Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«17 »
Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

They probably do double fry but if you mistime the first fry then let them sit in a strainer for hours theyre probably going to loving suck no matter what you do!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Also its entirely possible to do a single fry but you have to cook them well done and you also need a method of immediately wicking off the grease

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009

Hair Elf

Control Volume posted:

Also its entirely possible to do a single fry but you have to cook them well done and you also need a method of immediately wicking off the grease

my dude that literally does not work lol

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

You can make good single-fried potatoes, but they're not going to be the same type of fries as double-fried, the texture changes during the starch retrogradation period and there's no way to fake that. The actual chemical and physical structure of the potato change.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

The only good single-fry method I've found is to start them in cold oil and bring up to a fry for a few minutes. The only downside is if you don't make enough

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

You can make good single-fried potatoes, but they're not going to be the same type of fries as double-fried, the texture changes during the starch retrogradation period and there's no way to fake that. The actual chemical and physical structure of the potato change.

Yeah theyre more like the halfway point between fries and chips, really

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

Time to button mash!

I had a beautiful burg today with the most lovely fried egg on it. Didnít come with fries though, which is a crime. Didnít take any photos cause it was a kinda dark bar.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

#GOAT

Couldn't avoid Burgin in Vanuatu this week because I am weak

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

We will fight them to the last. And we will defend those that cannot defend themselves. Today we fight, brothers and sisters. Today we stand up and never, ever relent. Brothers and sisters -- prepare yourselves. Today we go to WAR!

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

That looks incredible.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Avant de chanter
Ma vie, de fair' des
Harangues
Dans ma gueul' de bois
J'ai tourne sept fois
Ma langue
J'suis issu de gens
Qui etaient pas du gen-
re sobre
On conte que j'eus
La tetee au jus
D'octobre...

iajanus posted:

How much did that run you? Are there many cows in Vanuatu?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009

Hair Elf

Fenrir posted:

That looks incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

sorry

Hi! Don't know if maybe I closed that by accident, mea culpa.

«17 »