Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

I call the darkness unto me from deepest depths of Earth and sea. From ancient evils unawoken, break the one that can't be broken. To blackest night, I pledge my soul and crush my heart to burning coal. To summon forth a deathly power, to see my hated foe devoured.

#10: A Series of Unfortunate Events – Netflix – “Look Away!” I have never seen, read, or played anything related to this series when this series had been released, but upon the announcement, a couple of friends shanghaied me into watching this, and I am glad that they did! I enjoyed every minute of it! The three of us watched it together, and then I departed the room while they talked spoiler talk. Patrick Warburton does the work of his life as Lemony Snicket, and I really like the rest of the cast too, but he’s the standout.

#9 DC’s Legends of Tomorrow – CW – “Sometimes, we screw things up for the better!” So, Season 1 of Legends was garbo, but they realized that, and corrected their mistake for Season 2, and Season 3 is continuing that trend. The show is genuinely one of my must-watch shows of the year, and I have been keeping up with it very closely since season 2. Crisis on Earth-X, the recent crossover, was the best superhero movie of the year by far.

#8 Voltron: Legendary Defender – Netflix – “That’s our sharpshooter!” Voltron Legendary Defender was quite a fun show. If season 2 had been the only release this year, it would’ve ranked higher, but Season 3 was very clearly cut in half, and it and Season 4 (which also released this year) came out disjointed as a result. That all said, it is still a great show. Lance has quickly become one of my favorite characters, with his goofy attitude acting as a cover for his massive insecurities. Hopefully the future seasons are as great as Season 2 was, and I have high hopes for the future of this show regardless.

#7 Talking Smack – WWE Network – “AJ Styles believes the earth is flat” I’m the wrestling guy, I gotta put at least one wrestling show on here! RIP Talking Smack, one of the greats. In 2016, WWE split up its roster into two brands, RAW, and Smackdown Live. After Smackdown, General Manager Daniel Bryan, Correspondant Renee Young, and various wrestlers had an after-show involving Daniel Bryan trying his damnedest to get fired, wrestlers getting to be themselves, and other fun stuff. It survived until partway through 2017, Vince cancelled it. It airs after Smackdown-branded PPVs, but it’s not the same. We’re supposed to get one this weekend, and we’ll see if they bring back the dream team, but I doubt it.

#6 Neo Yokio – Netflix – “It’s more of a midnight blue.” I don’t see this on anyone’s list, which tells me that NOBODY here deserves a big toblerone.

#5 Crazy Ex Girlfriend – CW – “This is my movement!” It’s still a great show, but it hasn’t reached the heights of late 2015 again. That said, I still genuinely love this show and it’s still got really good music. My favorite this year has to be ‘The End of the Movie’ with its relatable morals that ‘Real Life isn’t a movie’ and ‘never bang your ex-girlfriend’s da-a-ad.’

#4 Miraculous Ladybug – TFOU in France – “Simply the best!” Season 2 began with the shocking reveal that Gabriel Agreste, the man the entire audience knew was Hawkmoth, was in fact Hawkmoth, and things have not stopped from there. Each episode has been pushing forward, as opposed to Season 1 which was primarily spinning its wheels except for like 3 episodes at the very end of the season. Show is still good, and I am excited for its Netflix release in December 2017 Winter 2014 Spring 2018.

#3 Fiasconauts – Youtube – (Too many amazing quotes to just pick one) Fiasco is one of the best tabletop games that I am not good enough at roleplaying to play, but I get to experience it through the Easy Allies. The remnants of the former GameTrailers meet up once a month to play a game of Fiasco, and it’s always a riot. Each episode takes a comparatively normal setup (The latest one: you’re going to a Pen Show, a convention about pens!) and runs it straight off the rails (A different episode: Turns out the small town is actually replacing its citizenry with robots.) I genuinely laugh each time and highly recommend you check it out on their youtube channel!

#2 GLOW – Netflix – “It’s a soap opera!” I’m the wrestling guy, I had to put a wrestling show SOMEWHERE on here. GLOW is a story based on the real life promotion, the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling. It is about the fictional wrestlers coming together to learn how to wrestle, the director, who is only doing this to get his crazy movie idea filmed, and the wrestling fan bankrolling the whole thing. The story is funny and sweet in places. The wrestlers (excluding Kia Stevens, who is an actual wrestler, in the main cast) are great cameos in this, and the ending left me wanting more, so I am glad they have confirmed Season 2 will be happening.

So what can top a wrestling show for me? It’d have to be a little weird, and quite possibly just a little wild.

#1 Star vs the Forces of Evil – Disney XD – “andhisnameismarcodiaz” Star vs the Forces of Evil is my favorite show currently on television, and if you told me that right after I saw episode 1 I’d have laughed in your face. The story of a Magical Princess from Another Dimension and the ordinary human boy she hangs out with has been a wonderful show, and the episodes leading up to the Season 2 finale have been great. Despite starting out as an oh-so-wacky comedy, it went on to tackle more dramatic topics, such as racism and xenophobia. The series came to a head in its season 3 premiere, and by premiere I mean a 2 hour movie called “The Battle for Mewni” in which Star confronted every antagonist set up to date and began implying where the show would go. Recently the next portion of Season 3 aired, and while it started a little weak in my opinion, it has led to some very interesting ideas and there are many ways it could go from here. If it continues the quality it started with, it may possibly see itself on the top of the list again next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

I call the darkness unto me from deepest depths of Earth and sea. From ancient evils unawoken, break the one that can't be broken. To blackest night, I pledge my soul and crush my heart to burning coal. To summon forth a deathly power, to see my hated foe devoured.

E: not worth arguing. My list is my list.

Senerio fucked around with this message at Dec 14, 2017 around 19:22

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

E: not worth arguing. My list is my list.

Senerio fucked around with this message at Dec 14, 2017 around 19:22

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

You’re crazy. The real #1 is Colors Spider Man Vs Venom Joker Witch Scream Face killer Clown Superheroes Frozen Elsa Hulk.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

We already had the argument with my list and Pretty Good should be allowed.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

IRQ posted:

Numbers 2-10 are all Young Sheldon, obv.

You're wrong. It's #1 Young Sheldon, 2-10 Big Bang Theory.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

None of y'all deserve a big toblerone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

I didn't put either on, but Twin Peaks didn't grab me, honestly.

• Locked thread