Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Welp guess I’ll be buying hamburger on my next grocery trip for smashin burgs :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

:barf:

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Control Volume posted:

well this is it, this is the best burger Ive ever made in my life

But it’s not smashed :confused:

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Has anyone tried a tortilla press to make really thin patties? 🤔

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

My buddy keeps telling me about Culvers :swoon:

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

I’d take a malt shake over fries usually. Most places have poo poo fries *limp emoji that I can’t find*

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Every time I ask for med-rare, I get a mushy ball of hamburger, and it's gross.

All I want is a nice crust on the outside, but pink on the inside. :sigh:

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

I stole my smash burg technique from a local 1950's style diner.

They drop the ball of meat on the grill, let it sit for maybe 30 seconds, then smash the poo poo out of it and season (also seems to help with the release). Wait a minute, scrape/flip, then add cheese if desired. They have a sweet butter roller for toasting the bread too.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Can I shake MSG on patties, or are burgers already savory saturated that it won’t change the overall taste?

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

beerinator posted:

The West Coast Griddle Burger from Ballast Point brewpub in Chicago.

whoa mama :eyepop:

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Bob Morales posted:

Pile of burgs submitted for approval

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

The only good single-fry method I've found is to start them in cold oil and bring up to a fry for a few minutes. The only downside is if you don't make enough :saddowns:

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Leal posted:

A mushroom burger.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

toast the buns :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

You mean raw jalapeño? :yikes: