Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Main goal is to round out the accessories on my Savage BA Stealth. I'll probably finalize my shoe choice after SHOT, though the frontrunners are the Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 5-25, Bushnell DMR2 3.5-21 in H59, and Athlon Ares. I'll probably pick up the Luth-AR MBA-3 and Atlas bipod sometime after I get home. Might start reloading since 6.5 Creedmoor.

kirtar fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Dec 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

I'm tapped out from stocking up on ammo before The Doom That Came to California, but my main goal for the year is to deplete a lot of that ammo.

-Practice at least once a month.
-Attend at least one carbine and one tactical shotgun course.
-Shoot a CMP or NRA high power match.
-Start selling off guns I don't shoot much.

Outstanding wishlist items:
-Kimber K6
-USP Compact 9mm
-Kidd barreled action
-Ruger Gunsite Scout 18.5"
-Ruger PC and a Pelican case for it + Glock 19

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

1: Finish building up the guns I currently own before buying another. I've been running stock sights on my Glock 19 for almost 2 years but I finally have some Ameriglo CAPs on order and I have a handful of things I want to get for my AR.

2: Get my CCW. I have the cash set aside, just need to find a class on a weekend I'm not busy.

3: Take a hunter safety course so I can get my license. Which leads to...

4: Put together a hunting rifle. Probably going to get a Ruger Predator left hand in 6.5 CM (not that I have much choice but that's what I wanted anyways) and a Boyd's stock for it.

And of course get out and shoot more.

poeticoddity
Jan 14, 2007
"How nice - to feel nothing and still get full credit for being alive." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr. - Slaughterhouse Five

1 )Organize and properly inventory my ammunition, magazines, targets, etc.
2) Purchase fewer guns than I did last year.
3) (Related: Get a PCC)
4) Get a sportsman's license for this state and find somewhere to fish as well as somewhere local-ish to hunt.
5) Finally get around to putting together the hardware to mount my steel.
6) Clean my guns more regularly.
7) Take some coworkers to the range.
8) Shoot in at least one competition at my gun club.

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

I failed most of my goals. This year:

Stop buying guns. In reality, if I can keep the buy/sell count under 10 I'll be happy, 5 I'll be super amped.

Get into some gun games. Failed that last year.

I think that's mostly it. The major purchases I'm planning if I do buy something will be a PCC and ideally a 617.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007

Hair Elf

2018 is the year of the PCC it seems

That Works
Jul 21, 2006

SpartanIV posted:

I got my .357 lever action in and it arrives at my gunshop tomorrow.

We're getting hit with a massive blizzard tomorrow and everything is shut down

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Life Before Death
Strength Before Weakness
Journey Before Destination

Didn't participate last year, because, well, california.
But now I've moved to the USA, so time to gun up.

So lets get some goals for the year:
* CCW 2018/05/26 In hand!
* 1x M&P Shield or similar for CCW Shield purchased 2018/01/27

* 1x Buckmark purchased 2018/2/16
* 1x M&P or similar for pistol competitions M&P 5" purchased 2018/6/24
* 1x PCC? Conversion kit for one of my AR lowers, perhaps 2018/05/07 full build started 2018/05/07

* 1x Rimfire can (Sparrow?) Dead Air Mask 22 purchased and submitted 2018/01/17, delivered 2018/8/28
* 1x Can for pistols (Osprey? Probably not, $$$) Rugged Obsidian 45 purchased and submitted 2018/4/5
* 1x Can for ARs (Saker? Probably not, $$$) Dead Air Sandman-S purchased and submitted 2018/08/28

* 3x Pistol matches (USPSA/etc) 2018-04-15, 2018-09-02, 2018-10-13
* SBR one of my AR lowers Form 1 submitted 2018-04-2
* Get out to a range monthly or better Local indoor range membership purchased 2018-02-28, plenty of range trips now

Not on original list:
* Threaded M&P
* AR-10 long-range build

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Oct 14, 2018

ShitheadDeluxe
May 14, 2007

SpartanIV posted:

My gun goal, not posted as I was probated at the time, was to build an AR pistol in 9mm to go with my rifle. That's done already so I dunno what the gently caress I'm gonna do this year gun wise.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

1. Get night/high vis sights for my PPS.
2. Possibly sell my P99 for a PPQ.
3. Go to the range on average once a month.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

I'd like to round out all the guns that I've wanted for years this year, specifically:

- P08 Luger, shooter quality
- M1 Carbine, again, shooter but I've got a couple other particulars on this one
- Colt SAA Bisley, 7.5" in 32-20 Winchester, this is my current white whale, probably a stretch goal as I'm kind of particular on looks and mechanics. Plus they're about $2k.
- One of those CMP 1911s would be nice if I have the money when they come available, but it wouldn't break my heart to miss out on them given the pricing.

Other goals:
- Gonna send an S&W off to be customized, that'll be $$$$.
- Finish my 1911 project, I'm close to be done with all the parts fitting, next up is fitting aesthetic stuff like beavertail and frame checkering. Gonna farm out some slide stuff to a smith with a mill.
- Get my loving SBR Uzi back from getting refinished, come April it'll be 2 years that I'll have been waiting, and at that point I'll just go get the thing back and send it off to someone else. Thanks a bunch, "best Uzi-smith in the US" who happened to be local. I was quoted 6 months. It has been out of my possesion so long that I honestly forget that I have it most of the time. It takes me stubbing my toe on the box of Uzi mags I have to remind me that I actually own the thing.
- Another stretch goal: send my BHP off to Garthwaite and have it customized to match the 1911 I'm working on right now. I've always wanted a matching 1911 and BHP.

What will probably happen:
- Buy tons more revolvers I don't need. Because it's an addiction only rivaled by heroin.

That Works
Jul 21, 2006

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

- Another stretch goal: send my BHP off to Garthwaite and have it customized to match the 1911 I'm working on right now. I've always wanted a matching 1911 and BHP.

That would be really cool. I've been debating getting an old surplus BHP and messing with it kinda like my 1911.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

I'm not big on 1911s and only a bit more interested in the Hi Power but a matching set would be way cool.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

Butch Cassidy posted:

I'm not big on 1911s

I winced IRL.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

More for you, though!

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Butch Cassidy posted:

So, 2018:

- Winter sports, emphasis on alpine, every day of my week and a half furlough.

Done. Going back to work is going to suck rear end.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Get a hunting license and go hunt

get a salt bath annealing setup for BLK and 8mm cases - group bought some salts

Do a KD Appleseed event or Shoot Distinguished Rifleman (230+/250 and a perfect Redcoat target) at regular Appleseed

FVSR optic train upgrade - done!
Shooting at least 2 Practical Rimfire Challenge events at Peacemaker

Shoot IDPA at least 3 times, and do another classifier to gauge improvement

Form 1 a .22 can

2018/2019 Winter project:
Buy an "untouched" condition Nepalese P1864 Snider-Enfield to restore it to firing condition

15 days in, one down, one in progress

should be able to dial this bitch to 300 yards, then hold for 350

MazeOfTzeentch fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jan 16, 2018

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

DeesGrandpa posted:

I failed most of my goals. This year:

Stop buying guns. In reality, if I can keep the buy/sell count under 10 I'll be happy, 5 I'll be super amped.

Get into some gun games. Failed that last year.

I think that's mostly it. The major purchases I'm planning if I do buy something will be a PCC and ideally a 617.

Already bought a gun

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Yeah, but it was an awesome gun.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

No goals for last year, but for this year:

* Shoot at least 50 competitions (counting each class).
* Finalize a good 7.5x55 Swiss load for my K31.
* Get a .22lr rifle
* Get a larger gun safe
* Make a proper reloading area instead of a tiny bench in the kitchen.

californiasushi
Jun 6, 2004

californiasushi posted:

2017: knocked down a couple things i've wanted to do for a long time like an ar10 battle rifle and a 300 blk pdw. i also didn't know i wanted a m1 carbine but thanks to fang letting me shoot his i had to get one so i did

2018:

1) get a 1-8x for the ar10. the only option that appealed to me was the leupold mk8 but it's way too expensive so i just put a placeholder bushnell 3-12x on it. the new nf 1-8x looks good, i'm hoping vortex and some other companies announce some good stuff at shot. i'm probably gonna keep the 3-12x/offset buis on there. the load i'm shooting handles the transonic well and is reasonably accurate subsonic so i can still benefit from the extra magnification at longer distances. it's also nicer for smaller targets closer. basically, i think an 8x scope might be too limiting for the capabilities of the gun

2) get an optic for my 300 blk pdw. not sure what direction i want to go just yet. not entirely sold on a red dot since the poi shift between subs and supers is so great mentioned earlier in the thread that i got a pa advanced micro for this and it's fine

3) finish building a lightweight 10.3" ar15. for an optic i'd love to put an updated leupold dpp on it (hopefully a new gen comes out at shot show). when that window gets lower and the battery life/durability get better i'll probably put one on a handgun.

Medlar
Mar 14, 2013

Bashar al-Asuh Dude

Collateral Damage posted:

No goals for last year, but for this year:

* Finalize a good 7.5x55 Swiss load for my K31.

Isn't the entire point of GP11 the fact that it's the very best loading for the K31, or do I need to go DEEPER. Haven't got hardcore into searches but whenever buying some 7.5 swiss all the commercial-grade stuff proudly exalts that it's the same exact specs as GP11.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Medlar posted:

Isn't the entire point of GP11 the fact that it's the very best loading for the K31, or do I need to go DEEPER. Haven't got hardcore into searches but whenever buying some 7.5 swiss all the commercial-grade stuff proudly exalts that it's the same exact specs as GP11.
It is, but despite being relatively close to Switzerland GP11 isn't all that common here so it's more an availability issue than performance.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Herr Tog posted:

Never posted in these threads

-CZ 455 fs

-C&R gun of some sort

-slings for all

-a great .22lr pistol debate

-don't run out of ammo

-mags for all

progress

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"

2018 Goals

- Send off a box of like 3 or 4 various Beretta 92 and 96 slides to Trijicon to get relamped (yes, they'll still do it, provided that the existing vials at least have some glow left so they can tell they're not busted)

- Shoot this CZ P01 more and decide if I want to slick it up any and maybe get a holster for it

- His and hers O/U's for the wife and me to go shoot sporting clays with

MrBusiness
Jan 19, 2016

MrBusiness posted:

-Good ear and eye protection
-A real gun safe (Black Friday here I come)
Unfortunately I have to save for a new car now, so who knows when I'll get to the rest of my list?

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Get a hunting license and go hunt

get a salt bath annealing setup for BLK and 8mm cases - have salts, need equipment

Do a KD Appleseed event or Shoot Distinguished Rifleman (230+/250 and a perfect Redcoat target) at regular Appleseed - Probably doing a KD in Idaho when I'm out west this summer.

FVSR optic train upgrade - done!
Shooting at least 2 Practical Rimfire Challenge events at Peacemaker - one down, one to go

Shoot IDPA at least 3 times, and do another classifier to gauge improvement

Form 1 a .22 can - probably soon, with tax return here

2018/2019 Winter project:
Buy an "untouched" condition Nepalese P1864 Snider-Enfield to restore it to firing condition

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Money down on carbine class. Ammo slated for purchase come pay day.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

1. Get a 1911 .22 conversion On order from Nelson Custom
2. Shoot 1911 enough to get accurate out to 25 yards again
3. Stretch goal: Get a SV Infinity of some kind

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

OWLS! posted:

So, for this upcoming year.

- Buy that drat bullpup. - done

- Keep up on the gymgoing and not being a fatass. -in progress

- Get a flintlock. - not yet

- Expand my expensive and stupid hobbies by getting a motorcycle endorsement. - not yet

- Actually go shoot 3gun with some hilarious loadout. -just waiting for the season to start

- Take a handgun or carbine class. -money down, ammo purchased

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

MrBusiness posted:

Unfortunately I have to save for a new car now, so who knows when I'll get to the rest of my list?

I may have you beat

At least my one major gun goal (buy a house with a basement range) was managed. I think this other development will cause some further derailment of the gun buying thing.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

I may have you beat

At least my one major gun goal (buy a house with a basement range) was managed. I think this other development will cause some further derailment of the gun buying thing.

Oh man, you win!

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

I may have you beat

Holy crap, congratulations!

That Works
Jul 21, 2006

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

I may have you beat

Congratulations!

Flatland Crusoe
Jan 12, 2011

Great White Hunter
Master Race

Let me explain why I'm better than you

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

I may have you beat

Does it come with King target sights or is that modification done after birth?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Hey Sixgun, I found a reaction video for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3jc_3p0YZY

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007

Hair Elf

I guess we know one sixgun that doesn't shoot blanks

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

Flatland Crusoe posted:

Does it come with King target sights or is that modification done after birth?

I wouldn't be surprised if he's kicked that around as a possible middle name.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007

Hair Elf

Make sure to letter her once she's in your hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Congrats, Sixgun!