Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom

CharlestheHammer posted:

Man the Byz start is so much harder now because the AI fills its relationship slots up super quick.

Meaning I can't get the allies I need to do anything.

Keep trying! I think it's actually the easiest it has ever been right now without cheesing.
My path to victory involved joining Albania immediately after they were DOWed by the Ottomans. Since Hungary was allied to Albania, being in the same war together gave me more than enough relations to ally Hungary long term.
The combination of Albania's general, Venice's navy, and Hungary's troops are more than enough to demolish the Ottomans if you use the terrain well. Try to get siege ownership of all Ottoman territory bordering Albania and Hungary so the AI will return your cores at the war's end.
After that war, ally the Mamluks (you'll be big enough to rival the Ottomans so this will be easy) and you will be good to demolish the green blob in another two or three wars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom
Mann in the High Castle: As Mann, have a level 8 fort in Pawnee.

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom
New Dev Diary but more interestingly the manual for Dharama which goes into much more depth and has a listing of all the government reforms.
The government reforms sounds very interesting but I wish all reforms were available to all countries, perhaps with more negative effects to compensate.

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom

TorakFade posted:

What are the nations with the most developed mission trees? England / GB with the immersion pack is great, it has no generic mission and some missions even provide permanent bonuses rather than the usual 15 years. What other countries have a lot of custom missions with possibly permanent benefits? I don't mean 1-2 missions to pad out the generic ones, it should be at least 50%/50% custom/generic, like say France or Portugal (I think)...

Half the Mamluks missions are custom.

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom

Family Values posted:

- I would really love if you guys did something to make fort zones of control a bit easier to visually grok. I understand how they work, I just want a map overlay so that I can quickly see what provinces an army can reach when I have it selected.

- Make it so that I don't have to keep remembering to add new colonies to trade companies. Just like, a checkbox somewhere, maybe the subject interaction screen, that adds every new colony in a charter area to the trade company.

- A search field in the achievement window would be really nice. Also a checkbox or something for 'achievements specific to the current nation'.

- When you assign diplomats to auto-improve with outraged countries, have them target countries that have slightly negative opinions and then just get their opinions positive. It's a waste of time trying to improve with a -200 country. It's also kind of a waste of time to completely max out relations. I want to first improve with the -50 ones and get them to +1.

- Similarly, when auto-improving with subject nations it should pick the one with the lowest opinion first. Makes no sense that it first targets a long standing vassal that already has +200 opinion instead of the newly acquired/released one.

- Add a way to see how old generals/admirals are and/or yearly chance of death.

- When mousing over an idea group to see the policies, sort the ones that match idea groups I've already taken to the top

- Fix the thing where when you load a game the outliner is out of order and you have to toggle colonists, buildings, etc. off then back on to get them back to the normal order

- Make the estates outliner, I dunno, better somehow. I want to know when I can do the clicks again.

- Make building a bunch of boats smarter. If you click the + button in a fleet it will often only queue boats in the nearest few provinces, so you end up with 10 boats being built in 1 or 2 provinces instead of 1 boat in each of 10 provinces.

- Similarly, when you click to build an army template it will sometimes queue up one of the regiments in a province that's already working on a boat. It should skip coastal provinces entirely if possible, and avoid provinces that are building boats for sure.

That's all I can think of for now!

This guy EUIV's. Great list!

I would love it if there was an easier way to reassign land from each estate en masse to take away lower autonomy land and give them higher autonomy provinces.

aqu fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Dec 19, 2018

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What the gently caress did this new tiny update for the free Mandate of Heaven week do to my game? All of my saves now crash to desktop. I tried reinstalling the whole game and it’s still crashing. Everything was fine yesterday. What can I do? I have all DLC if that matters.

Double check you don't have any mods enabled. I had a UI mod do this.

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Though from what I remember the whole of the area is pretty much just a result of a Paradox poster that really put in the effort, so eh

That poster was Koramei.

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom

Italy is looking good, great post and work!

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom
Something that really bothers me about EUIV is that mechanics (governments, age bonuses, missions, etc.) are hard locked to specific tags. I think it would be way more interesting if you could gradually reform any given state over centuries via a combination of decisions, ideas, and government reforms to qualify for any given tag mechanic.

aqu fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 21, 2019

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom

Firebatgyro posted:

Does anyone know what the conditions for the "broke a promise to give land" malus are? I know it used to be you called in someone for land and gave them 0 provinces, but in my current game I gave France 1 province for like -12 Trust and I got the malus. Do you have to give at least 0 Trust worth of WS now?

Even though you gave them land it might not have been commensurate with their war score contribution. When you are negotiating the peace deal there will be a green thumbs up or red thumbs down next to their flag to show if they approve of the peace. If they don’t, you’ll get an opinion and trust hit.

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom
I’m not sure what I’m more excited for: Emperor coming out or Reman making a new EU IV video after two years.

https://youtu.be/zWzIgBqcK3s

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom
I’ve noticed Cilli has been very successful in most of my 1.30 campaigns.

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom
Carpet siege automation makes the next expansion an automatic day one purchase.

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom
Impressive, but I’m curious why you chose to not own all of Sicily? Is Aragon your PU?

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom
Dynamic trade routes in EUV would be real neat.

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom
The real reason to want EUV is for WASD camera controls.

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom
Speed 5 always and forever. If there was a speed 6, I’d use that instead.

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom

TTBF posted:

Thought about doing a Korea or Japan game but haven't touched Korea before and haven't touched Japan since before the isolationist mechanics were put in. Any advice? Think I'm gonna do Korea. Expand into Manchuria and then try for Japan? Take a strike at Ming when the mandate is low or let them exist in peace for a while while I get stronger?

edit: Tried reading the EU4 wiki but the guide for Korea hasn't been updated since 1.3 so is missing things like Sinocizing the culture so your empire can accept Chinese cultures

edit 2: I should mention I haven't really played in a year(?) so I'm unsure as to what idea groups are good now. What idea groups are good now? Are the three new ones any good? Was thinking of starting exploration/expansion so I can snipe Colonialism from the Europeans and grab the west coast of the Americas while spreading throughout the Oceania region.

FYI Korea is about to get slightly nerfed with the patch that's coming out next week. That being said, they still are secretly the best tag in East Asia.
As Korea, you'll have crazy insane admin points. I would recommend going humanist first or maybe second for the Confucian harmonization bonus. I think taking humanist also gives you a holy war equivalent CB as a Confucian country?
You'll definitely want to crush the Manchuria first.
Personally, I would focus on exploding Ming over invading Japan. Once you become Emperor of China, you'll be able to add Korean culture to the Chinese tech group to get all of China's cultures accepted for free. China also has a lot of great monuments for Confucianism.
To defeat Japan, use your superior navy to blockade and invade Kyushu and Shikoku. As long as you use a conquest CB with a province on one of those two islands you can just turtle there until warscore ticks high enough where you can take them without having to defeat Japan's main armies. If you want to take more land, you can selectively let one army in at a time while still maintaining numerical superiority to crush them.

aqu fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Nov 4, 2023

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom

MonsieurChoc posted:

Hmm, how do I no-cb Byzantium considering Ottoman will not let me have military access and I have a tiny fleet at game start.

Who are you playing as?
Usually Byz or their allies will eventually get military access through the Ottomans after you no-CB them which solves the problem.

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom

cheetah7071 posted:

I feel like you'll be better just playing through you mission tree and beating the ottomans in a fair fight with poland, lithuania, hungary, and bohemia, than trying to kneecap them with a no-CB on byz

I don’t agree. The way Ottoman missions are structured completely screws them if they never take Constantinople and will make the players life so much easier since they have to snake through Ottoman land to get to Persia anyway.

My advice for vassalizing Byz is to no-CB even without military access and waiting for them to get access from the Ottomans for you. You could also try restarting until they aren’t rivaled with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom

Wafflecopper posted:

It’s obviously EU5 at least in spirit, but I wonder if they’ll go with a less Eurocentric name for it this time? EU4 has already been moving away from the focus on Europe over its lifespan, as other areas are fleshed out and mechanics reworked to make competing with European powers easier, to the point where the name is kind of misleading, not to mention awkward

This is my suspicion as well. I can’t imagine another reason they would be playing so coy with announcing the name of what is obviously going to be the sequel to EU4.