Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Getting back into this game and have a question, since the mod I used to use for this is no longer being updated as of 1.13:

How can I create an alternate start scenario? I want to take a country that as far as I can tell doesn't appear in any of the existing bookmarks (Jerusalem) and have it show up on the map at whatever the earliest start date is. I'd do a custom nation but since it already exists in the game files I was wondering if it would just be easier to put it on the map using the files already made for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Cynic Jester posted:

If all you want is to play as Jerusalem without any other map changes, a custom nation is the easiest way. If you don't want to do that, what you can do is start as any of the countries capable of forming it(https://eu4.paradoxwikis.com/Jerusalem) and use the console(https://eu4.paradoxwikis.com/Console_commands) to grab the provinces needed to form it. If you want to mod it(https://eu4.paradoxwikis.com/Modding), it'll be much more work and something I wouldn't recommend doing for such a relatively small change.

Thanks for this btw!

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

So I know there used to be "more provinces" mods. And now there are like a million provinces in the base game. Is there a less provinces mod?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Are there any mods that replicate Sunset Invasion from CK2? I just realized as I was trying to decide what to get in the sale that it's not an actual DLC for this game.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

So how do people get automatic military access to my territory? The Ottomans are walking all over me to invade someone else and they never asked!

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Communist Walrus posted:

Coastal raids are a crucial aspect of the game's core Bad Popups You Can't Do Anything About gently caress You mechanic

It's really weird to me that it doesn't create a CB and there's no peace option to force them to stop raiding you

Like, I know it was you Tunis!

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

PittTheElder posted:

My client states are Revolutionary Revolutionary Revolutionary Revolutionary <name> too for some reason.

loving splitters

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

this is insanely niche but are there any good mods that make the map font have lowercase letters? It drives me nuts that when there's an accent on a province name it makes the accented letter tiny/on a different line (JAÉN)

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I ask this every time I get back into this game and apparently it doesn't bother anyone else OR it's not fixable but: does anyone know of a map font mod that will fix the way accented letters show up in country/province names?

the default font makes stuff show up as like ARAGóN and it looks dumb but it seems like all the font mods I find also have this problem

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I just started up a vanilla game and this is the kind of thing I'm talking about :

Again it's very possible this is a "doesn't bother anyone else" thing but I play Spain and Portugal a lot and I like to put the accents in all the province names so it comes up sometimes

another good example:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

My personal EU5 wish is fewer provinces. There are way too many, especially ones that are IRL so not-notable they don’t even have Wikipedia pages