Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Had something weird but useful happen while I was playing Timurids with the DLC. I was able to instantly annex my starting vassals without losing DIP points and then got to integrate other vassals normally. First I absorbed Transoxiana for free, then I had to do Afghanistan and Sistan over time like normal, then I got Fars and Khorasan for free. Is this working as intended, are there some special events for this in the new DLC? If so I haven't seen them pop up when I've annexed my vassals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Sephyr posted:

So Timurids apparently went from being a weird horde without a steppe to a proper kingdom with tons of unhappy subjects. the Denmark of asia minor, you could say.

Any obvious strats for it now? Since we don't need to rush desperately to form Mughals (and indian provinces are out of coring reach at first), I guess snacking toward Qara Qonlyu while you integrate a couple of vassals is the way. They are all pretty unruly, though.

Going for Ajam while your vassals still love you, and hoping that Shah Rukh doesn't die to soon. I have a good run going on where he died while I was waiting for Ajam to make peace because I couldn't attack their ally Hormuz. I managed to get strong enough from absorbing most of Ajam that my vassals didn't rebel and I was able to integrate them all peacefully.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Christian IV of Denmark should have been our Babur. :(

Wouldn't that mean he'd have lost Denmark to a weird theocracy?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

MrBling posted:

I started a new game as The Mamluks to check out all the changes and my my are they beefy now.

You don't have to worry about legitimacy or heirs and the high legitimacy ruler also gives you 15 army tradition. Plus you start with a vassal in control of one holy city and easy access to the other which gives you a nice prestige boost.

Controlling Mecca and Medina gives you legitimacy now instead of prestige, which is also really helpful with the Mameluke government.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

RabidWeasel posted:

I've had at least one event which let you choose between pissed off nobility and professionalism or happy nobility and AT instead. That's about it.

Doesn't it also have burgher loyalty too?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

AnoHito posted:

Iirc, the agreement was really between Spain and Portugal to divide colonization rights, and The Pope was more of just a neutral third party that approved it. The Papal states didn't really give a drat who colonized what personally.
It would be kind of cool if there was some system for countries to make treaties/agreements like that with each other, though. You know, without brutally murdering each other.

They'd need bidirectional trade nodes first.

Alexander VI wasn't neutral though, in fact he helped procure a fake papal bull allowing Ferdinand and Isabella to marry since they were second cousins. It'd be cool if you could have some influence on "helping" the pope decide who gets what in game.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Mr. Fowl posted:

Just completed my "Protect the Secret" game.

How do the Yemeni coffee events work?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

hailthefish posted:

Time travel DLC entitled "Zeroth Rome".

That'd be Troy.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Mountaineer posted:

I would actually buy an India Immersion Pack.

Jainism really needs to be fleshed out.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
A Mann Chooses: Abolish slavery as Mann while owning all slave producing provinces.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

oddium posted:

the isle of mann: as mann, own the isle of mann

The Mann of Isles: As Mann, own all islands.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm not sure, but the only benefit to forming Arabia is some permanent claims in lovely land that you've probably already conquered.

You can also take the caliph decision since the Mamluk country isn't allowed to take it, but the government form can.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I would rather see them take the Napoleonic era out of EU4 and add it to the beginning of Victoria 3. The way EU4 lategmae works (forts, forts everywhere) does not jive well with Napoleon's War of Maneuver.

Victoria 3: The Long 19th Century.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I am pretty sure the case of "Perfidious Albion" is terminal.

Perfidious Albion: As England make at least 100 separate peaces.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

spectralent posted:

Not being in the HRE is a strong minus but it's not insurmountable if you have enough elector vassals.

And indeed other reasons for them to vote for you.

What are those reasons? I don't know any way to get them to vote for me outside of vassalizing them.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Fister Roboto posted:

Shorter wars with less combat, especially in the early game, would be a good thing. My problem right now is that every war in this game is total war.

How effective would limiting the amount of warscore you could demand in early wars be? Because just making everything cost more in the early game wouldn't eliminate total wars, just make them less rewarding. If instead there was some sort of a cap on how much you could demand in any one peace then you'd be forced to have more limited wars but if you could teach the AI that, then maybe they wouldn't be so suicidally determined.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Paradox developers need to broaden their horizons, so they don't become reactionary in their game design. Anime sounds like a good idea, so long as it's not historically based.

I'd like a Victoria III visual novel.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

just had everything go against me and i'm not sure why, as soon as my troops entered a battle their morale just feel apart instantly for no apparent reason

Were they forced marching?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Playstation 4 posted:

Compromise, give ENG a core on it.

And give the Ottomans a core on Vienna.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

oddium posted:

timurids -> mughals is already insanely easy and bonkers, gonna be buck wild to have automatic permanently accepted cultures that give bonii

It's culture groups not individual cultures right?

White Coke
May 29, 2015
How many estates will Indian Muslims have? Will they still get Dhimmi?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Groogy posted:

No Brahmin replace Dhimmi for them but they in total get 5 estates.

Nobles, Jains, Clergy, Brahmin, and Rajputs/Marathas?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

sloshmonger posted:

I fully expect you and DDRJake to continue to do the multiplayer stream, even if it's only AIs. Gotta see what Nitra's up to.

When the Swedes are away the Dane and Scotsman will play.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

RabidWeasel posted:

If you point out to these people that actually significant European conquests in India weren't a thing until the late 18th century and therefore probably shouldn't be something which frequently happens in game they tend to get a bit pissy.

This is legitimately one of the reasons why I will continue to lobby forever for the next EU game to stop some time in the mid 18th century before the Declaration of Independence, because then you don't even need to give a fig leaf to these shits.

The game should end in 1789, and March of the Eagles 2 should cover the Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I didn't know about having to demand independence, so once in a Sweden game I took all of my cores from Denmark and Norway, then went back to being under a personal union. At least it tanked Denmark's prestige so I got free once the king died.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
What bonuses do culture groups give to the Mughals?

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Is +100 cannons going to turn into EU4's Sunset Invasion?

White Coke
May 29, 2015
What if they just gave EU4 MoTE's combat system?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Fister Roboto posted:

- Texas' leader names and ship names have been made more Texan.

How many are King of The Hill references?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Ofaloaf posted:

I made that change! It's just the list of defenders of the Alamo, plus the Presidents of the Republic of Texas, plus a departed Texan goon.

Were you at least a little tempted to add Hank Hill or Dale Gribble?