Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
some goons are bad, some are good

In conclusion SA is a land of contrast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Laterite posted:

Wonder what happened in March that bumped up SA's popularity.

:chaostrump:

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Former DILF posted:

Remember the first time you poo poo your pants as an adult

maskenfreiheit posted:

lmfao if you weren't diapered up watching the countdown on your 18th bday

:justpost:

Mycroft Holmes posted:

remember shmorky?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
we'll never reach 200k itll stop at like 199997 or something

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Milo and POTUS posted:

I mean certainly not with this attitude, buster.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

Just lure Dare back for a few days

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Percelus posted:

4300-4400 users logged in, SA is basically the size of a popular wow server

Well yes, but the QUALITY of our members is of the highest caliber, fantastic, just the best in the world, because as you well know not everyone can come up with 10 dollars to sign up to a web zone

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
so is there some rich goon that can do a solid and buy 900 accounts cause i posted this like a year too early

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Are we still getting new members overall or is the increase from people resubbing after being banned? Not trying to be a dick, just curious.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

de_dust posted:

I think that bigpeeler.

Or am I getting janitors mixed up.

Just looked these up out of curiousity.

HumperMonkey was the ex-military goon who had some cool and funny stories of being in the service.

bigpeeler was the zoo janitor/caretaker, who might be dead(?).

Bruiser was the street sweeper dude. Entertaining stories but tipped his hand with an epic tale about a girl dying in his arms or something like that.

Also I forgot there used to be a front page (lol what front page etc) feature rounding up the best of the forums. http://www.somethingawful.com/forum-fridays/

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
yo guys.

JUST 500 MORE

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
We should really have a betting pool and prizes given out

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Up to 199,667 users as of 03 April.

Man, nobody's joining this drat site these days.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
At current rates SA will hit 250,000 users in 100,000 years

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

We really should have a contest

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
god i did not think this thread would be so sad

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
remember im gay

also im too old to have a reg year smiley :smug:

also lol they are still called smilies not emotes when you post. love this old rear end forum.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
How many of those users are dare resubs

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I think it's time to celebrate anyway because SA has 200 posters, k?

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
imagine running a comedy website/forum for like the last like 20 years and somehow not letting it die. who does that

lowtax.

what a man.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Damo posted:

imagine running a comedy website/forum for like the last like 20 years and somehow not letting it die. who does that

lowtax.

what a man.

He might be a weirdo but god dang it, he’s our weirdo !

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Damo posted:

lowtax.

what a man.

I respect his commitment to never commercializing the site

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcADqxnQA_4

Except S.A.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

way to jynx it OP

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So is Something Awful really that much less popular now than it used to be or is it the fact that the internet has exploded since 1999, so the site is less popular relatively to what it once was, just not in total numbers?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
How many banned users are there total?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

The Walrus posted:

remember slenderman? remember king reol? remember mister tiddles? remember gooncamp?

Ready Goon 200k

Insurrectum
Nov 1, 2005

I'd like to join your popular web ring please

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Insurrectum posted:

I'd like to join your popular web ring please

Just slide on the right finger and you'll complete the picture

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Mr.Tophat posted:

Ready Goon 200k

I'd ironically read/watch this.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'd ironically read/watch this.

the end would just be meeting lowtax and paying him :10bux: for a bottle of mangosteen

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock

punk rebel ecks posted:

So is Something Awful really that much less popular now than it used to be or is it the fact that the internet has exploded since 1999, so the site is less popular relatively to what it once was, just not in total numbers?

yes

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

punk rebel ecks posted:

Sure, and a tradition to also eats its own (random bans)

Still less than 500 new users in 2 months... boy even my tumblr gets more followers than that

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

bitmap posted:

I love...goons!

drat weirdo

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

How many banned users are there total?

22,786 total users banned.

I bought accounts for my bro-in-law and a buddy but neither one posts anymore.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Dear Richard,

I love your dead gay forums.

Love,
W.Beef

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Still less than 500 new users in 2 months... boy even my tumblr gets more followers than that

Jesus gently caress.

This site really is only carried on by users who registered around a decade or so at the earliest.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

punk rebel ecks posted:

Jesus gently caress.

This site really is only carried on by users who registered around a decade or so at the earliest.

The last great influx of users was people trying to join goonswarm. We need to do something to affect the outside world and people will start to join again.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Perhaps we can get an influx of new users by offering an AwfulCoin cryptocurrency!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

punk rebel ecks posted:

i think part of it is shifting usage habits. imagine how many people used to surf the web and hang out on AIM/ICQ/whatever on their desktops/laptops. now imagine how many people don't even really have computers any more because they do everything on smartphones/tablets; i was talking to someone last night who said she hasn't had a computer for like ten years. she's like 30 years old and she just doesn't have a computer, no big deal.

the ~world wide web~ isn't as big a thing as it used to be, which to me means it's less likely people are going to find out about something awful and then decide to pay :10bux: to join

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Sure, and a tradition to also eats its own (random bans)

people got banned all the time back in the old heyday

• Locked thread