Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Liquid Drink posted:

They do? I never knew that

i understand that they wanted to have a boss battle that will always feel challenging no matter your loadout but it also just makes those fights the same every time which gets boring kinda. Ultra Greed is cool though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
hush isnt interesting enough for how long it is, its not much different than the cathedral isaac fight really. i like ultra greed more anyway i used to get top 20 or so in the ps4 daily near enough every day in this, i dont really ever wanna play it again though not least because i dont like nicalis at all

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Wow Delirium is cool . I had really lovely damage output though and it felt like it took 10 minutes to take off a quarter of his health bar before I died so I don't really even mind not surviving that one lol. I like how all the bosses have their own skin for the fight

edit: I feel weird going through all these fights before even unlocking the polaroid and negative though . What's the trigger for the bullshit hard Afterbirth+ stuff to start? I have no idea what a Stone Fatty is

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

goferchan posted:

Wow Delirium is cool . I had really lovely damage output though and it felt like it took 10 minutes to take off a quarter of his health bar before I died so I don't really even mind not surviving that one lol. I like how all the bosses have their own skin for the fight

edit: I feel weird going through all these fights before even unlocking the polaroid and negative though . What's the trigger for the bullshit hard Afterbirth+ stuff to start? I have no idea what a Stone Fatty is

It seems a lot different on switch so far. Which is good

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

Wow Delirium is cool . I had really lovely damage output though and it felt like it took 10 minutes to take off a quarter of his health bar before I died
This is like when Bob tricked me into buying Gungeon.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Never trust bob. That’s imp rule number 1 lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

All the hp scaling bosses are bad. I like popping into Hush just to see what items spawn down there tho

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

BTW don't even bother using the Lost until you unlock his starting item, which i forget how to do. Once you have it though he's easily my favorite character to use. Super hard with equally rewarding items (free devil deals). Judas is a close 2nd

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Liquid Drink posted:

Never trust bob. That’s imp rule number 1 lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

BTW don't even bother using the Lost until you unlock his starting item, which i forget how to do. Once you have it though he's easily my favorite character to use. Super hard with equally rewarding items (free devil deals). Judas is a close 2nd

U have to get the greed machine to like 800 i think so je starts with the mantle

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

If memory serves me right (havent played isaac since i 100%d afterbirth) you unlock the holy mantle by putting something like 900 coins in the greed machine.
Makes having 100%d rebirth long before afterbirth came out a real slap in the face but w/e

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Dumping money into the greed machine so u get the switchblade on eve alsp makes her a lpt better

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ArfJason posted:

If memory serves me right (havent played isaac since i 100%d afterbirth) you unlock the holy mantle by putting something like 900 coins in the greed machine.
Makes having 100%d rebirth long before afterbirth came out a real slap in the face but w/e

Its your own fault

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
But yeah, once you get the surprisingly lenient holy mantle (one free hit per room) the lost is super exciting full of do or die moments. Just dont reroll it with the d4.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

Its your own fault

I am aware

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

The invincible stone fat babies that follow u around

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't I've even unlocked the lost yet because I wasn't going to bother until I got 800 coins and then I never reached 800 coins

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Your coin count shoulda carried over to Afterbirth I thought? Anyway I loved greed mode so much I actually liked having a huge lofty goal to reach just so I could keep playing it. I'm twisted

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Your coin count shoulda carried over to Afterbirth I thought? Anyway I loved greed mode so much I actually liked having a huge lofty goal to reach just so I could keep playing it. I'm twisted

I think he meant rerolling for the mantle on floor 1 or some poo poo in rebirth before greed mode came out

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

The invincible stone fat babies that follow u around

Yeah they're not showing up in my game yet yet. Is there another alternate floor now after Burning Basement? I think the Switch version has different progression where a lot of AB+ stuff unlocks gradually instead of being available outright. Like I remember hearing about portals that infinitely spawn enemies and I've never seen that either. Delirium down with Isaac btw :cool: this game rules , time to go get Mega Satan

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Also I have mixed feelings about the D6.... it's fun and powerful but trying to use it optimally can be really tedious and anxiety inducing

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

Yeah they're not showing up in my game yet yet. Is there another alternate floor now after Burning Basement? I think the Switch version has different progression where a lot of AB+ stuff unlocks gradually instead of being available outright. Like I remember hearing about portals that infinitely spawn enemies and I've never seen that either. Delirium down with Isaac btw :cool: this game rules , time to go get Mega Satan

maybe when you unlock everything is horrible or whatever its called idk

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I think its time to finally buy Afterbirth + and reward McMillen for a job badly done, now that Ive heard of the booster packs

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

His new game looks sick, like Binding of Isaac + Puzzle Quest

The cardboard cutout art style is neat

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I would appreciate it if someone could find me the video of Edmund McMillan talking poo poo about the people reviewing his game poorly.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
The time during a feature film where with tremendous amount of decorum and tact edmund mcmillen compared working on the meat boy funny videogame references game to being trapped inside a concentration camp

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

goferchan posted:

Also I have mixed feelings about the D6.... it's fun and powerful but trying to use it optimally can be really tedious and anxiety inducing

its best to get rid of it as soon as you find a decent active item .. you usually get some use out of it before then, and if you pass over stuff like the pinking shears cos youre holding out for polyphemus or something then you will end up still holding it when you finish the game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ArfJason posted:

The time during a feature film where with tremendous amount of decorum and tact edmund mcmillen compared working on the meat boy funny videogame references game to being trapped inside a concentration camp

lmao i need to see this

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i️ don’t play isaac anymore but when i️ did i️ almost exclusively played judas. the starting damage + the challenge (at least til you get good at dodging) of only having 1 heart made the game a lot more fun

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
da gently caress.. my phone keeps turning the letter that sounds like eye into this weird rear end i️ nonsense. maybe it’s only crapped up on mobile but it’s annoying

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

rediscover posted:

i️ don’t play isaac anymore but when i️ did i️ almost exclusively played judas. the starting damage + the challenge (at least til you get good at dodging) of only having 1 heart made the game a lot more fun

Fitting

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
judas is my favourite character cos he makes the first 2 floors go quick. i like the lost with the mantle too cos you can actually lose

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

[quote="“Liquid Drink”" post="“478536709”"]
Fitting
[/quote]

Care to elaborate?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

its best to get rid of it as soon as you find a decent active item .. you usually get some use out of it before then, and if you pass over stuff like the pinking shears cos youre holding out for polyphemus or something then you will end up still holding it when you finish the game

:hai: I'll keep this in mind thank you. I did literally turn a pinking shears into a quad shot last night though so I will always be haunted by the high roll

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
SOmething to keep in mind about the stone fatties is they dont do damage, they just push you around

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

goferchan posted:

:hai: I'll keep this in mind thank you. I did literally turn a pinking shears into a quad shot last night though so I will always be haunted by the high roll

id rather have the shears :P quad is nice if you already have something good to go with it like techx or the knife but shears just murks bosses and you can use it like 2 or 4 times in a room with just a couple of common shop items or a 48 hr energy pill and its like haveing 4 fully upgraded meat boys for a room. anyway i suppose the point is the best items arent always the ones that feel good to have

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I just realized that the D20 can (a) reroll stuff into chests and (b) reroll empty chests you've opened into fresh items. Just broke Greed Mode wide open with a D20 and neverending Dice Shards and Jerald (which is the only rune I have unlocked right now and it's honestly starting to feel like cheating)

• Locked thread