Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames

LividLiquid posted:

I disagree completely. Seeing what happened with Skyler in Breaking Bad really opened my eyes to the fact that people will poo poo on characters who are women for being even slightly imperfect where they'll go to bat for any troubled dude.

Skyler’s role in the show was to be a nag, constantly holding Walter back from becoming an actualized badass. The male fantasy is to want to see Walter get worse and worse, and Skyler was always an annoying roadblock in that inevitable path. Maybe that’s not fair to the actress or character but the structure of the show set up the viewer to find her aggravating because of how she always got in Walter’s way, and when she wasn’t getting in the way she was making mistakes and screwing things up for him. She was just written that way.

I found the suicide sequence with William’s wife in this episode to make very little sense, time-wise. Not only did it not seem like William was downstairs for more than a few minutes at most but his wife only glanced at the card’s contents? I don’t buy that. Either they’re trying to do something clever or all that was very poor editing.

bad day fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jun 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames
My assumption was that William raped Dolores in the barn more than once. And that, like, lots of other people had done the same.

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames
I think the hosts they found which had never been installed weren’t hosts who switched themselves into human bodies but hosts that were never programmed to begin with led by Maeve with her newfound admin powers.

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames

Senor Tron posted:

Saw a story the other day about a kid who died due to an organ transplant with the wrong blood type that should have been picked up, but no-one involved thought to actually check assuming it was someone elses duty.

When you receive knee surgery they have to write NO all over the leg not being operated on as surgeons notoriously having trouble telling right from left.

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames
It’s was a great and memorable TBS afternoon film for a lazy Saturday or sick day home from school. Much like The Omega Man or any of the Planet of the Apes sequels.