Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
How do you get army professionalism? I swear I keep my troops drilling whenever they are not at war, hire generals instead of using my ruler or heir, take the +professionalism option in every event, as well as the decisions, and by endgame I am often lucky to be halfway up the bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Ahhh, it's mercs. My first war with the Ottos devastated my manpower, so after that I was hiring at least 2 companies for every war of note and tossing them at the thickest fighting.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Is there a way to stop/slow the spread of the revolution? My game has no country turned revolutionary yet, but it appeared on my capital despite high stability and being the top nation, and it's spreading all over and wrecking my beautifully low autonomy all over the place!

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Randallteal posted:

This is effective, but it does add a tragic element to your campaign as you eventually turn on your trusted ally and strip bits off of them over the course of several wars with their most hated enemies, all to get a sweet cheevo when you take Constantinople.

Is there a way to make the Ottos like you, though? In all my Ethiopia games they ignored me until the borders got close, and then promptly rivaled me.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Detheros posted:

Probably one of the more cursed Prussias I've formed :v:

What was the base nation you started as??

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
FINALLY had an Ethiopia game go mostly right!

Managed to secure the horn without drawing the ire of the Mameluks, vassalize a 1-province Yemen and feed it some of the arabian peninsula back. came close to facing coalistions but managed to bribe countries into liking me juuuust enough.

It's 1550 and I have nearly all of Egypt, allied and married to Portugal and Spain. Ottomans have just touched my border but have not rivaled me yet.

Any suggestions on where to go from here? I could start building up money and favors to do a quadruple attack on the Ottos, or start colonizing (no idea where, though).

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Is there a difference between 'cities' and 'provinces' as far as rukes/requirements are concerned?

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Getting back into the game after about 2 years gone. Any good DLC that is worth getting? I heard there's some new mission trees for Muscovy/Russia and the Baltics, too.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Ah, seems I need to get the latest DLC to get the new mission trees, and not just the update.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I would recommend using the $5/month subscription that they offer. You get access to ALL content from every DLC for $5/month. I'm only 3 DLCs behind but I'm considering getting it instead of paying $50+ for each of the DLCs that I am missing.

That's not bad advice, but 3 US dollars a month is a decent bit of money here and likely could be more with the shaky exchange rate. I'll wait for a sale.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Ugggh.

Got a mission reward of claims all over the Orissa Coast as France, sailed over to finally nab some Indian land, start winning the war, then when it's time to open the truve screen...

"All provinces out of coring range."

poo poo. poo poo. I had always assumed that missions that gave you claims in the other side of the world also let you core them!

Thankfully I also have a PU with a very big Castile, so I -might- be able to steal some of their provinces along the way to try and chain cores.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

You can't sieze land from PUs, unfortunately. If they have any small allies, you might be able to vassalize them in a separate peace then feed them land in the main peace deal while you sort the issue out

Well. I'm hosed.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Huh.

Got a CB to vassalize Poland as France, so of course I do it, though sadly Lithuania did not come in the package.

Despite me having nearly every Liberty Desire reducing ability, plus two age bonuses, sky-high diplo and being quite big myself, their Liberty Desire never goes below 100%. All my other PUs and vassals are around 0% despite being as developed or more. Anyone knows what might cause this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Steam sales are actually tempting this year. Might get either Domination or Lions of the North. Thoughts?