Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«14 »
iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

#GOAT

Ranter posted:

How much does a gourmet burger at the sydney airport cost?

From memory it was fourteen dollereedoos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ranter
Jul 11, 2004

That's actually cheaper than I expected.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

iajanus posted:

Sydney terminal 2

poo poo yeah. Chur Burger isn't my favourite but it's definitely the best you're gonna do at Sydney Airport. Used to smash it when I worked in surry hills.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

#GOAT

Big Willy Style posted:

poo poo yeah. Chur Burger isn't my favourite but it's definitely the best you're gonna do at Sydney Airport. Used to smash it when I worked in surry hills.

It's that or Roll'd there. Nothing else is edible.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Triple patty life

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW I GHOULISHLY CELEBRATE THE DEATH OF CHILDREN TO TEACH THEIR PARENTS "A LESSON"

thread's back!

not sure why the right half is out of focus

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Blotto Skorzany posted:

If you decide to render your own tallow, do it outside to avoid the wrath of your wife/gf/SO.

Incidentally, you can just buy beef tallow. It's reasonably priced and typically comes in 1 quart containers. I use it for soapmaking, but the stuff the soap supply stores sell is food grade/edible and tastes fine.

Finally, if you know anybody who hunts deer, ask them to save both the true suet and the lacy fat in the abdominal cavity in a gallon ziploc for you. A lot of folks toss it out because they superstitiously think it doesn't taste good (part of this myth comes from confusion with intramuscular fat, which will sometimes taste gamey, depending on the deer's age, diet, and what was done with the carcass after field dressing), but in fact it tastes as good as anything as long as you get it cold in a reasonable timeframe and then render it down.

I'm rendering it down as we speak! I have it in the slow cooker and under the hood with the extractor going, no real smell problems. I'm also in Finland and I have never seen lard or tallow for sale in stores here.

(I was too lazy to make everything this finely chopped)

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Well the smell did come, and it doesn't go away when you use it either, made fries last night in it. So all in all I am not sure this was to my tastes over just plain vegetable oils.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

She's a sharkmouth clam
beware
she is

For those of you with a good smashburg game, turns out Turkey works pretty well for that same process. Hot steel, ball of meat, sizzle, smash, season, sear, flip (regard that maillard), season, cheese, cook, onto buns.

They went so fast there is no photographic evidence.

Also I did whole grilled sweet onion slices before the turkey burgs and drat son, they were good on dem burgs.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

This post is good to go

Pile of burgs submitted for approval

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom

College Slice

gently caress just open my mouth and pour it in.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

Bob Morales posted:

Feed me moar

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Bob Morales posted:

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

What is this smashburg I keep hearing about? I've always just formed the patties and put them on the grill so I'm intrigued.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Blazing hot cast iron, 2oz ball of beef, toss into pan and smash to hell, flip and add cheese. Enjoy.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

TheCog posted:

What is this smashburg I keep hearing about? I've always just formed the patties and put them on the grill so I'm intrigued.

https://www.seriouseats.com/2014/03...ra-smashin.html

I just use a bench scraper for both smashing the patties, and scraping them free to flip.

Ginger Beer Belly fucked around with this message at Aug 14, 2018 around 22:35

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

TheCog posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3BN-qJzlHs

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

Time to button mash!

Taught my parents how to smashburg today. Think I converted them. No pictures since they went too fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

C-Bangin' it

Yeah, it is tough to beat a good smash burg.

And as always from the thread advice:

Buy something decent to smash them with. It makes a world of difference.

«14 »