Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
what the heck kind of bun can remain solid when used to contain a burger that is 50% liquid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
huh. i thought it was just a low heat burger press. that's weird and now i'm curious.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
one of the advantages of smash burgers is that you can use crappy grocery store ground beef.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i want to say that all burgers are beautiful, but that really isn't.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
at some degree of bun liquefication it stops being a burger and becomes some sort of avant garde soup.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
some of these burgers are fit to kill a man. and you know what, there are worse ways to go.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
mixing extra poo poo into burgers should be done sparingly or with a specific recipe. just tossing stuff in is likely to result in a patty that falls apart. it's also not very useful for smashburgs.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
is there a reason why you can't just use a fatty cut of beef to begin with? it really seems like you are trying to artificially recreate cheap rear end 70/30 ground beef and i'm not sure why.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even if there isn't that's still a lot of delicious stuff on a bun.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i slice a fresh jalapeno and then sear them dark for a crispy, mildly spicy burger topping.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'll have to try that

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ground rice is used in larb too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
easiest method is smashburgers. make ~1/4 lb balls of ground beef, then smush them flat into a hot skillet with some sort of flat metal object. i use the bottom of a saucepan. season the top, flip after a minute or two, put cheese on it, and it'll be done about when the cheese is well melted.

there are more complicated burger recipes, but they aren't necessarily better and smashburgers are all but foolproof.