Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

What kinda pansy attitude is this, there's still 6 weeks of 2017 to go. Plenty of time to start a binge

Don't worry I talked him into it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I want to watch Black mirror and Travelers S2 but we'll see what I get to by the 8th

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Honorable mention
Vice Principals – Really wanted for this one to make the list this year but it just got edged off. Fantastic conclusion to such a bizarre and hilarious show.

Bojack Horseman – This show means a lot to me. Even though I couldn’t fit it on my list its depiction of the struggles the characters go through are very important to me.

Stranger Things – I think this season was just as good if not better than the first. The setup for season 3 is really exciting as well.

10. Marvelous Mrs. Maisel – I knew almost nothing about this until I sat down to watch it and it was a huge surprise. Incredibly hilarious and brilliantly acted. Rachel Brosnahan is incredible.

9. Better Call Saul – The final collapse of the Jimmy/Chuck relationship was devastating and enthralling. Everything about the courtroom episode and its aftermath were perfect. The show continues to be a slow burn but I have no complaints.

8. The Expanse – I was in a bad mental space when I first tried to watch this show back when it started. It’s so dense and full of detail and I just couldn’t give it the concentration it deserved. Finally gave it another try this summer and it blew me away. I’ve never seen another science fiction show with this kind of commitment to detail. Story and acting are fantastic as well.

7. The Orville – I had hopes for this show going in but was a bit unsure it could meet them. In the end however it exceeded them. A mostly fantastic cast with really creative Star Trek type adventures. What more could I ask for.

6. Travelers
– I failed to watch season 1 of this in time for last year’s list but I was determined not to let it slip by this time. I love the concept for time travel in this show. In particular Episode 7 featured one of the most interesting ideas for how to work within the limitations, having to repeatedly send a traveler back to just after the previous one to try and prevent something in a very short window of time. The finale was also a huge paradigm shift and I can’t wait to see where season 3 goes.

5. Agents of Shield – This show is still as strong as ever. The latter half of season 4 was some of the best the show has ever been. They delved deep into artificial intelligence and an artificial universe and the effects these things had on the characters have been profound and long lasting. This season’s journey into space and the future are also shaping up to be excellent.

4. American Vandal – I almost skipped this one but my brother made me watch it over Thanksgiving and I’m so glad he did. It’s an absolute perfect true crime documentary parody, but also crafts an incredibly compelling story. Peter himself as the documentarian ended up my favorite character. Best episode by far was the one where he and his friend work to piece the events of the party together via videos and photos on social media.

3. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend – How this show just keeps getting better I do not know. The episode where Rebecca finally learns to begin accepting what her real problems are was one of the best things I watched on TV this year. My Diagnosis in particular moved me deeply.

2. A Series of Unfortunate Events – These books are incredibly close to my heart and this is finally the filmed adaptation I’ve been waiting for since I read them. Almost every detail is perfect, the humor is spot on, the changes make sense, and the heightened sense of mystery from the beginning was a great touch. Would’ve been my number one but…

1. The Good Place – I couldn’t not give the top spot to The Good Place. The ending of Season 1 completely changed the show and season 2 capitalized on it better than I could have imagined. It’s hilarious and clever and always exciting. I look forward to it more than anything every week.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

It had some good episodes but wasn't top 10 material

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Good Place deserves it

• Locked thread