Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The movie Westworld was over thirty years ago and the thread title was the premise of the thing.

They even got playful with a line of dialog in the show that was like, "we haven't had an incident in over thirty years."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Christ, I'm getting up there in years.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

PowerBuilder3 posted:

I bugs me more that they are standing. It takes massive amount of processing logic to stand. What's the first thing that goes wrong with bipedal robots today? They fall over a lot.
It's a better visual the way they did it.

Anyway, I think this might be my favorite episode of the entire series.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Blazing Ownager posted:

That happens every time anything is criticized with a female character anymore. It's the go to lowest level of defense of poo poo products.

"You don't like X? Well it must be because women!" no matter how much you like women in other media.
I disagree completely. Seeing what happened with Skyler in Breaking Bad really opened my eyes to the fact that people will poo poo on characters who are women for being even slightly imperfect where they'll go to bat for any troubled dude.

Oh, and if they're not imperfect? They're a mary sue.

Also, I don't even hang out with people who act like psychopaths in video games now, and they're just pushing buttons.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I will follow dumb plot poo poo until the end of the world so long as you give me somebody to root for, but everybody on this show is a stupid rear end in a top hat but Ford and he's dead.

Bernard was the defacto hero of the season and his whole plot was wrapped in confusing time-fuckery and mystery boxes.

I hope going forward, the solution to this problem they used in the end, Bernard empathy, Dolores killbot, at least gives the show a spine to form itself around.

Edit: I should note that I was also rooting for Man in Black redemption as a meditation on nature vs. nurture and what our darkest fantasies say about us, and if they make us bad people if we never act on them in the real world, but then he killed his daughter so gently caress him too.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Nothing in Season 2 made sense and I don't care about much of anything anymore.

I'd be satisfied if every poster who uses :lost: as a flag for a show not paying anything off replaced it with Westworld, because Lost actually paid just about everything off.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

counterfeitsaint posted:

It doesn't matter how many different threads you randomly bring up and defend :lost: in, it's still garbage with a ton of dropped plot threads.
Stop stalking me, you loving weirdo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Somebody here absolutely nailed the ending of Veronica Mars Season 2 and they made a really compelling case not just for who the killer would be, but why, and it made perfect sense, came true, and was the absolute last time I've ever been impressed with somebody predicting a thing.

That was a murder mystery show. We were supposed to try to figure out whodunnit.