Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I mean didn't the colonel or whatever actually greet Dolores as Wyatt? Or did I mishear? In any case she definitely seems to be on-rails. And we saw why Teddy isn't a "chosen one" I guess.

Oh and at some point we saw the old westworld logo, was that because time-line hijinks (if so someone explain please) or is it just because it was some old sector or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Did the article actually mention they spend time on some TV forum? I thought that in general they just get fans having these discussions with them possibly irl, at which point people tell them they don't know poo poo. And mansplaining is a thing hth.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

That was a good episode. Maeve using the host wifi network or whatever to do her witchy powers was cool. Shogunworld was fun. Sizemore was such an annoying gently caress last season that I'm surprised I'm sort of enjoying him getting dragged along this season. I wonder how good the Japanese was in this episode.

Dolores is definitely kind of a downer. I think it's because her Wyatt character feels so one-note and bland, and I think it'll end up being that she's not truly free or whatever since she's following that storyline, but having to slowly watch it unfold is annoying. That said I never had much of an opinion on Teddy either way but he definitely has grown on me as a contrast to Dolores. Poor guy. :(

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Supercar Gautier posted:

I went back and checked and there's one shot where the landscape is moving the wrong way (as though the car the bots are on is leading), but in the rest of the shots it's correct (with the tech's car leading).

Aside from the one goofed shot there's enough cues to tell which car is leading, but for maximum clarity there probably could have been a long-shot from the side as the cars separated.

I think maybe the landscape thing got me. I've never had any issues with paying attention to Westworld but I too was confused as to why they left the tech behind and then essentially blew themselves up. At some point when they step over to the other car it looked like they were moving forward or something, I don't know.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The whole park is basically a weeb version of Medieval Times, I wouldn't expect accurate combat from it even in the context it's in, to say nothing of it being a cable TV show that probably cares more about looking fun and cool to people who don't care about this stuff.

I don't really care about historically accurate fight scenes or anything but even as a layperson that scene felt awkward and off. Same with the QA team or whatever advancing on a fort slowly in a line while not wearing any helmets.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Is this train... now?

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Kinda disappointed William didn't actually die, that whole scene was a holy poo poo moment for sure. Ford did mention the hosts getting to the Valley Beyond and opening The Door again to Bernard this episode so William is definitely going to end up there at the same time as Dolores and Co.

Curious as to when we'll see Hector/Armistice/Felix again. Wonder what happens to Elsie since she wasn't in the 2 weeks later crew, so maybe she ends up with them somehow. I'm happy that we'll be getting a ghost nation episode next to finally explain their wokeness. (probably something like experiencing the suffering of his wife dying and remembering it or something I dunno)

Bad scenes: the cradle explosion. Holy gently caress was that terrible. Also how everyone's been keeping Abernathy alive this whole time and then Dolores comes along, has yet another touching scene with him and digs out his brain no problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I loved the episode and thought the Lakota narration was incredibly cool. I don't know how well he did it and knowing that it was slowed down because he's not fluent is interesting, but even the slow pace I thought fit super well with his character. And it was nice to finally see the ghost nation back story.