Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«9 »
Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!

bet that dog wouldn't complain about the french fries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Modus Man posted:

If I want fries itís either Five Guys for their cajun fries or Penn Station East Coast Subs for the best fries... ever.

Penn Station fries: Cut potatoes with 3/8" dicer. Blanch in oil @ 300 degrees F for 5-6 minutes. Cool. Fry again at 350 degrees F for 2-3 minutes. Salt liberally. Serve immediately.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

This post is good to go

You go to Culverís you get a drat shake

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Waffle and Crinkle cut are good and Penn Station has good fast food fries. Basically what you do is to low boil them for a bit, then put in fridge, then low fry them for first pass, then let rest then high temp fry them for final pass. The point of boiling them a bit is to create texture on the surface for crisp. Do it right and theyíre delicate and kind of fall aparty. Hence why Crinkle cut and Waffle are usually so good, more crisp surface texture.

If you google Penn Station fries and take a close look at some of the images you will notice their surface is just a bit more textured than the more straight level Five Guys fries in most pics. Gives that edge.

Gatts fucked around with this message at Apr 19, 2018 around 03:08

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

#GOAT

When did the burg thread become the fry thread

smdh

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009

Hair Elf

Can't have one without the other, good Burg demands good fries

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Sweet potato fries or go home

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

ME BOSS
YOU NOT

butros posted:

Sweet potato fries or go home

I have never had a sweet potato fry that wasn't soggy garbage

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Dacap posted:

I have never had a sweet potato fry that wasn't soggy garbage

Stop giving purveyors of lovely sweet potato fries your custom then.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Iíd take a malt shake over fries usually. Most places have poo poo fries *limp emoji that I canít find*

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

sorry

I love salty, crinkle-cut fries and a malted milkshake. Oh dang.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

I'll almost always choose onion rings over fries when I'm having a good burg. Any other onion ring aficionados? My favorite kind is beer-battered. No panko or tempura bullshit rings for me, and if they're too thick, too greasy, or the breading just slides off, that is not okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

sorry

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I'll almost always choose onion rings over fries when I'm having a good burg. Any other onion ring aficionados? My favorite kind is beer-battered. No panko or tempura bullshit rings for me, and if they're too thick, too greasy, or the breading just slides off, that is not okay.

This one place near me does some amazing Guinness beer battered onion rings

«9 »