Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Tahirovic posted:

Europa Universalis IV: Welcome to the greater Ming Sphere
would have been better given the current state of the game.
Eh, a lot of Islam is in the greater Ming Sphere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

The Ming Sphere is roughly 20% of the world, which is significant but easy to avoid if you don't want to deal with it (either by playing outside of it or disabling one DLC that came out like a year ago)
Unless someone weak and pathetic like Portugal colonizes Taiwan, then they get to be tribrutalized too. :)

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I tried several times as QQ but since I'm so bad it only ended with :qq:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

If you play in Asia you get easymode, only other tributaries will declare war on you.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

uPen posted:

Drilling is cool and also good.

Drill baby! Harder, faster!

Those are some insane AI levels of stats.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Beamed posted:

If I try to change the ruler's religion to Sunni with the national decision, I take a 2 stab hit and no change takes place. :psyduck:
"Our leader openly patronizes the No Religion faith".
Looks like your sultan's an atheist. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Beamed posted:

Yeah, exactly - I guess Aq Qoyunlu's starting heir was designed to have no religion? For some reason?

When I hover over, it says he's Orthodox, which is even weirder.
That is even weirder yes. Maybe they just forgot him, or there's a bug somewhere.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

In my current Mamluks game Byzantine got utterly stomped into the dirt as usual. But that's just my one game.

I'm really glad the piety events are gone and that the new ones are, so far, less full of book burnings and xenophobic lynch mobs.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Could someone please inform me why this counts as "no adjacent" despite 3 cored provinces right next to it?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The Mamluk government is getting a bit annoying with how it resets my legitimacy to 20 everytime the ruler dies and the new guy takes over. But at least the replacement is young and has +2 admin. I'm not really missing heirs or consorts that much (even though it makes the Sunni bonuses completely worthless).
edit My fourth ruler didn't tank my legitimacy, for some reason. :confused:

Something weird with the decision to form Egypt. It says Mamluk Government with a red X in front meaning I need to have that government to form Egypt but I do have it, I started with it. If you have to have another form of government the tooltip should be fixed to reflect it.

Fintilgin posted:

Did you try the old standby of deleting the map cache and letting it recalculate?
No, I have no idea what that even means. :saddowns:

Poil fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Nov 20, 2017

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Fintilgin posted:

I don't have the game in front of me, but I think if you go into the game folders you should find something like...

euiv/maps/cache

delete all the poo poo in the cache folder and then start the game. It'll take longer to start and recalculate all the province distances/adjacencies and such. Used to use it when distances got screwed up after patches, but haven't had to do it in a long while.
Thanks. I'll give it a shot.

I found the map folder but there is no cache folder in it.

Poil fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Nov 20, 2017

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Gravity Cant Apple posted:

Your legitimacy varies based on which successor you pick. The Circassian option gives 100 legitimacy and 15 army tradition.

Jay Rust posted:

I think if you don't have the DLC, you just get some rando with 20 legitimacy each time.
Yes. It's just a random new guy.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Fintilgin posted:

Huh. Maybe that was just an EU3 thing....? :confused:

Sorry, dude. :(
No worries, thanks anyway. :)

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Third Rome (lol) is mostly if you play a lot of Russia games and think they're severely underpowered and need a big boost. :v:

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Have you checked the documents/Paradox Interactive folder? A few files seem to end up there.
Yup, but I couldn't find anything like it.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I really wish money you get from peace deals wouldn't show up as income in the upper left corner (or in the economy screen I think). It's just a one time thing, unfortunately. The event that gives you 50 pop in a current colony or 200 in a nearby new one popped and I thought I was making enough money to run with the extra colony but the next monthly tick my money started draining like crazy so I had to make giant mothballs to put my forts into.

reignonyourparade posted:

Hey that's not fair, it's ALSO for custom nation gimmick games to take advantage of siberian frontiers in the new world.
Didn't they patch that? Or just nerf it so it's still possible but not quite as insanely broken?

Poil fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Nov 20, 2017

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I my Korea game last week the shogun got into a civil war and had no supporting subjects so I was able to declare war and snipe a couple of provinces. Naturally the shogun somehow scored a white peace against the overwhelming daiyomo dayi vassals but he couldn't do anything except cry into his sushi despite my small and pathetic army with a lacking navy and no allies. :hurr:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Fintilgin posted:

Kinda makes me feel like that should downgrade over time. So first it's +2, after some years becomes +1, then 0, then goes negative.

Like, there should be a reason you don't keep running medieval slave soldier government into the nineteenth century... :lol:
Um, what happens if you pass the decision to outlaw slavery? :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

:stare:

Also how many leaders do you have? :psyduck:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

So the reason why the AI cheats with forts is because when war is declared they begin their movement before the monthly tick starts up the zones from being mothballed? That would explain a lot.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Ah. But does the AI declare war on day 1 and moves on day 1 and forts unmothball on day 1 but don't project zones until day 2?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

It hardly ever happens, unless it's a really big CN of a small nation with independence supported by a strong nation.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Well yeah you can. But then you miss all the cool new trade goods and provinces and stuff.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Hang on, there are newer versions of units which are worse than the ones they replace? :psyduck:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I kinda like that the Mamluks aren't instantly folding the minute the Ottermans are looking at them. They're still utterly screwed as the Ottomans have much better military from superior national ideas, development and the whole Janissary events backing them up. But it's nice that it takes a little longer. :shobon:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Awesome! :woop:

Have you done something about how the game will sometimes go into super lag chug mode despite flowing like melted butter just before, and after? It doesn't happen often at all and I haven't seen it so far in the current patch but it happened once in the last patch. I can't remember if it randomly stopped or if I just saved&quit and it was fine when I resumed playing later. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Groogy posted:

Working on that right now actually. Well one potential cause for it.
Even better, thank you. :toot:

Poil fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Nov 24, 2017

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

really queer Christmas posted:

gently caress Ming.
Right up the vase.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Doesn't it just mean you wasted an entire war and a bunch of diplo points for no benefit at all?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Did you crush any before all 3 had spawned? The game might not flag it properly until there are 3 centers at the same time. Just a guess. :shrug:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Would it be a good idea to make the quality idea group give a bonus to drilling somewhere, instead of the extra discipline?
Is the decision for extra drilling speed worth it? +15% land cost is a lot.

Personally I'd really like if support rebels practically guaranteed a revolt. Currently it doesn't do anything at all.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Well yes. Some idea groups give a trickle of extra loyalty with estates but you only get that bonus if you have the estate dlc I believe.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Uh oh, I've gone past 1500 hours. That's... over two months of constant playtime. :shepicide:

I just had a whole bunch of really really bad rulers but then I suddenly got a really good one! Who turned out to be a naive babbling buffoon. :allears:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Use them for evil and cackle maniacally?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

So I got two events that would have been fine normally.

-A priest in Verona has translated the bible into our language, burn or promote?
-The pope is not infallible, he has given Castile colonization rights of the Brazil region.

I am the Papal State. :v:

:catholic:

Poil fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 29, 2017

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

skasion posted:

To be fair, most people in Verona would have probably spoken Venetian as opposed to like, Latin. Or even whatever Italian dialect was spoken in the Papal States.

e: also, does a player pope really not get any say in who gets colonization rights? That’s lame. If I’m the pope and I want to reserve the whole new world for myself, I should be able to do it, dammit.
That's true, if non-latin Italian language was considered official.

Yeah it depends on which catholic country gets the first colony in a region.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Hey, in my Papal game Ming only tribrutalized their neighbors. :toot:
Except for Korea, who are halfdead after Ming and Japan took a lot of land from them. No idea how or when it happened. But Japan currently have the mission to conquer Korea but they are also guaranteeing Korea's independence for some reason which means they might've gone full tsundere.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I finally managed to kick France out of Italy. It only took until I had the imperialism CB so I could declare on a West African nation who called in France to help. Manger de la merde et mourir you elan bastards! Not so fun now that I have the upper hand is it?

Groogy posted:

but I like discontent sown :(
Used it a lot in MP
It's worthless in SP, I've been throwing it against the Ottomans over and over but it doesn't have any effect. Neither does supporting rebels, even the close to 3000 option for particulars. :(

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

+20% improved relations help burn off AE a little bit faster. :)
I'm kinda sad there isn't a +5% sailor advisor though. Imagine how useful it would be.

Drilling is such a pain. It takes years for my brand new troops to become trained at fighting but as soon as they get any real actual combat experience they unlearn everything and become dumb scrubs. It's only good for one battle and not even that if you run into any attrition whatsoever. Hell just shipping your troops somewhere makes them lose effectiveness unless of course you send them on the first of a month and the trip doesn't take more than 30 days. I'm not claiming to be an expert on historical warfare but weren't the hardened veterans usually better at fighting than the fresh recruits? But at least the bonus from high professionalism is nice.

Poil fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Dec 2, 2017

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Cool.

In my current and previous game all reformation centers spawned inside Germany so it caused a lot of religious chaos and started the big war. Usually half of them spawn in Scandinavia and the British Isles so they don't accomplish much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

There is also this annoying event that makes you lose a lot of proffesssionalism or an absolute ton of manpower. It loves to fire during wars too. :argh: