Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I had less time for TV than ever this year, but still managed to get in a lot of good shows. Here's the best of what I watched.

20 - 13 Reasons Why
19 - The Punisher
18 - Lethal Weapon
17 - Playing House
16 - Colony
15 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine
14 - Agents of SHIELD
13 - Curb Your Enthusiasm
12 - The Americans
11 - Veep

10 - No Activity (CBS All Access)
The trailer for this just magically popped up on Youtube one day and I immediately knew I was going to love it. Great comedy with some of my favorites working today in a very minimalist (cheap) set up. I'm sure they probably shot this whole series in like three days or something but I loved every second. I hope there's more coming.

09 - Ozark (Netflix)
I really did not expect to be into this show as much as I was. It was really fun seeing Jason Bateman in something so different to what I'm used to seeing him in. Laura Linney was also excellent. I had no real thought about this show going in and it ended up making my Top 10 of the year. I'm assuming since it's Netflix a second season is automatic, I hope it is.

08 - I'm Sorry (TruTV)
My favorite comedy of this year. I think I might have been the only person watching or possibly the show just turned other people off. It's definitely not for everyone. I really like Andrea Savage so I was looking forward to this show but the whole cast was great, it even had the lead singer of the Oneders in it! But also recurring people like Jason Mantzoukas, Judy Greer, Martin Mull and Gary Anthony Williams. Really shocked it got a second season as I didn't really hear anyone else talking about it, but I'll take it for sure.

07 - Shameless (Showtime)
This keeps slipping down my list every year, but it's not indicative of the quality of the show as much as it is the quality of other shows. I still love every second I get to spend with this hosed up family. Last year we got two seasons in one calendar year and I'll be honest with as little time for TV as I had this year I'm glad they didn't repeat that. I prefer having it to end out the year as I do now.

06 - Riverdale (CW)
This show on paper is not something I'd normally have liked even five years ago. But I gave it chance based on liking the creator's work in comics and really got hooked. I thought maybe with an increased order of episodes they wouldn't go so crazy so fast in season two, but was quickly proven wrong. Maybe not a shining example of quality award winning TV, but you're not going to find much as fun and engaging as this one.

05 - 12 Monkeys (Syfy)
This show really went crazy this year, not just by airing it all over three days. You can tell they're wrapping it up for the final season and they're not slowing it down a bit on the way there. James Callis was a great addition to the show and I really enjoyed his character. Can't wait to see what they do this year to finally to tie it all together.

04 - Vikings (History)
I'm not exactly sure how this show seems to grow exponentially bigger every year, but it does. It's gone from a tight smaller scale show to something I'd never dreamed it would become. The battles and pure scale of the show are insane at this point. And while it may have lost a big character that made the show what it was, it managed to take that loss in stride and add some great characters to the mix and spotlight others that had been around to make up for it.

03 - Travelers (Netflix/Showcase Canada)
Last year this show caught me by surprise, but this year I was ready. I think it managed to really up the stakes and take a really neat direction with the story this year. A couple of really shocking episodes this season and I love the one big main addition to the cast.

02 - Mindhunter (Netflix)
This was probably my most anticipated show of the year and it didn't disappoint. I'm a huge David Fincher fan and Zodiac is one of my favorite films period. So this project was pretty much right in my wheelhouse. Was blown away by the performances in the show and happy to hear that Fincher is going to have his hands firmly on the further seasons.

01 - Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon)
A real surprise to me, the pilot of this show came out of nowhere and I loved every second and then the show itself dropped and it was even better than I could have anticipated. Pretty much everything about this show landed for me and Rachel Brosnahan is a superstar in the making. Also probably my favorite season finale of any show this year. I feel the season ended just as good as it started and considering it was my favorite pilot in years that's pretty drat great. Cannot wait for the second season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread