Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I just finished this episode and then read the last 10 or whatever pages. I was also confused by the train part. I thought Dolores and friends were planning to ride the train into the Mesa on a mission to try to rescue her dad, not use the train to blow poo poo up. So yeah, I thought the tech was being locked in and let go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I still don't understand why I was a moron for not getting that their plan was to blow up the Mesa, not stage a commando raid, but it's probably got something to do with me watching the 4 episodes before this most recent one completely drunk off my rear end.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Boris Galerkin posted:

“Here’s a gun with one bullet, save it for suicide” is a common thing in movies and TV though.

Nice.

Maybe they could hire the GoT writers and have them write the dialog?

Teddy: We need to get into the Mesa, which we will do by running the train into it and having it blow up. Since you are not a host (you are a human) and since you’ve made me king rear end in a top hat now, you can’t join us.

Guy: What does that mean?

Teddy: The train’s engine is in the front car, the same car you’re in right now. We are going to move to the second car and disconnect it with you on the car.

Guy: But why?

Teddy: As I said, you’re of no use to us now. By the way, here is a gun with one bullet, for you to shoot yourself in the head to commit suicide in case you don’t want to burn to death from the fires caused by the explosion.

After disconnecting, Teddy shouts across the gap: You are now on the train with the engine barreling towards the Mesa. We are slowing down because we don’t have an engine because you have it. We’re going to walk the rest of the way. Remember the gun I gave you.

Would that have been so hard??

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Season 2 of True Detective was better as a whole than season 2 of Westworld is so far.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

What if all the new security people are rich tourists playing an incredibly violent game of clean up a wacky amusement park full of killer robots and everyone other than them is a host?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

In Ford's defence, it really was fun building a beautiful city in SimCity 2000 then unleashing a flood a fire an earthquake and an alien on it.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

What if Hale and all the others are hosts and it's a repetitive narrative and both stories are separated by many years just like season 1?? The only real people are the horrible security guards (guests in a park) playing "kill the deadly robots".

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Elsie annoys the poo poo out of me and I wish she'd been left behind in the last season.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Also man they've been on the way to the Fireworks Factory Beyond for the whole drat season.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

davidspackage posted:

The hat thing wasn't great, but I really groaned when Bernard said "It's called The Forge." You could practically hear the writer stroking themselves there.

Agree.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I predict this show will go on for 500 seasons just repeating the same stupid stories and having people wander around robot theme parks until we realize THE VIEWERS ARE THE HOSTS endlessly tortured and following their loops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm glad Stubbs turned out to be a host.