Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Flatscan posted:

Sylvester was reprogramming hosts to gently caress staff and deleting the logs. It's not shown, it just comes up in dialogue when Maeve blackmails him with it.
Yes, well put. The robot was blackmailing the poo poo out of these two dinguses.

Imagine instead of Maeve you had to outwit Bender. Could you withstand a game of manipulation against Bender?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Our boy jimmi Simpson shows up in the new episode of Black mirror and it's a really really fitting role. Ryhmes with his role in westworld, and is a sort of corralary. Kind of fun to think about his character having the same experience across shows - adds to the depth of what he says and experiences in the black mirror ep.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

April!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

When did this show come out? I thought i wasn't going to see it this soon.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I was like "lol the first 3 piano notes sound like that kanye song, but then it does someting else"

then halfway through I remembered this show does old timey covers of modern songs and thought oh I wonder what actual song it is, then I realized it was the kanye

Even the robot animals are in the rebellion! What's up with that party where everyone seems frozen? Does it elude to more than just the park being robots - that a ritzy party is actually part of the simulation? How many layers are there? You go to the park but really even your outside life was part of the game? And you're goal is to keep getting out and out and out each layer at a time?

It'd be like a fitting way to end lost - an inception levely sort of vacation you put yourself in.

the kanye song was used on the trailer to the bbc bitter lake trailer but all their audio has been taken down :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzeiA5MkTXw&t=14s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqpwDJpI3Rc

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Feb 5, 2018

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

They did a good job at messing with my expectations in how they altered that song for the trailer. The first 4 notes are really recognizable, but by playing the first 2 or 3, then swithcing to the chorus it through all of us off.

The name is runaway, which is really interesting thematically to what would be going on in Westworld. Who is running away? Who are the jerk offs? whose email has dick picks in it?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

Westworld S2: One of the parks is Parkworld

That would explain the fancy paused party in the trailer.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Lycus posted:

I don't understand why this silly idea keeps coming up.

Because the original Westworld Movie was just "What sets do we have?" at whatever backlot they were filming on

HBO owns medival fantasy world, urban decay cop world, middle school world, weekly round up talk show, etc so these are all possible sets for Westworld

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Feb 9, 2018

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Latest season of black mirror had a lot of cross over with WW and blade runner 2049.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

One of the hosts has a MRSA infection or something and they're just like "haha welp, a few more rounds in the fucktank and I guess we'll cure her then?" :shrug:

Cite your sources pls, tia

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

jojoinnit posted:

Just walk around demanding that everyone cease all motor functions like a normal goon

yea try to troll and exploit maybe you'll find something

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

D-Pad posted:

I had a letter waiting for me from the Sheriff saying my reputation proceeded me and when i confronted him about it he accused me of being a horsefucker

hahaha

That'd knock me off my game for a second

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Is MIB gonna help lead the uprising? Seems like the fun he'd be into

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

What the gently caress

so at first I'm like "oh this is just re-edited stuff" but then realize that it's new and the voice over is new. Then I realize that it's actually delores and the other one playing some music, it sounds familiar but I can't remember

And why when I mouse over the video is there a dog for 20 minutes?

Oh gently caress!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Shneak posted:

A new way to get rickrolled in tyool 2018? Westworld keeps reinventing the game.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

JossiRossi posted:

I think that was part of the point of showing the contrasts. Like a new host was given Dolores'_Dad.cfg, but it wasn't him. There are these things that build up inside the host program as junk data, but which still influences the deeper aspects of a host. I guess the best way to put it is that if you clear out the reverie stuff, you lose the "soul". Ultimately though the new dad acted the same way superficially, called her the same pet name, had the same routine, etc.
Yes

Evolutionary instinct is just baked in memories over millions of years. Hosts are doing the same thing. You clear their poo poo, or prevent them from accessing it and then they are just slugs

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

Immediately before the episode airs

It does??! Barry and last week tonight haven't been doing that but I hope you are completely right and I can get it asap

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Hell yea motherfuckers, I'll see you nerds at the end of the season

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Ok i lied, but uh wtf was with all that overwrought exposition from maeve and delores. Kinda took me out of it and felt like bad writing

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Limmy couldn't have done it better

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

What he gently caress was up with the bad dialog from Maeve and Delores though. Sooo much exposition

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Holy poo poo, Westworld could use actors of the show playing roles as a shoehorn to getting the actual actor there as a doppleganger.

"'Come out to the coast, have a frew drinks, play a cowboy' they said" next thing you know your performing journey into dark from here to eternity

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Nichael posted:

Dolores' dialogue was really bad. The scene where she's hanging people was cringey. Also, there was a scene where The Man in Black/William essentially looks into the camera as his theme song plays.

Hang on im gonna rewatch this poo poo again right now

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Entropic posted:

Yeah it was a bit much when Dolores was like

"And I now I have one last role to play..."

**music swells, Dolores turns and stares meaningfully into the camera**

"...myself." :smug:
Yea what the gently caress!

We need a subtitled gif of that btw.

The only redeeming thing I can think of for that scene is that the hammie-ness of the delivery is a sign, a symptom, that she is still acting. Just like that overwrought poo poo under the moon at the edge of the beach right before the red mixer in the season finale went in s1. In the s1 finale on first watch her and teddy's "we'll get out of here some day" story felt over the top but believable until literally a (stage) light is shined on it and it's revealed as a ford plot and dialog.

Will the whole big arc of this season take place in the 11 days? Like, s1 spanned many decades, but this season (representative of technology) will unfold at like an expontenial rate - so days instead of decades? Man create robot. Robot rise up. Robot is new and clunky and gets defeated shortly. Man re-asserts itself

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

William found The Maze which was not for him. So Ford created The Door which is definitely for William. Then William shot the kid in the face.

It's a very good show.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Could you get cast into a host body, and have a little bit of a remote link, and a lil amneisa to forget the process took place, and so this is the next big feature expierience - realistic remote surrogate. it even has your dna!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Think VR, but like the egg from Black Mirror's Xmas episode

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Eiba posted:

Re: Dolores's monologue being over the top: She can't help it, she was written made that way. There's an interesting disconnect that's beginning to feel weirder and weirder when the robots start talking for "themselves". They're using our language. And specifically they're using the language of an overwrought western. Dolores is going to speak in absurd monologues because that's what she was taught to speak. Flowery monologues as Dolores, and fiery ones as Wyatt, but either way she is a literal monologue machine. The viewer more and more is going to have to emotionally translate that over the top performance back into what it really means in essence.
poo poo

Shout out to the Westworld movie callback of tech on golf kart trap lol

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Yea what door was amazing, and the writing team has stayed the same do I can't explain an actual dip in writing.

Re: door handle sniffer. "Dna sniffer so there's no trouble inside." Is Charlotte a bot? Or does she know Bernard is. I think it could be either or both. Maybe the dna sniffer is meant to keep humans out and only let delos bots in.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Where did all the bodies in the lake at the end come from?

C'mon man you know this. No one knows. Get outta here with your whack rear end questions until you're combining alien controlled horses theory itt

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

This might seem ovious but I realized that in order for things to be hidden from a bot, they need to be flagged. So, it means that prior acknowledgement and changes to code need made to add it to the list of things to hide.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Does anyone remember the thread in yospos where they were posting as if they were working help desk at westworld?

If someone had a link or pdf of all those posts I'd much appreciate it.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I thought it was lost, I couldn't figure out the right terms to search for

thanks so much

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

I think I may have to stop reading up on the season. The internet has speculating down to a science and already things have been spoiled that are almost definitely true.

For instance, There are probably multiple Bernards

I binged the first season and only read up on it after finishing, which allowed me to discover so many new details on subsequent rewatches. I think I'd like to experience that again.

Yea and it may explain why some of the talk was so hamfisted.

Could this all be an elaborate test of the early system - see if the bots could kill things they thought were guests?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

So apparently there was something important in that Rick roll vid besides a great duet

https://winteriscoming.net/2018/04/28/reddit-may-have-cracked-the-biggest-twist-from-westworld-season-2/amp/

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Was there a badger 288 in this season? I only remember it from last

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Old man delos says "difficult as parting the red sea"

Hints apparently to wonder what's at the bottom of the lake?

https://news.avclub.com/there-s-some-mysterious-symbol-scattered-throughout-the-1825715500/amp

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Something I read pointed out that the hosts this season don't seem to rot. I think they used the lake scene as an example. The floating bodies look recognizable and not crazy bloated and rotting.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Tonight!

Will Tandy and the crew leave the mansion and never return?

Will the show be renewed?

Will the episode be good!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Safari World

If sure like it if the writing of dialog didn't feel so bad. Stop saying the loving violent delights meme, hosts.