Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Sell my G19 Gen 3. Great pistol but it doesn't fit me for carry. Friend will probably buy this in a few weeks for his first pistol and he loves it. So that's cool.

Buy a Scorpion S1 Carbine in FDE. Soon.

Go shooting more than once a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pursesnatcher
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

Closing on a house next week so not going to do any of the rest of these yet but that also means that I will definitely be reloading in 2019 now that I have a dedicated permanent workspace

Don't get your hopes up; we moved in to a new house this spring () and we're still just getting settled.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

We did the same in August and it still feels like I am surrounded by cardboard boxes waiting to be unpacked and furniture waiting to be placed somewhere I dont stub my toe on it getting up in the night for a drink of water. And then of course there is the matter of selling our old house which is still tied up in the market and has us juggling two mortgages.....

Yeah, moving sucks and when budgeting around a move definitely be super cautious about how much cash youll have available.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

CoffeeBooze posted:

We did the same in August and it still feels like I am surrounded by cardboard boxes waiting to be unpacked and furniture waiting to be placed somewhere I dont stub my toe on it getting up in the night for a drink of water. And then of course there is the matter of selling our old house which is still tied up in the market and has us juggling two mortgages.....

Yeah, moving sucks and when budgeting around a move definitely be super cautious about how much cash youll have available.

Almost two months later I still have about 6 boxes hanging around and a few pieces of furniture occupying where a dinner table would be if I had one. ehhhh. I'll get to them eventually. I hate moving. Hopefully that'll be the last one for a long, long time.

e: and I can have a grill now! with flames! i just grilled the hell out of a burger

Bummey fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Nov 2, 2018

That Works
Jul 21, 2006

Upside for us is the wife and I have only been living together in small rental places in the city since we got married. We're buying a much larger home in the country, so at the least we can store / put away everything we currently own easily enough. Also our income went up which made the move finally possible once we hit our savings goals. The hardest part is going to be holding off on buying all the things as soon as we are in the new place and try to spread apart buying stuff we've both separately wanted for ourselves once we got a permanent spot (like a reloading press for me).

Pursesnatcher
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

Upside for us is the wife and I have only been living together in small rental places in the city since we got married. We're buying a much larger home in the country, so at the least we can store / put away everything we currently own easily enough. Also our income went up which made the move finally possible once we hit our savings goals. The hardest part is going to be holding off on buying all the things as soon as we are in the new place and try to spread apart buying stuff we've both separately wanted for ourselves once we got a permanent spot (like a reloading press for me).

Yeah, all of this, plus the things about the house itself you suddenly find out you need to upgrade. Like the drainage system, the 40 years old wallpaper, or getting in a nice hardwood floor.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Get a hunting license and go hunt - life got in the way again, maybe next year

get a salt bath annealing setup for BLK and 8mm cases - done! annealed some blk, making some more over the coming weeks

Do a KD Appleseed event - done! shot a 229/250
or
Shoot Distinguished Rifleman (230+/250) at regular Appleseed - not gonna happen this year

FVSR optic train upgrade - done!
Shooting at least 2 Practical Rimfire Challenge events at Peacemaker - done! got three

Shoot IDPA at least 3 times, and do another classifier to gauge improvement - 2 down, 1 more to go, not sure if I'll freeze my rear end off to get the third.

Form 1 a .22 can - eForm 1 is in

2018/2019 Winter project: Graduation Gift/Project: moved back due to grad school stretching on one more semester than planned
Buy an "untouched" condition Nepalese P1864 Snider-Enfield to restore it to firing condition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

e: Derp, posted in the old thread by mistake.

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jan 11, 2019