Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Bahn Mi burger
Beef / Hot Italian sausage patty
Aioli on top and bottom
Cilantro
Cucumber
Quickled carrots
Brioche bun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Doom Rooster posted:

How fortuitous. Work sent me to LA for the week. I’m sitting on the line of Petit Trois on that list right now. Will post pics of the Big Mec shortly. Been on my list for a while.

Been a good week for burgs goons.

Edit: preview

https://imgur.com/a/eMNI1xi

Petit Trois is fantastic. We loved that place. The French onion soup is ridiculous, as is the burg.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

butros posted:

Bahn Mi burger
Beef / Hot Italian sausage patty
Aioli on top and bottom
Cilantro
Cucumber
Quickled carrots
Brioche bun

Needs pate and that jizz looking Vietnamese mayo instead of aioli. And like lemongrass beef patty.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Finally went to Eat St Markets so had to burg

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
Made some smash burgs today with scotch bonnet burger sauce and habanero cheddar. Added a Carolina Reaper fry sauce for fun

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Made some smash burgs today with scotch bonnet burger sauce and habanero cheddar. Added a Carolina Reaper fry sauce for fun

The "BITCH!" burger

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
"how did it taste?"

"NO IDEA!"

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Crunchy Melty burger (Angus beef patty, onion rings,
mozzarella sticks, bacon) with Buffalo suicide sauce from Lord of the Wings

ReaperUnreal
Feb 21, 2007
Trogdor is King
Went to a new brewery/restaurant in Toronto called Avling. Their burger is SOLID.

And they cook it properly.

It's got that slight crunch from a proper sear and the ingredients are just right to let the meat shine but be supported.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Been burging lately. I don’t think I’m smashing them hard enough. Help

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bogart posted:

Been burging lately. I don’t think I’m smashing them hard enough. Help

1. Get the right spatula, or a combination of spatulas that let you smash with one while pressing down on top of it with the other (kind of like an inverted T). The holy grail of smashburg spatulas is linked somewhere in this thread.
2. 80/20 or fattier beef. Can't go lean with smashburgs.
3. Let the meat come to room temp if possible. it will smash easier/thinner.
4. I do 3oz patties, some do 2 or even 1 1/2. Def no bigger than 3 though.
5. Don't pre-salt the patties.

All that said, what's the issue with your burgs?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Too big, judging by what you said! I’ve been going with 5 / 6 oz. Familiar with and doing the T spatula method. Was going off a bon appetit video.

I have managed a pretty good recipe for air fryer French fries tho! (The secret is to use that fancy Trader Joe’s bagel seasoning.) So not a total loss.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jul 23, 2019

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bogart posted:

Too big, judging by what you said! I’ve been going with 5 / 6 oz. Familiar with and doing the T spatula method. Was going off a bon appetit video.

I have managed a pretty good recipe for air fryer French fries tho! (The secret is to use that fancy Trader Joe’s bagel searching.) So not a total loss.

With the smaller patties you would typically serve two patties stacked with a slice of cheese in between as a standard burg, which is a reasonable 6 ounce portion size. You could always had more patties from there if you want to go big, but I find the 6oz burg to be the right amount for me.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Bogart posted:

I have managed a pretty good recipe for air fryer French fries tho! (The secret is to use that fancy Trader Joe’s bagel seasoning.) So not a total loss.

Yeah drop down to 3oz, the spatula that's thread rec'd will smash a 3oz to the diameter of the spatula's sides and it's probably a 1/4" thick at that point, maybe 1/3". Also make sure your smash surface is flat and big and hot as hell. Everything should be pre-prepped if you have time to prep more than like 30 seconds between burger actions then your patties are too thick or the surface is too cold.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Bogart posted:

I love my air fryer chips, it's been a revelation.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Phone posting so who knows how this will end up

Foreground patty with fried pickles, avocado ranch, lettuce tomato. Side is Sirachi potato salad. The wife’s choice

Background is patty seared in duck fat, confit mushrooms, Manchego cheese and some dijon.
And my gut in a white T-shirt.

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
Did the shirt survive?

:ohdear:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Ha yeah, it definitely wouldn't have with the other one. That thing is a disaster to eat.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i think last time I smashed a burger i just put my basic lovely plastic spatula to the meat and pressed it all down with a bottle of beer

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Autistic Edgy Guy posted:

i think last time I smashed a burger i just put my basic lovely plastic spatula to the meat and pressed it all down with a bottle of beer

Valid and beautiful.

JoshGuitar
Oct 25, 2005
I never got around to buying a good burg spatula, so every time I smash a burg I use a specific stainless mixing bowl. It has tapered sides and a flat bottom that's just the right size to smash a burg in the center of my cast iron skillet. I guess with a proper spatula I might be able to squeeze more than one patty into my pan, but meh, it works for now.

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat
I just use a flat potato masher with fairly small holes. Works fine.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
BBQs Galore here in Aus sells a smasher that looks like it's basically a 5" cast iron disc with a handle.

https://www.barbequesgalore.com.au/bar-b-chef-meat-press

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Big rear end soup cans work really well in a pinch.

Actually they probably work better than anything else I've ever used.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Saturday is pub burger day

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Guys....guys....what is this? It's at Norma's Bar in New South Wales.

It's maple bacon donut, double cheeseburger, with twix spread. Is someone brave enough in that area to try this?

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

It's near me and no, I won't try it. loving stupid

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

That looks actually disgusting and that's coming from a very fat person.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Their normal burgers look very good

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Amazing, a burger looking better coming out than going in.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Big Willy Style posted:

It's near me and no, I won't try it. loving stupid

Do it...for me. Please. How much does it cost? I'll send you money to buy it. Just record the experience and share it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
poo poo I'd try it, not even gonna front.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Leal posted:

poo poo I'd try it, not even gonna front.

Same, I've had Luthers and burgers with nutella on them so sure why not. Wrong side of the continent for me though.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Gatts posted:

Do it...for me. Please. How much does it cost? I'll send you money to buy it. Just record the experience and share it.

I can't find a price but I'm guessing at least 16aud bases on other menu items.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Looks like one of those gimmick burgers that exist not to be ordered and eaten, but as a marketing move to get people in the door out of sheer morbid curiosity.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Gatts posted:

Guys....guys....what is this? It's at Norma's Bar in New South Wales.

It's maple bacon donut, double cheeseburger, with twix spread. Is someone brave enough in that area to try this?

It's not often I say this, because I'll eat almost anything once, but

No.

Not even a remote chance in hell, flat out no.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Nope!

Innovate burger people, but do that innovation by putting more beef, bacon, and cheese in my mouth.

Please, and thank you.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
I’ve never turned my nose up at a burger but this is some Iowa state fair fried stick of butter nonsense.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I'd try to eat that. gently caress it, you only get one go around the rock, if I'm not allergic to something and it's designed to be eaten, I may as well try eating it.

I'm not excited by the idea of eating it, but I'd still try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Big Willy Style posted:

I can't find a price but I'm guessing at least 16aud bases on other menu items.

Are you willing to eat the abomination? How can I send cash $20 dolla or whatever to you? Can you take pics of the experience and post?

EDIT: This is one of the stranger things I've done. Try to bribe a stranger on the internet to eat something disgusting and share the experience with everyone. I feel like a creepy billionaire asking an indecent proposal or something.