Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Found a local butcher that sells ground beef that costs the same as the kroger crap but with the benefit of having significantly better quality. I forgot to toast the bun and didn't have half the toppings but it was still one of the best burgers Ive made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

well this is it, this is the best burger Ive ever made in my life

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I wont sully my burger with cheese

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Parchment paper works just as well with the advantage of not being specialized to do exactly one thing

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Also I highly recommend mixing ghost pepper sauce with honey mustard

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The only burger places I hate more than five guys are burger king and mcdonalds.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Magnus Praeda posted:

My Five Guys is kinda hit or miss. Sometimes it looks great and hits the spot and sometimes the fries are cold and soggy and the burger looks and tastes bland. I haven't even been able to figure out a pattern (like if one particular idiot is working the line or something).

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

They probably do double fry but if you mistime the first fry then let them sit in a strainer for hours theyre probably going to loving suck no matter what you do!

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Also its entirely possible to do a single fry but you have to cook them well done and you also need a method of immediately wicking off the grease

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

You can make good single-fried potatoes, but they're not going to be the same type of fries as double-fried, the texture changes during the starch retrogradation period and there's no way to fake that. The actual chemical and physical structure of the potato change.

Yeah theyre more like the halfway point between fries and chips, really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

anyone have tips for turkey smashburgers? I cut out all non-poultry meat recently, and am struggling to get that super hard crust with the lower fat content. maybe try adding some ghee to the pan?

You just need to get the pan incredibly loving hot. You can sear anything