Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Master of None, Halt & Catch Fire, The Leftovers, and the Patriot are all fighting for my number 1 spot. This is going to be a tough list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
This is by far the toughest ‘best of’ list I ever had to do. 2017 was an amazing year.

Honorable Mentions: The Good Place (watching Better Things this month bumped it off my top 10), The Expanse, GLOW, American Gods, Mindhunter, Girls, and Ozark.

Biggest Disappointment - Fargo Season 3 . It wasn't bad (I love Carrie Coon), but it was quite the drop-off from season 1 and 2 (which were top 10).

Top 10 of 2017

10 – Future Man
Quality wise this doesn’t deserve to be in my top 10 or even my top 15. That said no show made me laugh harder and Wolf is such a great character. The Operation: Fatal Attraction and Beyond the Truffledome episodes alone puts this in my top 10.

9 – Love
I am starting to feel frustration about some of the decisions the characters make, but in the end it fits the characters. I just hope they try some new things in 2018 with Gus and Mickey. Also it feels like this season aired like 3 years ago.

8 – Legion
Pink Floyd, Dan Stevens (who is becoming one of my favorite actors since The Guest), Mutants, and Noah Hawley. It works even better than I thought it would.

7 – The Handmaid’s Tale
After I finished this show I was for sure it would be in top 2 or 3, but the further I got from it the more it dropped. Now I don't feel as strong about the show as I was once did (I wonder if I watched at the first of the year if it would have made my top 10), but that could also be due to how strong 2017 was. Also Elisabeth Moss please leave that crazy cult you are part of in real life. Thanks.

6 – Mr. Robot
Season 3 was everything that season 2 should have been. If you dropped the show during season 2, you need to give it a second look. It might not be my #1, but man does it scratch that 'what the hell is going on' LOST itch.

5 – Master of None
I watched the seasons back to back this year, and I am still shocked how good this show is. I thought it would be my best show of the year, but my final 4 shows happen.

4 – Better Things
Another show I binged watched season 1 and 2 back to back. Once I got to the Eulogy episode (season 2 episode 6) I knew it would make my top 5.

3 – The Leftovers
This is one of the best shows of the last 10 years (season 2 was as close to perfection as I have seen in years), but season 3 suffered a hair due to being shorten. I hate that we missed out on time with certain characters due to this. Still that is the only negative comment I could up with for this masterpiece.

2 – Halt & Catch Fire
This might be the most criminally under watched show since The Wire (yes even more than The Leftovers). I will miss every one of these characters, and thank you AMC for sticking with the show. This is how you end a show (the closest someone has come to that SFU final season feeling for me). Not making this show #1 was the toughest decision I made on this list.

1 – Patriot It sucks how the critics and viewers have ignored this show. That might be part of the reason why I put this show above Halt, but the true reason is I feel like this show was made for me. It just fits me. Trying to describe this show to my friends in attempts to get them to watch it is hard to do. So I will just say watch this drat show. A speical thanks to Couch Chat thread for recommending it.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Dec 21, 2017

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Yer Burnt posted:

Does this show reference Flavor of Love or something?

No, but it came up when I googled Love season 2, and I couldn't resist.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Spatula City posted:

poo poo, I was going to edit my list to put in Mrs. Maisel. :smith:

I almost did too, but after looking at my top 10 no way I could have replaced anything. Still it would have definitely been in my top 15. With several of my top shows not coming back it could make it in 2018 (just give me less Joel).

• Locked thread