Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
I preferred this method of organization, but possibly having them pre-written would be easier or smoother, I dunno :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I think I watch way too much TV and then these awards happen every year and I haven't seen half of the best poo poo yet.

Thanks again Rarity. :golfclap:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

Jerusalem posted:

Also I loved The Orville a lot but holy gently caress it beat The Deuce? :psyduck:

More importantly The Orville beat other grittier Space Scifi shows. With optimism and jokes.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Very cool countdown, I dug it! And good to see Twin Peaks get a lot of love.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

adhuin posted:

More importantly The Orville beat other grittier Space Scifi shows. With optimism and jokes.

Yeah, it might be apples and oranges but watching The Orville alongside Star Trek Discovery was a hell of a tonal whiplash. I certainly enjoyed The Orville far more, and if television hadn't been so loving good last year with so many amazing shows it probably would have snuck into my Top 10 (after Mindhunter).

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
After 2 episodes American vandal seems fun.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Rarity posted:

And of course we can't forget the title of 2017's Biggest Hipster, awarded to the goon who ignored the most of this year's most beloved offerings. This was a close one, folks. It went all the way down to a tie-breaker and Senerio put in a good effort but claiming the prize for a record second year in a row it's BSam!

I wasn't trying for it, at least not as badly as last year. But how close was sen? please explain the tie-breaker

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BSam posted:

I wasn't trying for it, at least not as badly as last year. But how close was sen? please explain the tie-breaker

Both of you listed Riverdale which finished at #11 so I looked for your next best result. Senerio had Legends of Tomorrow at #28 and you had Doctor Who at #35 so you won.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Rarity posted:

Both of you listed Riverdale which finished at #11 so I looked for your next best result. Senerio had Legends of Tomorrow at #28 and you had Doctor Who at #35 so you won.

i didn't. do you mean Crazy Ex Girlfriend?

Or inhumans?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

BSam posted:

i didn't. do you mean Crazy Ex Girlfriend?

Or inhumans?

edit: it has to be CxG, as we both voted for that but neither for Riverdale.

bou
Aug 3, 2006

Thanks to Rarity for your work and putting so much effort in the presentation of the winners!
Since i'll probably never follow the countdown live (CET) i have no preference either way for next year.
i really enjoy this yearly event, so thanks to all participants,too. And now go watch all my listed shows.

BSam - if you really awarded any points to Inhumans, you deserve... some prize.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
So, I kinda watched all episodes of American Vandal today.
It's good.

Thabks for the suggestion, goons whi voted for it.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Thanks for the hard work, Rarity. I always like seeing how these come out. This year's surprise for me is American Vandal, which I hadn't heard of and didn't realize was picking up so many votes.

Everyone in this thread, prepare yourselves to vote for The New Pope in 2019.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Thanks to all who contributed, especially Rarity for putting it all together. I don't post much these days but I always look forward to this thread and the gems it shines a light on. I think The Good Place coming first is well deserved and in hindsight should have made my list, something about it being a partial season made me secondguess myself. Another good crop this year as I loved Patriot and have been enjoying Riverdale so far.

So about Legion... it stresses me the gently caress out. I have done the first couple episodes a couple times now and find the show to be... intense. I recognize everything about it is genius and that what I've seen is great television but I don't know if my mind can handle whatever is going to happen next.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Thanks for all your hard work Rarity.

It was pleasant to not have a list as littered with lovely Netflix Marvel shows as previous years.

To those raging with "Did you idiot Legion voters even watch Twin Peaks!?!?!?!", the answer is No, No I did not. Still making my way through Season 2. It's kind difficult to expect a show to outperform a new property when the previous seasons (and a movie) are required viewing, not on streaming AFAIK and 25 years old.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Thanks Rarity, you're a good egg.

I'm stoked AoS made it in the top ten, with such dick embiggening premium shows around this time.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for doing this Rarity! It was fun going through my memory and then your list of shows to try to pick out a top 10, there was so much great TV this year. Of the top 10 I haven't seen Patriot or American Vandal, I guess that's something I'm gonna have to fix ASAP since shows are starting up again.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Thanks Rarity for doing all this, I know I'll probably revisit this list a few more times when looking for a new show to watch. Which brings me to...can we get another post listing the Top 40 all at once? Kind of a pain having to scroll.

I enjoyed the one by one dump more than what was done last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mr. Nemo posted:

Thanks Rarity for doing all this, I know I'll probably revisit this list a few more times when looking for a new show to watch. Which brings me to...can we get another post listing the Top 40 all at once? Kind of a pain having to scroll.

Sure thing :)

1. The Good Place
2. Legion
3. Twin Peaks
4. The Leftovers
5. Better Call Saul
6. Mr. Robot
7. American Vandal
8. Patriot
9. Stranger Things
10. Agents of Shield
11. Riverdale