Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Fear started to creep in...

Fear because this ragtag developer built a brand on its own and out of nothing, fear because of its networking abilities were enabling it to find and coordinate talents worldwide, fear because Universo Virtual was delivering milestone after milestone at a meagre price, fear because UV was able to raise the interest of the community while having absolutely nothing to show for almost a year, fear for the nearly unmatched popularity of the dev diaries of Magna Mundi, fear because this upstart company was in effect acting like a producer not a developer, fear for UV’s assertive behaviour when calling Paradox on past promises, fear because out of a slight intended to hurt the capabilities of the team this amateur developer was able to force Paradox hand in surrendering a better renderer, fear because in the only instance Magna Mundi was shown to the mainstream strategy press with any kind of popularity rating, it got to second place out of more than 11000 titles for a day, was in sixth place for a few more days and in fourteenth for about a week, marks that surpassed Paradox flagship titles by far (regarding that batch of previews, best result for Sengoku was 113th, best result for Crusader Kings 2 was 42nd). Fear also for the way it seemed to sense danger and tricks and other low blows. Fear for the unpredictability of its actions or way of thinking no matter the tricks employed to monitor it. Fear.

(https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3526017&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=107#post414110631)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I tried an ottomans game and went full throttle as fast as possible. At one point I was fighting 4 coalitions at once. As one would declare war on me, another would start to form. Ottomans don't care, once you get good generals everything is food. One downside is that all my neighbors have been beggared and nations a little further out (spain, russia, france) are huge monsters at 1650.

Fister Roboto posted:

Having high AE isn't the end of the world. In order for a coalition to form against you, there need to be at least four countries in the world that meet these criteria:

-Doesn't have a truce with you
-Is not allied to you
-Has a negative opinion of you
-Has at least 50 AE against you

If there aren't at least four nations that meet these criteria, a coalition will never form, no matter how much AE you accrue. One of the best ways to prevent coalitions is to keep them in truces. Or you can improve relations with them to keep their opinion positive. Even if a coalition does form, if you're strong enough they won't even try to attack you.

Didn't know about this, makes the rolling coalitions make more sense

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

The insults in lords of the realm 2 were pretty good. I liked the Knight.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Sage Grimm posted:

there's a certain subsection of EU players that fellate themselves on reforming the roman empire

I love these guys.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Is there any other way to play besides world conquest? I feel as if I must kill everything, everyone, always.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Unions always win.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

What the heck happened, why didn't anyone pull the plug on this?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

oddium posted:

spending admin on expansion ideas, to spend ducats on a bunch of 1/1/1 provinces. but on the other hand name on the map gets bigger .......

The only thing that matters is the name size

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I’ve sunk way too much money in this thing. I don’t even want to think about doing it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Push it to the limit. Walk along the razors edge