Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

BurtLington posted:

The guy who gets tied naked to the horse is coming back next season btw.

The actor or an old version of the character?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Solkanar512 posted:

I think folks are being a little premature in saying this second season is going to suck.

All shows that get a second season suck. The only good shows are single season gems that were cancelled too soon.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Dumb Lowtax posted:

"Character dies in every episode on the first day of increasingly undangerous jobs" is an incredible premise for a show and I'd watch the hell out of it

Wasn't there a single season "good spy vs evil spy" show where the evil spy died every episode?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

How about Game of Thrones World? Cameos from the entire cast, and they could even shoot on some of the same sets. Who wouldn't lose their poo poo over an unofficial crossover?

I don't understand why this silly idea keeps coming up.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Corporate lady survived.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Someone will just start a thread that doesn't close and everybody will post there instead. The invisible hand of SA.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Mar 30, 2018

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

We're obviously gonna need four threads. One free-for-all, one no theories, one that includes the producer reveals but not theories based on the reveals, and one for theories from those that don't read the reveals.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Caufman posted:

The weirdest loving thing about HBO Now is that, while you can use it to stream on your PC, nevertheless you must sign up for the service on a mobile or Apple device.

I thought was only for early adoption when it first came out.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

stoops posted:

Need something explained. On episode 3 season 1, Dolores gets taken into the barn, thrown on hay and she realizes she took the bad guys gun. She has a vision of the man in black and then shoots the bad guy. She runs off. Later at the end of the episode , she meets William and falls in his arms.

Assuming it’s the same Dolores from that hay scene, how did she have a vision of the man in Black ?

It was just an editing trick.

(Such tricks are one reason why I wonder if the show would've been better without "two timeframes" thing, but whatever.)

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Didn't like the Final Five. Liked Earth being a nuked husk and the Chief smiling about it, but then they reversed that.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I don't know what sucked more, Starbuck was eventually an angel or HeadSix was always an angel.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I speculated on this earlier, that they might be entirely autonomous to protect against tampering, but the tiger kinda sinks that idea. Or at least means it's an active signal, rather than fail-deadly solution. The fact that the tiger could ignore it sorta seems to indicate that it'd only work on non-malfunctioning hosts though, which doesn't seem particularly useful - at most it'd reduce the number of potential malfunctioning hosts.

They can obviously turn it off, so I don't see why they can't activate it except for plot purposes.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Entropic posted:

I'm calling it now, in the last episode they're gonna reveal that one of the parks is Jurassic World :krakken:

I don't want to know about the sex in JurassicWorld.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

"Confederados aren't taught to retreat." I guess when fake-Virginia only exists in your backstory, that's technically true.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

BrianWilly posted:

The mentioned in the first episode of this season that Ford must have changed the guns so that it detects the guests as hosts.

It is weird that that would be network thing that can be switched, rather than that just being a permanent feature in the bullets' tech, but okay, I guess they just wanted to handwave that and get to the action.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Is putting all your men on one part of the fort while not defending your back door at all the reason why the South lost the war?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

P90s are both cost effective for a TV production since they're already being produced, while also looking a bit scifi-y to laymen.

yorkinshire posted:

I don't really give a poo poo about gun tech, but if it was the gun sensors determining to kill or not it would've killed the rajworld guy in the intro.

I'm assuming that the first part was before the party and the hunt was after the party.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 01:17 on May 8, 2018

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

KoRMaK posted:

lol but what is this referring to? I don't keep up with the barbie line

Also, does she have like a crown of thornes thing going on?

It's just a joke about it being pink.

BrianWilly posted:

. (If the admins had to stop a host from killing another host, for instance, they might remotely jam their guns. So there's gotta be some kind of network capable of accessing those guns)

Has there been a throwaway line about QA trying and failing to do stuff with the network? Since they did use to jam guns and crap normally.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 01:47 on May 8, 2018

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

More of this, please.

Someone should just post the Imgur album link, she does whole episodes.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

It's kinda weird that Dolores didn't figure that a stray bullet or grenade could completely undo her plan.

Or an undefended back door, for that matter.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Should include the next couple panels.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Targeted fan forums are almost always positive, I think. I'm sure The Walking Dead subreddit is pretty positive too.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The guys in that one buggy should've given their buddies a heads up that the back door was undefended.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

I'm in the camp that the ghost nation is separate from the other hosts and they are rounding up real humans to save them. Otherwise, why would they randomly just want Sizemore and let the other two leave?

They're probably getting the humans because they're under Elsie's control. If Sizemore had gone with them, he'd be chilling with Elsie and Stubbs right now.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

esperterra posted:

As long as it's acted well idgaf.

That is problem for some people. They don't think the main character does a good job at all, and we lost Anthony Hopkins.

Another problem is that because we don't know what "Glory" is, we don't have a reason to care about anyone's journey for it right now. That makes the plot feel aimless.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 07:40 on May 8, 2018

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Ai. It completely slipped my mind that they changed Dolores's dad and that's why Teddy didn't recognize him. He only remembers his current character's memories.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Pirate Radar posted:

It would be really loving stupid if the dead tiger was a misdirect.

But consistent for this show.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I take it that Team Maeve is gonna samurai it up because Meave's daughter is kidnapped to ShogunWorld.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I doubt that Dolores considers any bot as "irredeemable", because that would logically include herself (Wyatt).

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

duz posted:

Wait, so some people actually think they cast a white woman to play the younger version of a black woman?

Eh? Theresa was white.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I don't understand why a white Jimmy Simpson is playing the young version of an Asian Ed Harris.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Collateral posted:

Confusing her with Tessa Thompson.

You are just being obtuse for internet cred.

Then it's weird that they thought people were talking about her playing "the young version" of a character that's about the same age, and they didn't stop and wonder if it was more likely that they were mistaken.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Tessa Thompson is actually a super-hot 60 year old. Check IMDB if you don't believe me.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Are the scans to find humans or just implants in Delos employees? You probably don't want guests to report that there's a murder frenzy going on on your property. That can't be good for the bottom line.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

. I figured they would just have some sort of bluetooth connection that gives them an innate feeling that another person is a host.

We know they do, and Ford probably had it set up so that they're programmed to treat Bernard as human.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

A better question is why they couldn't have taken Abernathy's brain out in a briefcase.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Hale suggested cutting his head off after things went tits-up.

Yeah, but it would've been a lot simpler get the brain in the first place.

As an aside, it expands how much unique technology is in Westworld. Not just AI software, but also uniquely high-capacity hard drives. And some people might have "suspension of disbelief" issues with that.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 03:12 on May 9, 2018

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

All the D&D goons are hanging out in JacobinWorld with the guillotines.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I wonder if DixieWorld is too far across the line for Delos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

jojoinnit posted:

Im doing a rewatch of season one and there are early scenes of Bernard video calling his ex-wife. Are we supposed to assume those were implanted memories then and what we saw was just the memory Bernard has and the conversation and woman didn't actually exist? Iirc it never comes up again right?

Or she's a bot.