Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

BrownThunder posted:

Gas this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Nothing is more bullshit than passing Go and immediately landing on the Income Tax space

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
"Hello, lucky parking customer. Not only are you going to park here for free, you're going to receive 600 dollars too." - Actual thing that happens in reality and thus should be mimic'd on monopoly

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Doltos posted:

"Hello, lucky parking customer. Not only are you going to park here for free, you're going to receive 600 dollars too." - Actual thing that happens in reality and thus should be mimic'd on monopoly

Look at this rear end in a top hat who thinks wealth in real life is earned as opposed to bestowed upon by some Other just for being at the Right Place at the Right Time.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I want realism in my game that allows you to simply hand over a card to get out of jail

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

If you didn't use real money in Monopoly as a child, you were doing it wrong.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Intruder posted:

I want realism in my game that allows you to simply hand over a card to get out of jail

I too have a gold PBA card

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

I know this is a couple pages old, but drat Matt Ryan looks like a pretty successful businessman who is rapidly closing in on 40. He competes in triathlons in his spare time and he has come to the realization that he never really loved his wife. He goes on long runs early on Saturday mornings, and the last several weeks he's been arriving at the river trail a few minutes later than normal so that he spends part of his run staring at the rear end of the 20-something grad-student who he has started to chat up. Maybe this weekend he'll invite her to get some coffee after their run. He's fantasizes about the impending divorce. He doesn't hate his wife; he plans on making sure that she is comfortable and well taken care of, and he'd prefer to not have a contentious split since he knows that would be harder on his daughter. He tells himself that he wants to make sure he is still a part of his daughter's life, but he hasn't really ever been that involved with her and deep down he knows their relationship will devolve into the odd phone call and birthday card. If he could pinpoint where it all started to go wrong it would probably be after his wife had her third miscarriage. He had always wanted a big family, but at that point it was just too much for her and they stopped trying. He thinks that if they had more kids they could have made it work, but he's still not quite 40 and it isn't too late to start over. He wonders if the grad-student wants a big family...

You guys can't tell me that when you look into that picture of Matt Ryan you don't see a man who grew up in the shadow of an older brother. Jerry was the better athlete, Jerry had all the girlfriends, Jerry was the charmer who could roll around in pig poo poo, flash that million dollar smile, and come out smelling like roses. That’s not to say Matt wasn’t a decent athlete or didn’t have any girlfriends, but Jerry was the star player on the high school football team (although “star” is a relative term on a team that won 6 games in 2 years) and Jerry’s wife (then girlfriend) was the prom queen, and how exactly was Matt supposed to compete with that? Matt would say he had the last laugh now that Jerry is a balding, over-weight claims adjuster living in Overland Park Kansas, but Jerry and Cynthia found Jesus and have five kids and Matt is preparing to divorce his wife whom he hasn’t seen naked in over a year so it’s difficult to feel superior. Matt stopped being bitter at Jerry a long time ago anyways. Once they grew up and stopped competing with each other at everything Matt realized that his brother is just like everyone else, trying to do his best and get by day to day. Matt sometimes lies awake at night wondering if his financial success, which he considers moderate but which any sane person would consider substantial, has really bought him anything but heartburn and a failed marriage, but it’s the sort of crisis that doesn’t lead to any meaningful change and is forgotten by the time the alarm goes off and it’s time to hit the river trail. It’s a cold morning and Matt hopes the grad-student doesn’t decide to hit the snooze button.

You misunderstand. It’s not fan fiction. I’m just trying to describe what this picture looks like:

And what it looks like is a man who has been calling his lawyer’s office for the past week and a half and hanging up as soon as the receptionist answers because he feels guilty for beginning this process and blindsiding his wife with divorce papers. But it isn’t really blindsiding is it? Shannon has to know this is coming. She has to. She knows what has been going on for the past five years, or, more to the point, what has not been going on. Hell, she’s probably been seeing someone else behind his back. Who the gently caress knows what goes on all day when he’s at the office? But then again, this is a woman who spends forty-five minutes in the bathroom at a time and he can hear the sobbing through the door on occasion when she forgets to run the sink to drown it out. She still isn’t well and probably never will be, and if he were to serve her and she were to hurt herself he’s not sure he could forgive himself, not to mention the damage that would do to their daughter. So he continues to put it off, and most nights when he gets home from work he parks his Lexus in the driveway and rehearses what he’s going to say when he walks through the door. “Shannon, we both know this isn’t working. It’s not good for either of us to go on this way.” But what if she wants to work things out? He’s well past wanting to try and make it work, but what if she wants to? Could he actually say no to counseling? Wouldn’t that make him a bad person? And as soon as he’s ready to finally say it, he walks in the door and into the bedroom and the master bathroom door is closed and he can hear the sink running. So he changes into his running clothes and heads out to the river trail.

Matt looks like he feels pretty empty inside, sort of like a man who just had a two hour argument with his wife because she felt “Way too loving fat” to go to dinner at the club with the Applebaums. But he’s tired of making excuses for her, “Oh sorry, Shannon is a bit under the weather,” “Oh sorry, our baby sitter canceled at the last minute,” “Oh sorry, Shannon is feeling way too loving fat to come tonight.” So he begs and pleads and she slams the bathroom door so hard the windows shake. They ride to the club in total silence. He reaches for the radio, but she shifts in her seat and groans so he retracts his hand and curses to himself internally. At the club it’s all handshakes and smiles, though she does manage a subtle glare at him when he orders a double Johnnie Walker Black on the rocks. Janice Applebaum asks if she’d like to share a bottle of wine, and she says “No thank you, I think one of us should remain sober.” Other than that little dig things go smoothly enough, but before they’ve ordered dessert she excuses herself and doesn’t return for twenty or so minutes. She claims to have run into Emilia Parker in the ladies restroom and she just couldn’t get away any sooner, but he notices the hastily reapplied lipstick and he’s sure the Applebaum’s do as well. On the way home he catches a brief whiff of sour breath from her and he almost says something, but before he can she asks if he wouldn’t mind sleeping on the couch tonight because he always wakes her up when he leaves early to head out for a run. As they walk through the door she heads straight into the master bath and shuts the door.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The Applebaum's sound nice.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Benne posted:

Nothing is more bullshit than passing Go and immediately landing on the Income Tax space

Welcome to the 99% friend

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The last time I played Monopoly was at this house party and in back-to-back turns I landed on built up properties owned by this cute girl that was playing with us. She acted all flirty when she tried to pressure me into selling what few assets I had left to avoid bankruptcy and giggled when I was getting visibly frustrated at this obvious attempt at manipulation she was undertaking. I stuck to my principles & went into bankruptcy instead of selling to her.

Later that evening we hooked up in a guest bathroom so... Mission accomplished?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
If I had a nickel for every time I fingerbanged a girl after a game of monopoly

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Doltos posted:

If I had a nickel for every time I fingerbanged a girl after a game of monopoly

You'd have a nickel?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when football is outlawed only outlaws will play football

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I was gonna post saying how that one username Frnak Groe always made me chuckle but I guess this thread is about something else now.

Does anyone ever win a game of Monopoly, or do those games just end?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Games of Monopoly end quite quickly but everyones stupid rear end house rules like free parking jackpots always cause the game to go on for hours thus making it the game that everyone hates because it goes on for too long

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A real game of monopoly is decided on like, the second pass around the board. Enough should be auctioned off by that point that players with bad initial rolls will start having to sell properties and that starts the winner death spiral.

Its not really intended to be fun so much as an abject lesson.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If you play the game "correctly" it ends pretty quickly but is also a lot more egalitarian

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

the car is overrated

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Today is gonna be the day that you're gonna see that Irish IQ
By now you shoulda found out that it's way below the english and the jew
I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do
Around a skull

And all the rages that they feel are blinding
And all their men are drunks is what we're finding
There are many scientific truths that I would like
To say to you but I don't know how

Because maybe, phrenology is respected greatly
And after all, you're my wonderwall

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Barudak posted:

A real game of monopoly is decided on like, the second pass around the board. Enough should be auctioned off by that point that players with bad initial rolls will start having to sell properties and that starts the winner death spiral.

Its not really intended to be fun so much as an abject lesson.

That's just looking at the end result. There's a lot of tactics in how you pick up your initial squares and it's usually quite alright to go around the board the first time and auction every piece of property you land on so your opponents waste their cash on random investing.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Also whatever that was which was posted above my post is sure something

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Anals of History posted:

Today is gonna be the day that you're gonna see that Irish IQ
By now you shoulda found out that it's way below the english and the jew
I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do
Around a skull

And all the rages that they feel are blinding
And all their men are drunks is what we're finding
There are many scientific truths that I would like
To say to you but I don't know how

Because maybe, phrenology is respected greatly
And after all, you're my wonderwall

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

gas this thread

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Colts are on a bye this week, so I won't be able to give everyone an update on Gore's numbers and how close he is to the top 5. :(

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Carlosologist posted:

gas this thread

It used its get out of jail free card.

Any monopoly that uses fake credit cards over fake cash is poo poo.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Athanatos posted:

It used its get out of jail free card.

Any monopoly that uses fake credit cards over fake cash is poo poo.

What about Monopoly on the Wii or something like that?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

BrownThunder posted:

Stop comparing him to SB champion Jerome Bettis. The Bus has nothing to do with that washed up fat gently caress ugly self-farting waste of space named Francis Vivian Gore

Self-farting?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
My abiding memory of Frank Gore will be from the 4th quarter of a London game where the Colts fan in the row behind me began to enthusiastically shout "Frank... GOOOOORE" after every 3 yard gain by Robert Turbin

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
It’s all about the U!!!

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
this forum is loving garbage lmao

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean yeah but why.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Roasted Donut posted:

much like you're posting

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe
my favorite frank gore memory is that he's tied for second lowest wonderlic score ever hth

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Leviathan posted:

my favorite frank gore memory is that he's tied for second lowest wonderlic score ever hth

Who has the lowest? Vince Young?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Roasted Donut posted:

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean yeah but why.

This forum poster combo is fantastic

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Frank Gore had another 62 yards and a TD this week. The TD tied him for 20th all time rushing.

He needs 27 to pass Bettis and 49 to pass LdT to make it into the top 5. The Colts play the Jags next week, so we will see if Gore gets it vs a great defense.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Gore should pass Bettis and then retire

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
From time to time the phrase "self-farting" will pop into my head, and I will think for a moment, baffled as to what it could possibly mean.

Then the line I'm in moves, or the shift whistle blows, or the priest asks me to say "I Do," and I have to quit trying to puzzle it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Close this thread:

Frank Gore is not a Hall of Famer and here's the proof

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/11/nfl..._source=twitter

• Locked thread