Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Codependent Poster posted:

Elsie, Ake, and Stubbs should all go on vacation together.

Do I smell a spin-off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Abner Assington posted:

Pretty sure Anthony Hopkins could just read the phone book and make it sound like a loving masterpiece.

Nerdwriter has a really good video breaking down his performance in a scene- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kSGkGKwp9U

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Handen posted:

Hang on please tell me this was in an actual episode and which one and where

They already fixed it. It was episode 8.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Matt Lindland posted:

Why didn't they just use footage of the McPoyles, we haven't seen those shots on West World before & they really show you the menace and evil in William's heart.

Dolores isn't a McPoyle, and as we know they keep their bloodline pure as the driven snow...

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Big Mean Jerk posted:

What we don't know about "real" William is what occured between taking the elevator into the Forge and ending up on the beach about to be shipped out.

I think when we saw William heading down the elevator into the Forge, it was part of the post-credits scene in the future. That's why the elevator was empty when Bernard left.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Wooo, came back from work to find 10 new pages on the thread...

Did we ever figure out exactly what William's goal was? Destroy the Forge? Upload into the matrix? Get him some DroneHost D?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Niwrad posted:

Also I did :lol: at Dolores somehow sneaking up on William while she's on a hours in an open field. This guy who is so paranoid that Ford is loving with him that he kills his own daughter becomes totally oblivious to his surroundings.

I figured Willy had a complete psychotic break at that point. Besides, whenever I'm digging into my arm to see if I'm a robot I tend to be pretty focused too...

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

drunken officeparty posted:

$40,000 x 4 million guests is $160,000,000,000. Just shut down the park at that point, you won capitalism.

And that's only assuming those 4mil only visited WW once... likely some are repeat customers.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Accretionist posted:

I'm betting William and his daughter will be a sentimental tale. He rebuilds his daughter. She rebuilds him.

I'm bookmarking this so I can quote it next season when this exact thing happens...

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

esperterra posted:

They seem to have such a weird relationship with that part of the fanbase. 'Oh we're really happy you 'get' it but also we're pissed you 'got' it so well that you 'ruined' it for people who know full well reading about a show on the internet might spoil them'. Like ... if you don't want people to know William is MiB/in a diff timeline by episode 3 maybe don't put a bunch of super obvious clues in the first three episodes? Or did you want people to know?? I don't get ittttt

It's doubly weird because a good twist is the kind of thing you watch again and see that all the signs were right in front of you the whole time (like The Sixth Sense and not like the Stubbs reveal)

Of course in the internet age with tons of people pouring over every frame, someone's gonna figure it out- but again, that's the sign it was a good twist...

The really sad thing is that Reddit actually came up with some better ideas than what the writers had.

They were looking at the mix-ups with what hosts where shot and in what order in ep1 and thinking that Stubbs & Co found out Bernie was a host and were running him through a "wake up on the beach" loop to figure out what he knew. Turns out they were simple continuity errors...

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

How are u posted:

I'm curious as to what all of y'all who keep harping on about the show's writing being a huge failure and dogshit and basically the holocaust on TV etc etc are actually looking for.

Like, what would have made you happy?

I still liked it, enjoyed the hell out of it when it aired.

It's only after when I think "why were the confederados even there? Dolores could have just pushed on to the Mesa without them..." Or "why were Hale and the creepy tech dude trying to get the encryption key out of Abernathy's head when they could have just popped a pearl-extraction helmet on him, grabbed his pearl and fled as soon as the hosts started attacking..." Or even "why did Delos need to get the key out of the park in the first place, and why not just walk out with the pearl like Haleores did at the end?" Or how in ShogunWorld they mourn the death of Clem's doppelganger, even though Maeve and the techs could just wake her back up... they end up showing that even shooting a host in the head doesn't kill them. (which kills any dramatic tension for the characters...)

It did feel like a lot of filler, the ShogunWorld episode was cool, but they coulda just cut it and it wouldn't have really affected the plot any.

But there were good episodes too, the Akecheta episode was fantastic and heartbreaking.

I feel like they simply need to sit down and think things through for next season, instead of winging it so much. Like they started the Abernathy passenger plot-line without really having any idea what he was smuggling out and why. I loved Lost, but they had the same problem of making cool mysteries without really putting any thought into what the answers were.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Cojawfee posted:

The host vaginas scan everyone's dicks and store them in a dick database. Dolores deleted the guest dick database so all the host dicks could fly over the cliff and join the virtual dick space.

Season 3 spoilers- The characters race to track down the dick-cryption key to unlock the dick-tabase.

D I C K C E P T I O N

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Chalks posted:

New hosts in the new series, not just the ones she has balls for

:smuggo:

I just figured she printed out a new body for one of the pearls she had in her purse, and had that host transfer her pearl into a new Dolores body.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

How is the Forge (a matrix VR database where they were storing all the guests and trying to perfectly simulate a human mind) a weapon with which she can kill all humans?

To kill the human, one must first understand the human.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

etalian posted:

Even the cast had no clue on the the plot a few episodes ahead in season 1.

Yeah, that ERW instagram post bummed me out... why in the world would you keep your lead actors in the dark about the scene they're in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

SciFiDownBeat posted:

you might be interested in this if you're into short stories

drat, that was a good read.