Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RugClockVexx
Aug 15, 2008
Wow, great trailer. Whats up with that Vitruvian Man from the intro? Do we need spoiler tags for the discussion of this trailer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RugClockVexx
Aug 15, 2008
Have you guys seen this Delos Placement Test ?

https://deloscareers.com/placement

It's a promotion involving the mobile game that's coming out soon.

RugClockVexx
Aug 15, 2008

Accretionist posted:

The fake controversy turned me off to the Ghostbusters remake. Then the bad reviews sealed the deal.

And according to the test, I am suited for Livestock Management (body technician).

The culture around media these days is so toxic. If you don't like a movie now you can be labeled a misogynist, racist, or worse, a snowflake! Id tell you what I think of the Ghostbuter reboot but I don't want to commit political suicide.

I was placed into Host Behavior... gonna turn it up to 11

RugClockVexx
Aug 15, 2008
Were there any flashbacks of William's wife's suicide last season or was that a season 2 only thing? The flashbacks and what was shown last episode were a little... off.

RugClockVexx
Aug 15, 2008
Ah, OK thanks, I feel like we've seen those series of images (the water dripping, running up the stairs, and the tub) a few times now this season. I guess they were filmed before and the chandelier wasn't available for re-shoots? You'd think they'd just edit in what they've been showing us all this time.

RugClockVexx
Aug 15, 2008
When Ford sees William at the bar and gives him his profile card at the benefit dinner, does he say something to the effect of, "I've come to offer my condolences?" I may be wrong, or misheard it, but if thats what he said, what the hell does that mean? Its especially odd coming right before (the night of) his wife's suicide. I feel like we've discussed the ability to see possible "futures" or outcomes with the cradle and all of its variables, do ya'll think Ford might of seen her death incoming?

RugClockVexx
Aug 15, 2008

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

He’s come to pay his respects. The benefit dinner was in William’s honor.

Ah yes, "pay his respects" thank you, that was the line. Just a weird thing to say, even when its to honor someone. Usually you hear it when someone dies.... BUT then again Ford is always saying cool/weird poo poo.

RugClockVexx
Aug 15, 2008
God-drat... the hooples down at HBO finally loving decided to fuckin' bring back one of the most fuckingly poetic, Shakespearean, and cunty shows I've ever had the pleasure to loving see. This is awesome.

Guess they figured they'd save money on set design with the Westworld set existing? I've heard things regarding Deadwood's set and how it was lost/dismantled and that being one of the reasons why it cost so much per episode. Maybe someone has more info/context?

RugClockVexx
Aug 15, 2008

Astroman posted:

And there is so much more to tell, just going by the history: [WARNING HISTORICAL SPOILERS] the town burns down and is rebuilt, Sol becomes mayor, he and Seth build a hotel that is open to this day, Al dies in mysterious "accident" (pushed in front of a train somewhere else, I think Chicago), Seth becomes BFFs with Teddy Roosevelt and is later invited to the White House.

Amazing. Id like to see all of this. The historical aspect of the show is so impressive because of the number of "American Notables" that came to Deadwood. Hearst was wonderful on screen and added a dynamic that changed so many relationships in the show. I was so reluctant to watch this in the first place, Westerns were my grandpas thing, not mine (hip cool young dude). Glad I watched. Every scene was jammed packed with content: the language, the performances, the scenery. Gushing ended. Anticipation begun.

Will the Deadwood movie drop before WW season 3 is the big question now. The amount of coordination between all those Deadwood stars will mean they have to film it in a tiny window or edit the gently caress out of it a la Arrested Development season 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RugClockVexx
Aug 15, 2008
Apparently the church is the only thing that still stands. I say make the best of a bad situation and ASAP get some shots of the devastation. Maybe they can use it for some of the scenes based in the far future they intend on showing.