Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

skasion posted:

Does everyone get a neat little scene-setting pop up on game start now, or just Timurids?

I got it with the Mamluks as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Groogy posted:

But how am I going to afford my Ferrari otherwise :(
e: though seriously I think bunch of them are on sale on our paradoxplaza store

second edit: also why is it so quiet, is everything okay with the patch and expansion? :ohdear:

I can't shitpost and dismantle the Ottomans at the same time.

skipThings posted:

Put your old expansion on sales again you greedy fucks :(

50% off most things in the Paradox store at the moment.

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Florryworry is highly entertaining but the way he plays is not new player friendly.

Budgetmonk119 has some good guides on opening moves for some harder to play nations.

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My first CoC run is with the Mamluks and so far the Ottomans are not pushovers at all. They seem to pump enormous amounts of monarch points in developing provinces while maintaining tech parity with the rest of the world.

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is anyone else noticing less influenza outbreaks this patch?

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Was this added in some of the latest patches? Doing a nice and relaxing Ottoman game and I didn't know Sunni nations could manually convert to other religions, let alone a religion with only provinces half the world away.

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It took me a whole Sunday of restarting but I finally managed to get a good start (Not dying by 1450) with Byzantium. In 20 years of gameplay the Ottomans now have lost wars to Albania/Venice/Me, Mamluks, me solo, Bosnia/Servia Superbalkan Tag Team and finally one to Genoa.

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I started using Quantity ideas as the first group in my last 2 games (Vijayanagar and France) and so far it's great. I chain wars together without a concern for manpower or money since I dont have to bankrupt myself mercing up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not gonna lie, having the Ottomans support my independence in a Holland into Netherlands run is very convenient