Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
I went to a taqueria for lunch today. I live a life of regrets and missed opportunities. I could have 🍔, but I hosed up.

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
No pictures because I am a shameful person, but today I made an elk burger with gruyere and griddled onions. Those Eclipses are great if you need out-of-season tomatoes.

Tomorrow I will elk burger again. That was really amazing, especially since I cooked the onions in the rendered fat from the elk meat.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

Y’all need to get to a doctor if your nut looks like that

I'd eat the spunkburger, though.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

Both the fries and the burger are several steps above the Five Guys here. I'm with Control Volume. Maybe if the food served at mine looked like that, I'd eat there more often than never.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

You can make good single-fried potatoes, but they're not going to be the same type of fries as double-fried, the texture changes during the starch retrogradation period and there's no way to fake that. The actual chemical and physical structure of the potato change.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

It would be nice if Five Guys didn't wrap their burgers so tightly in foil when you dine in. The meat's good, the buns are decent, and the ingredients are nothing to complain about. But the burg ends up crushed, steamed and gross by the time you get to eat it.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

Big Willy Style posted:

I think aoili's vowel to consonant ratio is way off for burgers

aioli is 4:1
burger is 2:4

much like an aioli does to ketchup and mustard, it balances out the overall experience

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

bartlebee posted:

I really enjoy Durkee and wanna know who else has experienced it!

I've had Durkee. It's pretty good on a sandwich. Very unique.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

Gwaihir posted:

A black bean burger that is what it is on it's own topped with like, some good fiery hot sauce and sour cream is real delicious tbh. It's different and it's own thing but that's fine and good.

Cuban black bean burgs own hard. Use a little orange in them along with the allium and optionally saute some bell peppers to go on top.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

Autistic Edgy Guy posted:

i think last time I smashed a burger i just put my basic lovely plastic spatula to the meat and pressed it all down with a bottle of beer

Valid and beautiful.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Chick-Fil-A "Home of the original chicken burger" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Alternatively, pizza is a sandwich.

I'm firmly in Ginger Beer Belly's camp on this one.
Have a patty sandwich:

Pizza is an open-faced ravioli

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

Bogart posted:

Messed up to buy a burger at a place named after wings.

Toxic Wings has some of the best burgers in town where I live. 🤷‍♀️