Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I got a new job at the tail end of last year and 2017 itself has been so goddamn chockful of long rear end video games that I barely had time to watch TVs. I haven't even watched ten shows this year!! This will probably be my first year not submitting a list as a result.

But I hope Crazy Ex GIrlfriend and Vice Principals do well!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Rarity posted:

What kinda pansy attitude is this, there's still 6 weeks of 2017 to go. Plenty of time to start a binge

It turns out I've watched exactly 8 shows this year, so thankfully I only need to squeeze two in for a full list.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I have now officially watched ten 2017 programs. I will try to squeeze in a few more because Futureman sounds like itll be extremely my jam.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

It's just a matter of not having free time in my case, should be able to crank something out tomorrow night if I'm lucky.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I've had an extremely busy 2017 and there's many shows I wanted to watch but didn't! I should probably have a lot of cooler prestige shows on my list but I found myself too bogged down in real poo poo so I wanted to focus on lighter fair. One thing I can guarantee is that even if I wasn't so busy, i definitely wouldn't have watched the Leftovers!

Castlevania was good but it's like the first third of a potentially awesome season 1 and i didn't watch the Tick because it's only the first half of the season. Cut that poo poo out, streaming services!

okay here's the list:

Honorable Mentions:Series of Unfortunate Events.
Haven't read the books but I'm a fan of the weird grim universe the show portrays and any time where Patrick Warburton is on screen being an extremely melancholic deadpan narrator is time well spent.

10.My Brother My Brother and Me
I'm sprite pepsi and I approve of this web series.

9.Future Man
This show has no business being as good as it was overall. The James Cameron episode in particular is probably the hardest I've laughed at TV all year.

8.Fargo
Still love this show a whole lot, but this was kind of a downer season outside of one really phenomenal episode. Still a better show than the Leftovers!

7.Travelers
Just some good old fashioned sci-fi-rear end sci-fi with good actors and some absolutely enthralling concept episodes. On the edge of my seat waiting for S3 after that loving bonkers ending.

6.Stranger Things 2
I kinda like this one better than the first?? The plotting was a bit more loose and I feel like the back half would work better if you re-ordered it but I really appreciated the focus on character development this time around. Steve rulez ok.

5.Master of None
Season 2 got real experimental in a way I really liked, the people of new york and thanksgiving eps really stood out.

4.Vice Principals
Everything I said about this show last year, but throw in a hilarious conspiracy angle. Extremely fun to watch these toxic motherfuckers hit rock bottom and come to some semblance of self aware progress.

3.American Vandal
Hilarious and weirdly gripping, this mystery mockumentary had me on the edge of my seat wanting to know who did the dicks, and then just happened to be the best portrayal of high school life and the weird cultures that form within it I've ever seen.

2.The Good Place
Partly because it's near perfect tv. Partly because Occ hates it and I hate Occ. Cant wait for this one to come back next week.

1.Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
The gripping journey of Rebecca's spiral into rock bottom followed by her diagnosis and her first steps towards recovery is the most emotionally resonant tv iv'e watched this year. I'm so thankful this show exists.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at Jan 2, 2018 around 00:09

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Yo Rarity is it kosher to make an edit to my list? I've been watching Travelers and I'm almost done the second season which is def clamoring to grab a spot on my list.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

List updated, watch Travelers y'all.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Next year I'm making an intentionally lovely list just to spite you, Rarity.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

IRQ posted:

Ah, a fellow Young Sheldon fan?

It's the thinking man's comedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I woulda been happy with Leftovers not winning, I woulda been happier with the Good Place getting higher than the Leftovers. but this? This is true bliss.

Thank you TVIV.

• Locked thread