Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
He's a pro follow on instagram. @gurmefoodreal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Where does one get a kitchen sword?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Isn't worth a pic but Culver rewards tossed me a BOGO basket.

It would be hard to top that fast food burger.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Smashed out some smashburgs on the gas grill this evening.

Couldn't find potato buns today, but brioche works, even if it did get a little toasty.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Don Dongington posted:

Couldn't find potato buns today, but brioche works, even if it did get a little toasty.

So jealous

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Don Dongington posted:

gently caress that looks good

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Remember: no matter where you go, there you are.
Put some homemade kimchi on top of a smash burg.

10/10 would kimchismash again.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

No pics but got 5 guys the other night by the one by the place we moved into about a year ago for the first time. The burgers seemed better somehow I guess the old location we used to go to was half assing it.
The real surprise was the fries they were ok the first day but they really came alive after reheating in the toaster oven the next night.
I guess they had absorbed enough grease they self fried in the oven.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Yeah, I think 5 Guys fries make for excellent fried up breakfast potatoes the morning after you get them. Like half an onion, fried up in a skillet, then some cheese melted on, with an egg- they make for an excellent hungover breakfast.

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

Veritek83 posted:

Yeah, I think 5 Guys fries make for excellent fried up breakfast potatoes the morning after you get them. Like half an onion, fried up in a skillet, then some cheese melted on, with an egg- they make for an excellent hungover breakfast.

I've made a Spanish tortilla with leftover 5 Guys fries. Worked out really well.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Doing some Christmas shopping at DFO and had to get some Burger Urge

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

iajanus posted:

Doing some Christmas shopping at DFO and had to get some Burger Urge

Now I too have The Burge.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Hungover af so got the brekkie burger at our local cafe

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Hard to tell, is that a hasbrown in the middle?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Colostomy Bag posted:

Hard to tell, is that a hasbrown in the middle?

It is. Beef patty, fried egg, cheese, hash browns, bacon, caramelised onions, and chipotle mayo. Perfect morning.

iajanus fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Dec 25, 2018

qutius
Apr 2, 2003
NO PARTIES

iajanus posted:

It is. Beef patty, fried egg, cheese, hash browns, caramelised onions, and chipotle mayo. Perfect morning.

gently caress

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

No bacon, fail.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Dead Goon posted:

No bacon, fail.

Oh yeah, it had bacon on it (bottom layer). My mistake.

Yay!
Dec 21, 2018
Got some 80/20 ground beef, brioche buns, and feta cheese as leftovers from Xmas dinner - I feel a few heavily smashed burgs coming up.
Or maybe the blue brie, or maybe both cheeses.
Also been given some weird home grown tomatoes - still look green and totally unripe, buy they are so sweet and delicious, they'll find a way in there somehow.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Sounds like a good plan.

Are they heirloom tomatoes? If so you got gold. Good stuff.

Yay!
Dec 21, 2018

Colostomy Bag posted:

Sounds like a good plan.

Are they heirloom tomatoes? If so you got gold. Good stuff.

I have absolutely no idea! My ancient uncle gave them to me, and he's been growing tomatoes pretty much all his life - they are a pretty uniform green colour, so I presumed they weren't ripe, but he said they were fine for eating right away.
Not a uniform "supermarket" shape either - they are sort of "bulgy" looking. Far less watery than supermarket tomatoes, firmer flesh, and a stronger tomato taste, as well as being sweet.
Would that be an heirloom tomato description?

If so I might deseed one and try growing them!

Edit - they look like the "Aunt Ruby's German Green" from this page, linked from the page on heirloom tomatoes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aunt_Ruby%27s_German_Green

Yay! fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Dec 26, 2018

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Yeah, heirlooms.

Yay!
Dec 21, 2018
Great, thanks! I'll try growing some myself, but my uncle is a bit notorious for stocking up and growing his own food - maybe I'll just ask him for more.
It seems like a waste to use 3 or so slices on burgs, so I will probably eat the remainder with the holy sardines.

Then I'll have to make more burgs, as I have loads of ground beef and cheese left over. Ah, the trials of life... :)

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Yay! posted:

Great, thanks! I'll try growing some myself, but my uncle is a bit notorious for stocking up and growing his own food - maybe I'll just ask him for more.
It seems like a waste to use 3 or so slices on burgs, so I will probably eat the remainder with the holy sardines.

Then I'll have to make more burgs, as I have loads of ground beef and cheese left over. Ah, the trials of life... :)

That's the way tomatoes used to be (hence the term) before modern day stuff "improved" with breeding and everything else.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

There is beauty in nice and simple.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
Toast your buns you filthy heathen.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Coasterphreak posted:

Toast your buns you filthy heathen.

I'd toss you out of the boardroom for making that comment. Let the poster post his burgs.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

If you don't fill your burger with every condiment and filling know to man, you can get away without toasting you bun.

Keep it simple for goodness sake.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I always try for a perfect grid of char on my top buns at least, so I can pop it next to the burger as a display. It never fails to get comment, as if it's some sign of occult burgermancy. "Wow, a perfect grid!" Someone inevitably says. Oh yeah, that's the stuff.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Brawnfire posted:

I always try for a perfect grid of char on my top buns at least, so I can pop it next to the burger as a display. It never fails to get comment, as if it's some sign of occult burgermancy. "Wow, a perfect grid!" Someone inevitably says. Oh yeah, that's the stuff.

I always go for the Pentagram myself.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I have a toaster that does bagel (one side) toasting. I sometimes put my buns in it for the lazy mans toast.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

tangy yet delightful posted:

I have a toaster that does bagel (one side) toasting. I sometimes put my buns in it for the lazy mans toast.

I just assumed everyone does this.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Holy poo poo that's what that button does

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Hi, Burg Thread!

I just got back from a post-Christmas trip to Colorado with my family, and I just want to say that if you’re ever in southern Colorado or northern New Mexico, Riff Raff Brewing Company in Pagosa Springs CO makes some of the best burgers I’ve ever eaten at the ~$11 price point. Even the well done burgers my parents got were delicious. Super flavorful and the meat had great texture. I got one of the yak burgers and it was fantastic.

They also brine a bunch of their toppings in beer, including the pickles. poo poo’s good.

Gallatin
Sep 20, 2004

Don Dongington posted:

Holy poo poo that's what that button does

No poo poo, they should have called it '1 side' or something and I might have tried it. I feel stupid.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003
Made this little double smash burger for lunch today. Topped with bacon jam and a peppercorn mayo sauce on 3 ounce patties with good ole american cheese.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Peppercorn mayo

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

beerinator posted:

Made this little double smash burger for lunch today. Topped with bacon jam and a peppercorn mayo sauce on 3 ounce patties with good ole american cheese.

Want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009