly i'm hyped for it. folks can always go back and play eu4 if they're wanting the traditional board game experience, i think it's pretty smart of johan to recognize that eu4 is basically as far as the traditional EU design can go

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Private Speech posted:

By far the most upsetting thing about EU4 is that Anbennar might never get its last continent, which really sucks.

e: Err EU5 not 4.

Why would EU5 stop Anbennar from getting the last continent (Insyaa)? Assuming EU5 is even released before Insyaa (bear in mind it's not even officially announced yet) I don't see why everyone working on Anbennar would just immediately drop it after the immense amount of work that's already gone into it.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

It might not, but at least with CK2 and EU3 a lot of the mods died when the transitions happened, or at least took a long time to transfer to the new game.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

I mean considering the amount of active development Anbennar has, and that they're making CK3 and Vicky 3 mods, that the EU5 mod is a matter of when not if

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Hellioning posted:

I enjoy how little Johann cares about hiding this is EU5.

It's really refreshing, he gets to be super open about everything, get feedback and at the same time can soft announce the game without pissing management off

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Anbennar will definitely make it to EU5. I think some modders got early access to CK3, Anbennar would be ideal for that.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Who are these locals? 80-90% of people were farmers or support functions, neither of which would need much interaction with the broader economy to function. Probably even higher percentages in a lot of low-control locations. And it's not like 50% (or 13% or whatever low number you can tumble down it) is no interaction at all, it just means trade is happening more locally.

In this case i was thinking of local nobles, high clergy and burghers who would still have luxury needs but i'm definitely thinking about this too hard so i'll drop it.

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Apr 18, 2024

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I hope EU5 will ship with the We have Casus Belli as an option.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

I doubt EU5 is coming out before the second half of 2025, so the Anbennar team has some time.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Yeah my complete guess is that they're aiming for a Q3 2025 release window.

Which is a shame because I really want to play it sooner than that.

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Apr 18, 2024

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

A Buttery Pastry posted:

If control decreases the estates' ability to extract wealth, then it is the peasants keeping the wealth. Which is historically appropriate AFAIK.
But there is a peasant estate. Which I guess doesnt mean the peasants wouldnt just keep the wealth but still seems a little weird to me, I guess.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

But there is a peasant estate. Which I guess doesnt mean the peasants wouldnt just keep the wealth but still seems a little weird to me, I guess.

The peasants's tenants are keeping the wealth. Not sure how much sense this makes from an anglophone perspective, but in Sweden peasants (allmoge) were often landlords. If you rented land and farmed it, you were... let me check Google translate... a torpare.

e: The peasants were also one of the estates in Sweden, in addition to the three French estates (i.e. nobility, clergy, burghers).

Staltran fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 18, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Edit: I keep thinking commoners and burghers are a single estate in the game but they are separate.

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Apr 18, 2024