Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

I love it when someone shits out a map screenshot without any context or explanation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Fister Roboto posted:

Turn off Mandate of Heaven, and then cry about losing your diplo macro builder.

It's still worth it.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Drakhoran posted:

I thought the AI wasn't supposed to suddenly break an alliance with no warning when I had 100 trust?

Usually, but there is the rare case that it can happen. If they have a mission that gives them claims on your cores, or if they suddenly decide that a few of your provinces are of strategic interest, they'll break the alliance, no matter what your trust is.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

oddium posted:

if i have enough bird mana

don't do that here please

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Is there a reason I can't change my rivals? I have a list I can choose from, but they're all greyed out. There isn't a tooltip explaining why I can't change them, it just shows the list and my inability to select from it.

It isn't because I've only been rivals with a particular nation for too short a time.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Does anyone have a decent strategy or guide for Gold Rush? I want to try that + I'll Graze My Horse Here... and Here.

I don't know how much harder or easier that may have become with the Russian Immersion Pack and CoC's changes to Islam.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
So far I've gotten no where since everyone around me allies with each other, and Muscovy is ridiculously powerful with all its vassals. I don't think this achievement was considered with Third Rome. I'm sure you can do it if the stars align and Muscovy gets its poo poo pushed in, some how.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
This game is irritating me. Is Gold Rush even possible anymore with Third Rome? Muscovy is extremely powerful with its five vassals. I can cut him off from grabbing land from Kazan, but their army (around 30k) combined with five vassals (around 5k each) is just overwhelming. Using the horde flatlands combat bonus does not make up for it.

Yes, I know DDRJake did it, but he's the exception to the rule.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Getting nowhere on Gold Rush. If you try to take Ryazan and Odoyev (enough to embrace feudalism,) Muscovy attacks Kazan and cuts you off from expanding there. If you attack Crimea before they can make any significant allies, again Kazan is swallowed by Muscovy. Kazan itself is allied with either Crimea, Nogai, or Uzbek, so even if you wanted to attack them early, you'd have no allies to do it with. I have no idea how this is supposed to be done.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Wooper posted:

Have Uzbek and Nogai not rival each other, ally both. Eat Kazan, and potentially their ally Crimea in one go.

You'd have to wait 10 to 20 years to get enough favors to call them in, and maybe I'm underestimating myself but I do not think the Great Horde can take on Kazan + Crimea at the same time.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I'm watching some DDRJake on youtube, and I've heard him talking about a point where debasing becomes profitable. What point is that? Or has that been fixed.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Fister Roboto posted:

And also better relations over time
And also more morale
And also more trade power
And also more legitimacy
And also you can use it to buy down liberty desire
And also you can use it to throw away lovely heirs

Prestige loving owns

The ability to spend prestige to suffocate shitter heirs with a pillow is, like, the best feature Paradox has added to this game in years.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Is there a way to keep Sweden loyal? I give them a gift, improve relations immediately, build up my army, but one of my rivals always supports their independence and they shoot up to 100% liberty desire. Their era bonus wouldn't offset that. I know Paradox is biased towards Sweden but still.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
When it comes to checking if someone at war with you will have military access to your land, just loving ignore it and assume they have it. I was Denmark and I declared war on England, who was allied with Henswi(sp) for some reason. Five years into the war, a little Henswi five stack shows up on my borders, having marched halfway across the planet to siege a fort they didn't even have enough men to siege with.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Can I get Consulate of the Sea if I start as Aragon and form Spain, then form Italy?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Maldives Immersion Pack, calling it now

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

skasion posted:

Reformed is, I think, totally bugged at the moment. The event fired in my Austria game but no CoRs ever appeared and no one ever converted.

I was wondering if that was bugged. I've noticed the same, no CoRs are showing up when the Reformed event happens.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
The AI formed Prussia, became protestant, led and won the religious league war, is the HRE emperor, and is about to revoke the privilegia. I've never been so proud of the AI before.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

skasion posted:

Wow jeez. Idk if the AI will be smart enough to take advantage of it, but I’d be scared as poo poo if that happened while I had a single province in continental Europe

Thankfully I'm Kilwa, so even if the AI was smart enough (it hasn't been the two other times I've seem them revoke,) they have a huge Ottoman ally they would need to break through to get to me. But yes, if I was France or PLC, I'd be a little anxious.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Mann, that was boring: As Mann, start on the 1444 bookmark, never own more than one province, never be the suzerain of another nation, play until 1821, and never increase the game speed.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

oddium posted:

i keep seeing the maldives get annexed by one of the two indian powers there

Me too. Its so sad. Leave them alone! They aren't hurting anyone!

Node fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jan 22, 2018

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
My goodness. I just started a Mamluks game. This government form is absolutely obscene.

Can I reform into Arabia and still get The Levant Turnabout?

Node fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jan 23, 2018

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Britain's final cavalry unit should be a proto-tank

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

mobius42 posted:

I started a new WC attempt as Ottomans and decided to try a new strategy with exploration as second idea. Just realized around 1630 that I could direct the colonial nations to attack neighbors and have been gobbling up Spanish/English colonies. Any chance this backfires on me from their respective overlords?

I don't know how to WC despite 2100 hours put into this game. I started an Ottomans attempt at 1001 provinces and I don't think I am going to make it. I made sure I was never at peace longer than 3 years and always grabbed as many provinces as possible in each war. Just something I don't think I'll ever be capable of doing.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Jabor posted:

Conquest speeds up massively later in the game as you pick up the admin efficiency techs. If you haven't ever played through to the end of the game before, you'll be surprised.

Yeah, I know admin efficiency and Imperialism/Nationalism CBs let you grab more land, I don't think it's enough to get me 400 provinces in 100 years though.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Challenge accepted.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
When EU4 is frothing at the mouth and coming up with new ideas like "Innovativeness" it's time to take him out to the back and put him down.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
With a Great Britain DLC I'm surprised we didn't see the addition of Naval Professionalism too. This game needs more bars to fill.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Drill your boats.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

420 Gank Mid posted:

Next thing you know people will be lighting fires below decks hoping it'll make the ship go faster

Napoleon was, secretly, the worlds dumbest person ever born.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Wafflecopper posted:

yeah the amount of times i've told my monitor to poo poo or get off the pot is ridiculous. there are some tricks you can use to make them pop faster though, like sticking a missionary in the province or lowering autonomy, although the latter will usually mean you'll have to deal with another rebellion a few years down the line

I'd loving love an "Aggravate Rebels" option that costs just as much military points as repressing them does. I hate waiting around for rebels to spawn.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Byzantium used to be a lot easier when boats could block straits, even if the enemy controlled both sides. The strategy was to take a bunch of loans and build lots of galleys, way more than the Ottomans. Then when they took their armies over to one of the minor Anatolian powers and declared war on them (for their cores, which they mostly don't have anymore) you'd declare war, block the strait, and reconquest uncontested.

That doesn't work anymore and I have no idea how the gently caress you are supposed to survive unless its a 1 in a 100 chance the Ottomans declare war on someone west of you and lose to Albania/Venice/Serbia/Bosnia. Which I've personally never seen happen ever.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Kaza42 posted:

What is this?

Usually if I see a picture of something on the internet that I don't understand, I just assume it's a loss.jpg parody.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm going to make a mod that forces all rulers to have the trait that makes them care about pretty borders.

What does that trait actually do? Does it make the AI only take territory that will complete a state?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Is there a reason the AI never manages to get beyond the first reichs reform in the HRE? Around halfway through my Spain game, considering trying Austria for fun, but that ones always puzzles me

I've got 2200 hours in this game and I've seen the HRE unify a total of three times. The AI tries to do it, it just isn't any good at it. It can't handle the depleting number of members as they get annexed, nor can it handle the reformation.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I might try Ideas Guy just for fun. If you start in North America, what would be a good idea set? +1 colonist is a given. I'm not sure about the +20 colonist speed, though.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Cockblocktopus posted:

Who's the recommended country in India these days?

Ceylon :gizz:

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Man i would love it if disbanded military units would return their numbers to the manpower pool.

It does that when you get high enough army professionalism.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Gonna tank my prestige the whole game doing nothing but insulting everybody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Will I finally be able to form "OG Real Rome 420 Blaze it" with this patch?