Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The old thread was broken by the sheer force of our collective burgin', so this one shall take its place. Drop your home-made and take-out burgers here.

Burgers are classic. They are so good. We are killing our planet with methane so we can eat this magnificent poo poo, and we're barely even sorry about it.

A good burger is both a blank canvas and a masterpiece on its own. You can put anything on it, you can put nothing on it, or you could eat the bare patty off a grease-coated plate like the stoned degenerate you could only aspire to be. You worm.

Here's the OP for the old thread, because it's good

Chinatown posted:

:burger:This is a thread designated for the talk of burgers and burger related topics. :burger:

There are many good places to acquire burgers, as well as making them yourself, which is not only fun but also highly rewarding.

Below are a few good burgers. I like them all. I have no hatred in my heart when it comes to burgers.

:burger:In-N-Out:burger:

:burger:5 Guys:burger:

:burger:Habit:burger:

:burger:Shake Shack:burger:

There are other places that sell burgers so please post your favorite.

This is mine. Hodad's in San Diego. The owner just passed away and it is very sad but his burgers will live on.

Thank you.

To get things going, here's some burgers I've taken pics of in a bid for fleeting attention from internet strangers:

Go eat burgers, everyone! Take pictures and put them here! Please! I need this! I need to see burgers! Burger me, please!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
I'll bite.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I would have voted for Burger Thread II: Electric Burgaloo but whatever

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I would have voted for Burger Thread II: Electric Burgaloo but whatever

Ah, drat, that's loads better! I held off for a while to see if someone with more clever cells would make a thread, but no luck; this is the consequence, humorous people! Next time, be more proactive!

Thankfully, it's just a placeholder until someone says something funny.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
I was thinking more like "Always 2 More Burgs..."

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Two burgers one bun

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Ground floor.

Is Chinatown okay with this new thread?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Ground floor.

I dunno, I didn't think to ask. I'll shoot em a PM.

Edit: NVM, they don't have PMs.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Gonna burg for lunch today

Cannot wait

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Welp guess I’ll be buying hamburger on my next grocery trip for smashin burgs :getin:

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Ground floor.

burgs wait for no man

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Awwww yiss now when I see two unread posts there's actually going to be two new burgposts to gaze at.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Since it got mentioned in the OP, f you're worried about killing the planet with methane, you can make a very good burger-style sandwich with ground pork (also if you want to spend like half as much as you would on ground beef!). I like to season them into quasi-sausage patties since they are less flavourful on their own than beef hamburgers. Italian sausage seasoning and chorizo seasoning both produce a hell of a good burger thing.

I might remember to take a photo next time I make one.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

PT6A posted:

Since it got mentioned in the OP, f you're worried about killing the planet with methane, you can make a very good burger-style sandwich with ground pork (also if you want to spend like half as much as you would on ground beef!). I like to season them into quasi-sausage patties since they are less flavourful on their own than beef hamburgers. Italian sausage seasoning and chorizo seasoning both produce a hell of a good burger thing.

I might remember to take a photo next time I make one.

Do you use heritage pork to give you the fat content, or is it the industrialized mass produced lean pork and you add another fat?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Ranter posted:

Do you use heritage pork to give you the fat content, or is it the industrialized mass produced lean pork and you add another fat?

I use a good quality ground pork from the supermarket, it has the name of the farm on it but I can't remember what it is, but it is fairly lean. That's what makes it quasi-sausage instead of actual sausage, I suppose.

I hadn't considered adding fat, but I might do it in the future.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Ground floor up in here, in fact I think I'll have a burg after work to celebrate the new thread.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

They’re all beautiful burgs.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

I had a breakfast burg while running errands this morning. No pix though, sadly.

Double smashed patty with brick cheese and a fried egg. :snoop:

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Smash burg with English cheddar and homemade daikon/cuke pickles on a ciabatta.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Crosspost from quick questions

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Anyway how do they season burgers at gyro places?

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
As a big fan of the Spoons burg I will soon be indulging in the Christmas burger they have just announced on their festive menu.

Its a chicken burger with stuffing,cranberry sauce (although I will swap that with gravy) and pigs in blankets.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Gaz2k21 posted:

As a big fan of the Spoons burg I will soon be indulging in the Christmas burger they have just announced on their festive menu.

Its a chicken burger with stuffing,cranberry sauce (although I will swap that with gravy) and pigs in blankets.

Wetherspoons??

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
I saw 2 new replies notification for this thread and my heart sank.
Then I remembered that this thread isn't hosed and got excited and clicked it.

Then I get here and it's you fuckwits talking about chicken.

POST SOME GODDAMN BURGS PEOPLE.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I saw 2 new replies notification for this thread and my heart sank.
Then I remembered that this thread isn't hosed and got excited and clicked it.

Then I get here and it's you fuckwits talking about chicken.

POST SOME GODDAMN BURGS PEOPLE.

I need that burg in me NOW! And another to keep it from being lonely...

And a third, since three's a party...

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Samizdata posted:

I need that burg in me NOW! And another to keep it from being lonely...

And a third, since three's a party...

If you think that looks good, you should try their Lamb Burger.
https://www.facebook.com/burgerbachcarytown/

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Bought a Blackstone griddle so I can burg every day

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Bob Morales posted:

Bought a Blackstone griddle so I can burg every day

Bun game ees strong!

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
I went to a taqueria for lunch today. I live a life of regrets and missed opportunities. I could have 🍔, but I hosed up.

:negative:

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
I achieved perfect eggs earlier, but could not find the thread for it, but they were fried eggs for burgers, so here it go.

Warning; I don't know all the English words for foodstuff (I'm Foreign and do not use English when cooking), but the buns were dark bread (incorrect word, I think, not rye, but not white bread - whole grain? unsure, we may never be able to communicate perfectly, always something will be lost and we must extend upon one another the courtesy of some leeway in speech and intentions) + beef patty with various seasoning (impossible to know the words of seasonings other than salt and pepper, apologies. Rosemary and thyme is also known, but was not in effect), the small style of tomatoes, my home-grown and pickled cucumber+chili <--lots of these, very strong, Dijon mustard, fried onions + perfect fried egg :hellyeah: My bf when eating this says he will marry (not proposal btw, just compliment, no need to congratulate :whitewater:)

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

This thread is perfect.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Grandmother of Five posted:

I achieved perfect eggs earlier, but could not find the thread for it, but they were fried eggs for burgers, so here it go.

Warning; I don't know all the English words for foodstuff (I'm Foreign and do not use English when cooking), but the buns were dark bread (incorrect word, I think, not rye, but not white bread - whole grain? unsure, we may never be able to communicate perfectly, always something will be lost and we must extend upon one another the courtesy of some leeway in speech and intentions) + beef patty with various seasoning (impossible to know the words of seasonings other than salt and pepper, apologies. Rosemary and thyme is also known, but was not in effect), the small style of tomatoes, my home-grown and pickled cucumber+chili <--lots of these, very strong, Dijon mustard, fried onions + perfect fried egg :hellyeah: My bf when eating this says he will marry (not proposal btw, just compliment, no need to congratulate :whitewater:)

:lol:

Random Hero
Jun 4, 2004
I could sure go for a Miller High Life...
I had one of the best burgers in a long time at Au Cheval in Chicago... Perfectly cooked double cheeseburger with pickles, red onion, dijonaisse, bacon and egg:

I don't normally add an egg to my burgers but I felt compelled to in this case.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Now cross post all of the burger dumps here.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Random Hero posted:

I had one of the best burgers in a long time at Au Cheval in Chicago... Perfectly cooked double cheeseburger with pickles, red onion, dijonaisse, bacon and egg:

Fuckin would.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Random Hero posted:

That is art.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Random Hero posted:

I think you have to capitalize the B for this Bacon.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Anyway how do they season burgers at gyro places?

Ask at your local gyro place, maybe?

The gyro places here don't server burgers, but if they did, I imagine they would taste like kofta. I.e. lots of cumin.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Please everyone post their favorite methods for cooking burgers please. Please be descriptive

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Random Hero posted:

My god, you win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

Please everyone post their favorite methods for cooking burgers please. Please be descriptive

1. Give money
2. Eat burg

I mean I'll make my own if I have to, but :effort: