Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Professor Shark posted:

Ford is a host

I remember this one coming up in the last thread. I'm not sure if it's put to bed or not, but some goons were speculating that Ford was one of the first hosts. This appears unlikely, as Arnold recreated Ford's family and childhood home as a present.

I'm re-watching season 1 and I think that Ford is the man that built a house at the center of the maze that keeps coming back after he dies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
they aren't bullets they're ai nano projectiles like in the end of the book seveneves

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Stubbs has got to be a host, he just stumbles on Bernard two weeks later? And Bernard isn't like the gently caress happened to you?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

So they should have done what, exactly?

they should have voted for centrists and slowly over years and years in slow increments change would come while they asked politely for the rights all conscious beings should have

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Neurosis posted:

Is my memory off or were the hosts that broke out naked killing security at the end of s1 much more resilient, such that they could shrug off the smgs security were using? The ones in this episode were not so durable. Is terminator mode just for jailbroken hosts? If my memory isn't off then lol at the security employees or contractors having small calibre weapons incapable of putting down the thing they were there to possibly fight

I think maeve and her two cronies beefed them up

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

i hope i live long enough to be a loving insane old man

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'm pretty sure in one of Bernards 'flashbacks' dolores is in a cocktail dress in a city somewhere

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
granted no one probably would have complained if it was dolores getting naked for maeve

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I got super basic rear end 10 bucks a month cable from comcast but for some reason my login still gets me hbogo and a bunch of other stuff so lol

yeah I get hbo through xfinity on demand or something like that with comcast at as far as I know no extra charge

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

You joke, but that brings up an interesting point: how much is known outside of the park? We know the Chinese military have some idea, but past that, there has to be a lot of people - important/rich people, at that - who didn't come back from their holiday or this fancy shindig they were invited to. That has to raise a few red flags.

yeah but its easily covered up by picking out a few important people, like maybe the ones that are on red high priority cards, and if you do find them maybe off them anyways or if you don't find them or find them dead just replace them and say, "Welp we found him safe after our rescue mission, here he is! Nevermind the white goo dripping out his ears."

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i think dolores isn't awakened because maeve can control her

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
wasn't one of the directives in her story on the tablet when bernard had it something like "infiltrate mainland"?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

But now I'm really curious, because obviously Delos corporate didn't put that in, because they still needed Sizemore to get Abernathy out. And it doesn't really make sense for Ford because, at least as he told us, he thought simply inserting code to make hosts think they were conscious was a completely flawed way to have them realise consciousness. So who would have programmed that narrative?

maybe the hosts form of consciousness is just them writing their own narratives and it can still be accessed in their code?

maybe if we had a code reading tablet of maeve on the train her narrative would have changed to "find daughter"

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Astroman posted:

She's not the only one who looks like someone else too!

All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again.

:awesomelon:

what you're telling me is bsg took place in park 8?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
im glad i wasn't the only one who thought they'd accidentally put on the lost remake

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Pirate Radar posted:

Also did anyone else think at first when the drone hosts reached up to snap their own necks that they were gonna take their masks off to reveal that they’re all Bernard :unsmigghh:?

...oh word, nobody else? I’ll show myself out.

i did, i shouted oh gently caress they're ALL bernard at my wife who wasn't even watching

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
maybe ford kept him on easy mode until he finishes his story line

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
the episodes before this one were kind of meh this was the first episode that was like, oh yeah this is why I like westworld

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
there are big knives in west world how did they differentiate between guest and host?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
that is my favorite and would be actually good writing, I don't trust the writers to do that

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
haha gently caress hello old friend

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
train go forward train go backward

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

That was an amazing episode and definitively answered pretty much every question the thread has posed. :sun:

train go forward train go backward?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
the cradle back up is going to be in abernathy's muffin and when delos uploads it to their main servers skynet happens

only then will we have the answer

train go forward?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
when you run out of money from the first one you gotta go back for more

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Pigbuster posted:

I just find it funny at this point. That cradle scene cinched this as 100% a clown-rear end show to me. It wouldn't be so laughable if it wasn't trying to use these dumbass PMCs as an example of how Weak and Feeble us humans are. It's like having Dolores take candy from a baby and go all "Your kind... so weak, so helpless. But... this candy... it wasn't made for you".

maybe they're hosts too? Why waste real human lives when you can send in a bunch of robots. We already know corporate is using bots in their secret dna labs.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
im pretty sure you see a few older women and/or unattractive women guests during the party where ford gets shot in the head, but it makes sense that the vast majority of the human created robot sex dolls are hot

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
hector is my personal favorite

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
older women go forward older women go backward

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
ford made bernards dong

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

TK-42-1 posted:

The 7 different bernards are all functionally identical except for the length and girth of his dong

theresa may have become suspicious

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i thought hale was just a representative of the board and not on the board

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Juchero posted:

I know right, not a single train to argue about or anything.

native go forward, native go backward

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i hate thomas the tank engine but my mother in law has a train fetish or something and constantly buys the books and shirts and toys for our kids. its white male capitalist propaganda trash though so I throw most of it away

here's an article that even talks about that new coat of paint episode what trash, the books are the same

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
they're just using footage that they recorded at the same time

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
mainly to bang asari

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Jealous Cow posted:

Either that or he’s paranoid that he’s been replaced and keeps digging in his arm to check.

I think he's lost his poo poo and he thinks he's a host, maybe he lost his poo poo because he's a host

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
william probably knows that the scan that checks for explosives is bullshit because ford could just make a host that didn't have explosives so he didn't check

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
if william was enough to gently caress up both those kids they probably had issues other than william, serious daddy issues probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'm pretty sure 99% of people who 'watch' tv shows don't actually watch them