Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Argus Zant posted:

No, you're thinking of Elsie getting that one guy in Livestock Management to let her look at the host that had tried to self-terminate. Maeve appealed to Felix's longing to be a Behavioral programmer, and... she made some kind of offer of assistance to Sylvester, I think? It's been a long-rear end time since I watched the show, but I think the idea was that she knew Syl had some kind of grander illusions as to what he wanted to do with his life, and Maeve offered to help him if he kept his mouth shut and went along with everything.

Sylvester was reprogramming hosts to gently caress staff and deleting the logs. It's not shown, it just comes up in dialogue when Maeve blackmails him with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Yadoppsi posted:

Folks, he previous Westworld thread sure talked up the work J Nolan put into Person of Interest but couldn't get into the serial procedural first episodes. Is it better as a binge and is there a season or episode I should skip to where you think it starts to get really good?

A lot of the background stuff that makes the later good episodes good is scattered through the "boring" procedural episodes, so you will actually miss stuff by skipping them. That said, you can probably skip to the middle of the first season without missing too much.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Bicyclops posted:

Donnie Darko.

Yeah, the director's cut of that is a bloated mess. Richard Kelly owes his very short career to whoever edited the theatrical cut of that film.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Elderbean posted:

There should definitely be an alarm system that pings everyones phone or something but maybe Ford disabled it. Also, hubris.

Maeve hosed with the security system as part of her escape.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Accretionist posted:

Maybe? Snake lady still had a mechanical arm

That's new. She cut her fleshy arm off when it got trapped in a door during the first season finale.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Pirate Radar posted:

unlike the earlier Judge Dredd in which he does

That does lead to the bit where Rob Schneider only recognises him from his chin, which is a good little scene.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

ymgve posted:

What the hell was that underground complex that is "a passage to another world" supposed to be? Is it just some terraforming machinery, or something more? There were weird hexagonal pillars and stuff.

edit:

Looking a bit more at it - could it be a teleportation device? Circle thing looks like some gateway or something.

Looks like a cooling system. There's an earlier shot of big pipes going down the cliff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Kin posted:

I wonder how many lines of code are in this function.

10 PRINT :psyduck:
20 GOTO 10