Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
At the end of Season 1, I wasn't convinced that this show needed a Season 2. The ending, the revelations and resolutions, the open-ended possibilities of what might happen next--of how the world might change in the face of the hosts' evolution--were all so perfect as is.

After last night, I'm still not convinced.

But anyway, here's my current pet theory: With as heavy handed as they were about the brain core extractions, we'll soon find out that all the bodies in the water are just empty husks. It's a ruse to get all the gunbros to let their guards down, and someone (maybe Deelorrys) is currently hauling a saddlebag full of robosouls down into another secret lab somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

DeafNote posted:

Honestly my sympathy for Dolores' side went out the window as soon as the killing started

Well in the Westworld children's adaptation we'll just have her give 'em a stern talking to

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
HBO needs to call up James Purefoy for a guest appearance, so he can do what he does best (flinging his fat hog around)

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
Is having to explain the concept of a flashback going to be the Season 2 version of timeline/timeframe?

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
Somebody mentioned Fallout: New Vegas earlier and now I can't stop thinking about how amazing a really well-designed, well written, open-world Westworld game could be. Roam around the badlands doing schlocky-but-fun cowboy quests, but occasionally something is a liiiiiittle off, and you keep catching glimpses behind the curtain. What are all these subtle references to a Maze...? Wait, your memories seem muddled... Were you a guest, or a host? Maybe it's random, and you won't know for sure until you find that damned door...

Blah blah blah anyway someone go spend like eight years designing a fully voice-acted New Vegas total conversion, and PM me when you're done. TIA

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

rich thick and creamy posted:

Near as I can tell there was a split second view of a tablet somewhere which had a set of coordinates. A viewer hit pause, punched in the coordinates and lo and behold: South China Sea. So not explicitly stated but rather a "blink and you'll miss it" bit of information.

IIRC they popped up in the Finnish subtitles of the S1 finale.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Man, that floating hat in the intro makes me think y'all are going to be super pissed when we don't find out how the flood happened until the finale. :smugdog:

Has anyone predicted ark-building in the penultimate episode yet? If not I'm claiming that as my pet theory

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Intel&Sebastian posted:

...it was not a great look for them to kick off S2 with a modern white dude scalping a dead Native...

This was the one that bugged me the most, because they're wasn't a great narrative justification for it. They clearly set up that moment to happen, with those people, in that way, just to be edgy. "Dude, imagine this shot... A real switcheroo, right? Right, brah?"

It was such a shallow, lazy shock moment, and a show this smart should be above that.

Trustworthy fucked around with this message at 13:53 on May 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Scalping was historically done by white Americans too, against American Indians (and each other). It's not really a switcheroo.

Oh come on, obviously I'm talking about the broadest, by far most pop-culturally ingrained stereotype of Indians scalping white people.

Being flipped solely for cheap shock moment on a show about a cowboys and Indians theme park.

Trustworthy fucked around with this message at 15:35 on May 19, 2018