Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/11/17/titan-quest-ragnarok-release/

Norse themed expansion, adds a new act that's even longer than the other expansion act, bunch of new items, rebalancing, new classes, etc. as well as updated visual effects. also what the gently caress at this even existing

had some steam cash sitting around so I'll be messing with this today. anyone else picking it up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Does it still run like poo poo?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Liquid Drink posted:

Does it still run like poo poo?

if your computer is from 2004 it will yes

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Yes, it did. Topic Locked

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

Yes, it did. Topic Locked

lol

im on the second half of act 1, theres been new bosses everywhere and the new class is a good blend of melee and magic AOE stuff. theyve made other little changes to the UI to make it all cleaner and it's nice, haven't run into any crazy new thing yet though.

theres an option to start a leveled up character thats primed to charge through the new act but I love starting fresh characters in this

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

*gangnam styles over to PC* I'm about to assfuck my installed list with this new TQ dilly, yo.

swag

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

*gangnam styles over to PC* I'm about to assfuck my installed list with this new TQ dilly, yo.

swag

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

swag

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

swag

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

swag

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

swag

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

swag

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

swag

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i got to some dumb yeti mini-boss that would endlessly destroy my character who had been doing pretty well up to that point, and it made me want to quit. i could maybe try another character, though. i've been looking for a dumb time killer ARPG.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Play Path of Exile instead.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Different strokes. I prefer POE myself, but my brother never could get into it but played the hell out of Titan Quest and welcomed the news.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If you could use TQ Defiler with Anniversary Edition it'd be more tolerable.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
on my last run i installed mods to increase run speed from .5 miles per hour, and to fix the loot tables so that you had a chance of ever finding something better than the Dumbass Axe. just thinking about redoing act 1 is definitely make me not want to touch this, though.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Shite Infest

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah this game is way better w/ the underlord mod, ie the eastern sun of titan quest, which sadly doesnt work with anniversary. the base game is still fine, the drop rates really pick up after A2 and you can set the game speed higher to blow through the early stuff. POE is a better game overall but also like 12 years newer lol

sector_corrector posted:

i got to some dumb yeti mini-boss that would endlessly destroy my character who had been doing pretty well up to that point, and it made me want to quit. i could maybe try another character, though. i've been looking for a dumb time killer ARPG.

that yeti is pretty infamous but you just kite him when he's about to do his stun+meteor thing, and hes the only enemy in the game that does bullshit like that iirc

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the new act is enormous and had a lot of fantastic music, i usually have something playing in the back for diablolikes but i had to shut it off cause there's some great stuff. locations are varied and pretty too

cant wait to see what theyve added to the other difficulties. the drop rates are ludicrously low in act 1 but by A3 enemies are dropping rares and uniques pretty regularly, A5 is showering me with them. it actually feels like they greatly boosted the drops in later levels but who knows because theres no official notes for this expac?? lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Can’t wait to see you turn on this game in two weeks, bob

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

Can’t wait to see you turn on this game in two weeks, bob

itll be on Dec01 when the new season of POE comes out.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

extremebuff posted:

itll be on Dec01 when the new season of POE comes out.

You are like the dog that everyone knows needs to be put down but then you do something funny and everyone delays it another month lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Liquid Drink posted:

You are like the dog that everyone knows needs to be put down but then you do something funny and everyone delays it another month lol

lomfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Liquid Drink posted:

Lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Liquid Drink posted:

lmfoa gently caress you

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Lol

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm sorry Dead Cells! I'm sorry boy! You just have me replaying the same crap over and over again and don't justify procedural generation being used instead of static level design! [cocks hammer of revolver while sobbing]

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvQiXd7pUmo

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

extremebuff posted:

the new act is enormous and had a lot of fantastic music, i usually have something playing in the back for diablolikes but i had to shut it off cause there's some great stuff. locations are varied and pretty too

cant wait to see what theyve added to the other difficulties. the drop rates are ludicrously low in act 1 but by A3 enemies are dropping rares and uniques pretty regularly, A5 is showering me with them. it actually feels like they greatly boosted the drops in later levels but who knows because theres no official notes for this expac?? lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

Lmfao

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

elf help book posted:

Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

• Locked thread