Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
10. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
It's funny, I guess.

9. Vice Principals
It really picks up in the last 3-4 episodes.

8. Bojack Horseman
It ended on a slightly positive note.

7. Brooklyn Nine-Nine
It's a good feeling to see a workplace comedy where people actually like each other rather than being miserable all the time. Michael Schurr is good at that.

6. iZombie
Same old pretty zombie dorks.

5. Riverdale
This show is the cheesiest poo poo and everyone is the most intense person ever. I don't actually know if the show is in on the joke, or if it is sincere.

4. American Dad
I'm amazed how hilarious this show is after all those seasons. The writers are actually good at exploring absurd scenarios.

3. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Way better than any other Marvel show. (Fight me!) Aida was such a cool character. And they did the whole Hydra parallel dimensions thing way better than the comics.

2 Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
Season 2 felt a bit off, because the show tried to pretend to be about love. Now it's back to psychological trauma and mental illnesses. The show finally came full circle and is actually honest now. In season 1 Rebecca spends a long time until she finally realizes that all of this is about Josh. But now in season 3 she finally figured out that it isn't. She was so hung up on several layers of self delusion. So in some sense she was right the first time. I've been saying that since early season 1 and it feels good to finally see a breakthrough.
I still really really love this show and I legitimately think it might help people who have similar mental problems.

1 The Good Place

While I really love Crazy-Ex-Girlfriend, I have to admit that the top spot will go to this.
Season 1 was kinda fun. But season 2 is downright amazing. They basically crammed a whole season into the first episode. And then things get fast. The new group dynamic is nice. And Jannet is the best.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jan 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
After watching that show this week I feel sorta bad for not including Futureman somewhere in there.
I know I could edit my entry, but :effort:.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
That show was kinda fun. But it was one of those shows I totally forgot existed, when I made my list. To be fair I didn't really put a lot of effort in there.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I've seen that thread a bunch of times. And every time I read that title, I read Ms Marvel for a second.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I really should have added the Orville to my list. I was watching it and thought it was just a guilty pleasure. Heck, I only started to watch it because I expected a train wreck. But by the end of the season it's clear to me, that it's a genuinely good, fun and uplifting show with a lovely cast and lots of passion.

So yeah, I don't mind that this show beat The Deuce. Whatever that is.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jan 14, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

This show has ended up at 18 on my personal list 3 years in a row now I think

That's weirdly specific.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I feel kinda bad that Riverdale actually beat CxG.
But it's really quite a fun show. I just don't get why and how.

Take the classical comic book character Archie, who's best known for getting into wacky situations while holding his triangular relationship kinda steady. Now make that a sorta pretentious murder mystery. Also make Mrs Grundy way younger and make her have a sexual relationship with Archie.

By all accounts this description amounts to absolute garbage. This show should not work so well!

Props for the Sex Archie podcast. I randomly listened to their first episode and they where so incredibly enthusiastic about this show that they convinced me to try it.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 14, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

What is that show even about anymore

Last season had Ghost Rider and alternate reality portals spawned by an evil book and also a gorgeous android who made a dystopian Hydra matrix. So yeah, this show still rules.

Man I hat that following this live feels actually exciting. I have to wake up in like 5 hours.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I actually didn't really care for Stranger Things 2. It felt like a redundant rehash.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Never heard of that.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

Watch it immediately

That's a really bad idea because

cant cook creole bream posted:

I have to wake up in like 5 hours.
Got a flight to catch.

whowhatwhere posted:

How have you managed to do that while posting in TVIV?
I guess I'm not really attentive and stay mostly in the threads of shows I watch already. That's one of the reasons this thread is always so great!
Thanks again Rarity.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Again, never really heard of that. But it sounds quite cool. That will probably be my next show to watch.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I sort of dropped mister robot somewhere at the end of season 2. Should I change that? It started to really bore me for some reason.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I guess I really don't share most of the taste of this subforum. Of those 5 shows I love one of them a lot, while I know about the other four and have no interest to start them at all. But I hope my vote will be a deciding factor.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

While I don’t think it’s as good as the other shows in the top 5 (and man did that finale stink), Legion had enough absolutely superb cinematography, surrealist set pieces, and fun writing to deserve a high placement. And holy gently caress were Dan Stevens and Aubrey Plaza good.

Wait. Aubrey Plaza is in that show? I was actually sort of wondering what she was up to these days.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Wow. Good Place won by 49 points. That's a massive lead.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
After 2 episodes American vandal seems fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
So, I kinda watched all episodes of American Vandal today.
It's good.

Thabks for the suggestion, goons whi voted for it.

• Locked thread