Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Hey, you stole most of my list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

10 channel zero

gently caress max landis, but he was only ep on this show so i allowed myself to watch it.
it was a loving stupid idea to bring creepy pasta to the screen but the feel of the show is creepy enough that i think it worked

9 black mirror

The new season isn't out, and I haven't seen it yet, but if I write this now I won't have to quickly do up a list once it comes out.
Let's just say that 1/3 of it will be amazing, 1/3 pretty good and 1/3 not that great after all.

8 red dwarf

since this show has been brought back on Dave it's been funny, but average. it's only this latest season that's reached the nostalgic heights of the show i grew up with. welcome back red dwarf

7 League of Gentlemen

this show just came back for a 20 year anniversary 3 episode season, and halfway through the first episode it starts getting pretty fantastic. not quite as amazing as the christmas special or season 3, but better than that loving film

6 crazy ex girlfriend

i always loved this show, but the moment at the end of the episode when she's on a plane made this loving cry and identify and it really hit me.

5 my brother my brother and me

i am horny for this show, the last episode with the candlenights stuff wasn't great, but pretty much everytime they annoy the mayor, safety town, kiss your father square on the lips.

4 taskmaster

we've had one amazing season of this, plus the champion of champions special and it was glorious, i always laugh at this show and love all the comedians involved in it.

3 The Chris Gethard Show

this show has more heartfelt moments in each episode than every other show does in total
it's beautiful

2 dr who

i can't not put this on my list, even when it wasn't amazing it would top my list. but this years season with Bill was actually pretty amazing for almost every episode. i'm sad capaldi and bill are leaving, but bring on the lady doctor

BUT this wasn't my number one show this year.

1 inhumans

YES

BSam fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Dec 31, 2017

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Rocksicles posted:

You are dead to me

<3

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

i already put it on my list, now i've watched it i'm gonna keep it there

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

bagrada posted:

Updated my list as Happy just jumped on at #10. Might climb higher if there are more episodes before the Poll ends.

I love Happy so far, but i have to say it's just fallen off my list.

I had to remove it as I've been binging the Chris Gethard Show and it makes me feel good about things.

so, even tho i'm not linked in the post at the start, just saying i've edited my list

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

karrethuun posted:

Haven't been able to watch as much TV this past year. A large number of shows I haven't managed to watch yet.

Honorable mentions - American Gods, Travelers (this might crack my top 10 but I'm only half way through)

10. Colony

9. Orville

8. Punisher.

7. Game of Thrones.

6. 12 monkeys.

5. Legion

4. The leftovers

3. Agents of shield

2. the good place

1. The expanse

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

2) This isn't PYF. Please write up something about the shows on your list- why you picked them, what you loved and hated about the season, whatever, just don't do a bare list.

This isn't negotiable; simple, bare-bones lists won't be counted. (It doesn't have to be a massive screed; a sentence or two after each selection is fine. Just write something.) It's really boring anyways, and this thread is also meant to foster discussion. Obviously, discussing what you loved about a season of a show requires discussion of that season, and that means spoilers, and I don't want to wade through a CIA document so feel free to spoiler all you want. Obviously, this also means that if you read this thread you should be expecting spoilers, and don't meta-mod or whine about being spoiled in a thread that explicitly has to discuss spoilers in order to function effectively.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Zaggitz posted:

Next year I'm making an intentionally lovely list just to spite you, Rarity.

Yeah! Me too!

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

bou posted:

not sure if i should feel the good or the bad kind of special... :confuoot:

Tel me about it.

Rarity posted:

99=. (3 points)
Red Dwarf (Dave)
89=. (4 points)
League of Gentlemen (BBC1)
84=. (5 points)
Black Mirror (Netflix)
66=. (7 points)
Taskmaster (Dave)
61=. (8 points)
The Chris Gethard Show (TruTV)
55=. (9 points)
Channel Zero (Syfy)
49=. (10 points)
Inhumans (ABC)
44=. (11 points)
My Brother, My Brother and Me (Seeso)

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Rarity posted:

And of course we can't forget the title of 2017's Biggest Hipster, awarded to the goon who ignored the most of this year's most beloved offerings. This was a close one, folks. It went all the way down to a tie-breaker and Senerio put in a good effort but claiming the prize for a record second year in a row it's BSam!

I wasn't trying for it, at least not as badly as last year. But how close was sen? please explain the tie-breaker

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Rarity posted:

Both of you listed Riverdale which finished at #11 so I looked for your next best result. Senerio had Legends of Tomorrow at #28 and you had Doctor Who at #35 so you won.

i didn't. do you mean Crazy Ex Girlfriend?

Or inhumans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

BSam posted:

i didn't. do you mean Crazy Ex Girlfriend?

Or inhumans?

edit: it has to be CxG, as we both voted for that but neither for Riverdale.

• Locked thread