Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Man I thought this thread meant it was only a couple week away. Please delete my self awareness until then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Yes, her whole plot was programmed not clear who all was involved. This is also why it makes sense that no warnings went off when someone hacked her stats. There also was a scene where Bernard explains she would return to the park because fail safes etc. being the basis of her code, i.e. longing for her robot daughter that is really just another robot and or humanoid whatever. Probably Ford just trying to give them a head start loving poo poo up from the inside of the control buildings. Season 4 probably going to be revealed Ford had been sending thousands of these guys into the wild to fill positions of power so they could kill all humans.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Fell off this thing during the Maeve storyline in S1. From what I summarized so far I have not been missing out.

Corporate jerks 0, Ford 1 million.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Today on new guy death bingo, pillow tester.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

It was shown that the Hosts can pretty easily stop a human with a blade when Teddy grabbed MiB's knife. SW would probably be some highly-vetted endgame poo poo: you can only go after you complete 70% of the quests in Pariah or something. Fewer guests and a more adult focus would make it easier to tailor and control (and charge a premium!). Give most of the Hosts blunted weapons and program them to not let the guests hurt each other in single combat.

Vistors to SW are not shameful enough to play on easy mode.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The hosts are not really sentient Ford is just programmed them to think they are to punish corporate for moving against him. This a commentary on humans who think they control their lives when really we are just as trapped as the poor juciero forever in search of an unexpired juice pack.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Shakes the Clown is better than any other movie.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So episode 10 is just a giant pile of poop and wraps up nothing and was written by a 3-year-old? This is what the last season of GOT is going to be, isn't it?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So you have the majority stakeholder in the largest corporation in the world, and you are the only person that knows his daughter is dead. Why would you not make life easy for yourself and assume her identity and kill off William? A sentient super computer would be smarter. You wouldn't need to upload the forge or any of that poo poo you just fire the remaining board that isn't murdered and do whatever you want since you own everything. I guess running from blade runners for a couple seasons is just easier filler.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
We were the robots all along. Second season totally ditched this theme so the original movies is better except it doesn't have tigers or does it?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Season 2 was just a glitch in Delores dads processor from the upload of all that data and we are starting at the end of season one again for season 3.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Writers just need to accept that viewers are at least as intelligent as them and that you won't be able to fool everyone.

Like, do they think people keep watching Citizen Kane because of the mystery of "Rosebud..."?

Rosebud was a robot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Steve2911 posted:

It should've ended after the first scene. Would've been vert tantalising.

Just stop after the opening credits.